Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Oh, that's what she meant! I misread that.
    Oop. Sorry, Beam. I don't know most of the folks here yet.

Edited for accuracy.
    Haha... Touche, Bricey. I will do my best.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yun - Did you pass Assassin's Creed already? And how do/did you like it?

Country
    Country Flag

Yun - Did you pass Assassin's Creed already? And how do/did you like it?
    Yep. It took me a while, because I kept getting schooled on the second-to-last mission, but I enjoyed it. And once you sit through the impossibly long credits, you can go back and play any of the memory blocks.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

game update: *makes Morse code sounds*

Ok so Nigel got Call of Duty 4 because I wanted a war game i could play with him. And then we find out that I can't play the story with him. he doesn't have internet yet so no Live either. He bought the game Saturday and finished it today... it was on Recruit tho so he's gonna try it again on hard. He also got Madden 08 which would be a joke if i tried to play with him because he's a monster in it. I want Guitar Hero or Rock Band now. i've been having the most fun with the arcade games on the 360... he has to get his Live account info tho so he can unlock them.

He gave me his Xbox so I started playing Fable last night and I'm already to the bandit camp mission. I'm playing more with my ranged weapon now than i did before. it's still fun... i just have a hard time bringing myself to being evil. i don't dig senseless violence (hence why i don't like GTA at all)... also the controller that i took for his xbox has issues with the right trigger button... so i gotta get a new one.. i might do that after work today...

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Country
    Country Flag

oh and it's ok Yunsung lol

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You don't like GTA?! BLASPHEMY!

Country
    Country Flag

lol... thats what everyone says... i just cant get down with beating up random people and jacking cars and stuff... but i like war games... as long as there's a reason for the violence i'm ok

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My sister claims she likes the GTA games, but all she really likes to do is higher the wanted level to it's max and drive around avoiding the cops, bazooka'ng helicopters

Country
    Country Flag

every now and then Nigel will just get in a mood and haul off and shoot a cop or two and then either be shot or arrested... it's better to be killed i see cuz then ur weapons dont get taken away.

we were playing against each other in Call of Duty and I thought it was cool that you could shoot when you were about to die... or take the coward's way out and shoot urself.... talk about options.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beam, COD 4 isn't co-op online either, so you cant play that with him online. Got Mass Effect and Civilzation Revoluti'n, such good games.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    lol... thats what everyone says... i just cant get down with beating up random people and jacking cars and stuff... but i like war games... as long as there's a reason for the violence i'm ok
    You know... I was like that when I started GTA IV too.

Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely hated the previous GTA games. To me, it was pretty pointless - you can theoretically kill people for money, but that's really kind of impolite. And, prior to Niko, the main characters didn't have much going for them. Tommy Vercetti was really terrible person, the guy from San Andreas was a lowlife in his own right, and it all just left a bad taste in my mouth to play them.

Niko is different. He's got a lot of different things going on behind the outright violence. He's a stranger in a new country, pushed into a position where violence is more or less his only choice.

That said, the people who inhabit Liberty City are really, really miserable. Not that they're suffering, but they are insufferable. Every NPC who has a name who I've come across makes me want to murder them after about five minutes (with exception of Little Jacob, who seems to be one of the only calm and ...well, sane people in the city). Elizabeta, Manny, even Cousin Roman all are embarrassments to humanity.

I guess that doesn't excuse it when I jump into a sports car, a guy freaking out in the passenger seat, and drive off the cliff at the south end of the first district, diving out at the last minute so the passenger can (depending on what the car hits first) either drown or struggle out and swim to shore.

Or when I run down a pedestrian who jaywalks in front of me, and instead of using the 911 feature to call paramedics, I just nick whatever money he left behind.

It doesn't excuse it, but knowing that these people would do worse than that to me, given the chance, makes it a lot more bearable. The only people in the game who I don't like to hurt at all are the relative innocents - police, firefighters, paramedics, vendors, restaurant workers, and most of the women. And those last only because I can trust that they won't try to start fistfights with me if they drive into my bumper.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I was watching him play and the NPCs will just run into you and then get out and try to kick ur ass. It's ridiculous. And that's usually when Nigel gets pissed and goes on a killing spree. And I agree about Niko being a more likeable character. I didn't even know that you could call the paramedics for someone... I wonder if Nigel knows that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love all the GTA games because I like my anti-heroes to be nice and scumbag-ee.

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even know that you could call the paramedics for someone... I wonder if Nigel knows that.
    Yep. Just dial 911. You can call for police, paramedics, or fire services. And thereby acquire for yourself a magnificent firetruck. With a working hose.

I love all the GTA games because I like my anti-heroes to be nice and scumbag-ee.
    I understand. But I just can't relate with most of them - the need to take society apart just because or out of greed doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as Niko's motivation of threatened survival.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Why not? It's as good an excuse as any other!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Oh, that's what she meant! I misread that.
    Oop. Sorry, Beam. I don't know most of the folks here yet.

Edited for accuracy.
    Haha... Touche, Bricey. I will do my best.

lol... thats what everyone says... i just cant get down with beating up random people and jacking cars and stuff

My only issue with the game is that it's pretend.

Country
    Country Flag

Why not? It's as good an excuse as any other!
    Maybe I'm just getting old.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i don't think so. I agree withy ou, and feel the same way. GTA has never been too appealing to me. If I play it, and I have, all i usually do is run away from the cops. So I'm pretty much playing Driver.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Anyhow, GTAIV is the present. LittleBigPlanet, Spore, The Force Unleashed, and Resistance 2 are the future.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Spore... the future.
    if it ever comes out... which I am skeptical
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit that my GTA comments up there are pretty biased - I have a deep fascination with the whole mafia/gangster sub culture.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Spore... the future.
    Why the skepticism? Gamefaqs has a September 7th North America release date listed.

I have to admit that my GTA comments up there are pretty biased - I have a deep fascination with the whole mafia/gangster sub culture.
    Hehe. I know; I see the appeal. I just don't fall into that category.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Spore... the future.
    Why the skepticism? Gamefaqs has a September 7th North America release date listed.

Hehe. I know; I see the appeal. I just don't fall into that category.
    I guess just because I have been waiting a couple of years for the crazy thing!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

[
    I guess just because I have been waiting a couple of years for the crazy thing!!!!!
    Good thing you're not a Duke Nukem fan - the latest game has been 'in development' for about 10 years now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 321 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast