Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheers

17 58.62%
  • Seinfeld

12 41.38%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Semifinals: 1980s (Bracket 1)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Semifinals: 1980s (Bracket 1)

Cheers
    vs.
    Seinfeld

Previously on BTVSAT:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers.

John

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers!

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seinfeld

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers isn't exactly sponge worthy.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like that it's so close! (Go Jerry!)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

cheers!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Seinfeld
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Sis, what the hell? Back me up!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seinfeld.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seinfeld! One of my favorite TV shows. Saw Jerry's stand-up back in November and it was equally hysterical.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers is moving on to the 1980s Final, having received 17 votes (58.62%). Its score is now 272.21.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Cheers won?
    What kind of world are we living in?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

boo!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ughh, the travesties keep on coming. Not that Cheers is a bad show by any means, I like it. It just isn't in Seinfeld's league.

My Mood
    Breezy

popularity does not = great. Look at Jersey Shore. Popular, yes. Should it be in this contest? No. I do like Seinfeld, but Cheers was better, even though it wasn't as popular. And if it weren't for Cheers, there wouldn't have been a Frasier.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Um, Cheers was extremely popular. When Seinfeld started, no one would have believed that it'd reached Cheers levels of success.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just think Seinfeld is a better show. It's characters are far more unique, the writing was better and it there are so many memories from seinfeld, far more than I have with Cheers. I do thank Cheers for giving us Frasier but the spin-off wasn't even meant to be, it was almost an accident. If you only knew what the original show Kelsey Grammar was supposed to be in.

I can think back to Seinfeld and think of Puddy with his Devil's facepaint on, George and the whale, Kramer with his Merv Griffin set, newman and Kramer playing Risk, The unstoppable B.O., George's parents, the cement in the washing machine, 'Who doesn't want to wear the ribbon?', elaine dancing, Steinbrunner, VANDELAY INDUSTRIES, Man hands, George running from the fire, I WAS IN THE POOL!!!, NO SOUP FOR YOU!, Kenny Roger's Chicken, MULVA?, helllLLLLOOOOOOO, You kept making the stops? and I'M OUT and hundreds of other memories that are just fantastic, I can't not think Seinfeld is the better show. Especially after watching through the entire series on DVD last year, beside maybe Frasier, best sitcom on TV. Frasier would probably win just because of the acting.

Cheers is a good show but I don't think it's great. Frasier was great. Cheers was just good.

+ Reply to Thread