Page 54 of 321 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I guess just because I have been waiting a couple of years for the crazy thing!!!!!
    Good thing you're not a Duke Nukem fan - the latest game has been 'in development' for about 10 years now
    Hehe. I'd almost say it's a good thing you're not a Duke Nukem fan in general.

In other news, Fallout 3 looks like it has a lot of potential.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Hehe. I'd almost say it's a good thing you're not a Duke Nukem fan in general.

Take that back! [/choke]

I didn't like the fps-Duke Nukem games, but I love Zero Hour with it's third person shooter approach and the increase in ass kicking weapons.

In other news, Fallout 3 looks like it has a lot of potential.
    It does, it does. If I decide to pick F3 up - will I not enjoy it because I have yet to play the first two? Or will it matter at all?

Country
    Country Flag

Man... I have no idea. The first two Fallout games were a bit before my time - I was still toying around with learning how to change backgrounds at that point. I hope F3 is accessible to new players.

Let's see... there are a few other games coming out soon that interest me. There seem to be a lot of fantasy-in-our-world games - I'm thinking Darksiders and inFamous. I think there's another one, but I'm blanking on it.

Then there's StarCraft II. Tasty, tasty StarCraft II.

And Resident Evil 5, which I guess might have co-op now? Sounds good to me.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Darksiders = God of War
    InFamous = Prototype

And any times a good time for some Resident Evil!

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, yeah. Prototype was the other game I was thinking of.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard it was going to be sans-multiplayer though.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Diablo 3 is the top of my wish-list for now, with Fallout 3 running a close second...

Country
    Country Flag

I heard it was going to be sans-multiplayer though.
    Which one?

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Prototype. According to a blog on Gamepro.com, the developers gave a statement that there would be no multi-player in it; much to the dismay of online fanboys.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that is kind of disappointing...

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CPU View Post
    .... with Fallout 3 running a close second...
    Have you played Fallout 1 & 2, Corey?

Yeah, that is kind of disappointing...
    Not to me...I'm not really big on multiplayer or online playing. As long as the 1st player campaign mode is bangin', I have no complaints.

So I passed God of War for the psp - Fantastic gameplay, although the damn game is only 5 hours long! Oh well, GOW3 is right around the corner so I'll get my next Kratos fix pretty soon. I think I might pick up Crisis Core sometime this week

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CPU View Post
    .... with Fallout 3 running a close second...
    Have you played Fallout 1 & 2, Corey?
    Not really, meaning I've watched others play them and know the general story, but never played them myself. Personally, I'll be happy if it turns out to be a post-apocalyptic Oblivion

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i wanted to try Oblivion. I've been looking for good RPGs for Nigel's 360... and for the Xbox he gave me too I guess. I beat Fable on Friday I think but I had to start over because I'd messed up a part and couldn't get the last Silver Key that I needed. now i know what to do. it only took me 13 hours to get through the whole story tho last time.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Country
    Country Flag

You can get Oblivion for the 360, and Morrowind for the Xbox. Some people don't like the "sandbox" nature of the games. They never end, even if you finish the main story lines you can continue to play..I literally have 100's of hours in both games.

Country
    Country Flag

The only problem I have with the Elder Scrolls series is that they are paralyzing in their scope and reach. I feel like I need a notebook with several color-coded page dividers, pens, and highlighters to get the most out of it.

I haven't been that organized for class. I'm not going to do that.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought Metal Gear Solid : Portable Ops for the PSP yesterday - I'm pretty much addicted.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Just a quick update. I think I might have spoken a little hastily about Warhawk a few posts back. I've since come to really appreciate and have become addicted to it. There is no plot, no storyline, and I've come to understand that as a virtue in a game that is solely meant for online play. Its just red and blue, no tension, no connotations with previous wars or other countries i.e. I say things like "die you blue son of a bitch" rather than attaching a country or other baggage to a frustrated cry of defeat or the increasingly cries of victory.

As far as the online gaming goes, Warhawk works on a micro and macro level that I've never seen in a fps. You can drive a tank, fly a warhawk, shoot them down with a rocket launcher or stab people on the ground. It works on both levels in a way that I just haven't seen. It makes it easy to compete but very hard to shine, as one review of the game put it.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying and have lost a lot of sleep because I'm staying up way too late playing.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

anyone ever play the You Don't Live Forever games for the pc? are they good or no? There's some used ones dirt cheap at my local game center and the guy says they are pretty good.

ionno.

i wish I could buy time crisis, any of them, for my home. I never get enough of those games because they are so expensive to play at the arcade.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love me some Time Crisis, JB. I think there was TC game released for the PS3 recently, I might just have to get it.

---

So I was reading Fables vol 10 the other day , and Bigby (one of the main characters) lies to someone and says that his name is actually a nick name that stands for Big Boss. A small homage to our stealthy hero, mayhap?

Addicted to SKATE. Fucking love that game. Its three in the morning and its still on.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really pleased that its going back to its roots. I didn't like anything past number 3. Should be cool, thanks for posting the footage.

Does anyone play SKATE on here and want to arrange a session sometime?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I got Crisis Core.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I'm really pleased that its going back to its roots. I didn't like anything past number 3. Should be cool, thanks for posting the footage.

Does anyone play SKATE on here and want to arrange a session sometime?
    I like the 2D Megaman games. Started with a friend's NES back in the day. Continued with the X series on the SNES.

I got Crisis Core.
    Sweetness. How is it so far?

Also, I guess there's a sketch up from Half Life 2: Episode 3. I still haven't finished ep. 2. Watching two of my (admittedly FPS-inept) friends struggle with the last segment for about three hours was enough to drive me away from it for a while.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I got Crisis Core.
    Sweetness. How is it so far?
    I have two major gripes with it right now. You've played Kingdom Hearts, right? Well the battle in CC is very similiar...only you have to keep entering commands in this sub menu rather than just having the liberty to string together combos by pressing any button you want. The controls itself take some getting used to - you have to press the L and R shoulder buttons to move back and forth between the commands, and X to execute them , but the thing is that while you're not battling, the shoulder buttons are your camera shifting buttons, so sometimes you accidentally press them and use up a valuable item like a Hi Potion or an Ether. Sucks. Then there's the leveling up system - you really have no control over how your character levels up : After you fight a certain amount of enemies, this slot machine thing comes up , and depending on what you get , you can either level up your character, level up your magic, or sometimes nothing at all.

Maybe it's just that I'm not used to this new system, hopefully I can get a deeper appreciation of it as I advance through the game. We'll see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 321 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast