• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 321 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Candice, great to see you here! I completely hear you on the kinds of games you prefer, they're not what most gamers are really into, sadly. Me personally, I shy away from online gaming almost completely, games have pretty much always been a single-player experience for me. But on the other hand, I like almost every kind of game. Right now on my PC I've got a bunch of games installed from The Sims 4 to the latest Assassin's Creed.

I mostly prefer heavily story- and choice-based role-playing games, so the online and community approach doesn't really work with that. I know most won't be up your alley, probably, but I recently posted a list of my favorite games of the last decade here. For games that are more to what you prefer, that aren't first- or third-person, I would highlight Disco Elysium, Kentucky Route Zero, Elsinore, Oxenfree, and Night in the Woods. Also, Eliza and Butterfly Soup, which are visual novels, but technically games.

Elsinore and Oxenfree are probably the more unique ones, plot-wise. Elsinore is based on Hamlet, so it's not unique in that sense, but how it takes the plot of that well-known story and where it goes is just minblowing. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I don't really play games to get stories personally, the games I like the most allow you to create your own story, or are vs. games in some way. It's the same reason I like pen and paper RPG, you create the story yourself. That may just be holdover from me being a creative type and preferring to tell my own story rather than be confined within someone else's. When I want to be confined in someone else's story, I generally watch a show, a movie, or read a story (visual or text). I do have some story-driven games, but I don't tend to end up being as into those as the games where I get to tell the story I want to tell within the system the game provides. I spend so much time alone, and with no one to talk to, that when I am gaming I want it to be with people so that I don't end up completely cutting myself off from the world again like I've done a few times.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, you wound me so! I think the first Dragon Age was an astonishing achievement and one of the best games ever made in my view. The world is so well thought out, flesh outed, and feels real. I liked all the characters and places. The story is simple but how it's told and the twists and turns make it really engaging. Yes, the look may not be exceptional, but I enjoyed the stylized artwork and environments they went with. The combat I felt was actually really strong. Like the video above talks about, it can get a bit samey, but I believe it was pretty much the pinnacle of pause/strategy combat. Yes, I'm a huge fan of it, I'm sorry!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

missing out on games due to console exclusivity = PC Master Race
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm at the end of my first playthrough of Catherine. It's pretty incredible how you struggle through the puzzles the first time through and you don't feel like you're actually learning anything. You can replay the puzzles for the gold trophy so you can skip the puzzles and just replay the story different ways, and I'm doing that now to prepare for the end. Playing them back now (I've now replayed every puzzle except for the end puzzle(s)) I'm having no issues at all. Some are tricky to get Gold since you have to be perfect, but I only got stuck once or twice where I had trouble figuring out the solution again.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gonna binge play Last of Us part 1 this week in preparation for Pt II on Friday!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So it turns out Metro Exodus is leaving Game Pass at the end of the month so I've decided to play that before I have to buy it (which I know I'll do once a sale hits). I'm only in the first area, but this game is fucking awesome already. The Metro games are bar none the standard bearer for survival horror games. That even out of the Metro tunnels of the first two games and into the wide world, though some of that horror-atmosphere is lacking, it's even more of a survival game now. And the world does feel quite alive with how time passes, weather changes, monsters and mutants move around quite fluidly. The loading times are brutal, but when it's loading up such a big area and there is ZERO loading within that area, even going in and out of buildings, it really makes the world feel connected and whole in a way no other game has done for me before.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I reckon I'm about halfway through Metro Exodus and it's in the running for being my favourite game of all time. I knew it was going to be special, but I had no idea it would be this speicial.

Country
    Country Flag

Got myself the three most recent Quantic Dream PS-exclusive games that were finally released for PC last year. Finished Beyond: Two Souls in two long sittings. Great story and surprisingly metaphysical. Playing as Ellen Page for most of the game was a huge plus, she's awesome. Now about halfway into Detroit: Become Human. Very intriguing and very similar to B2S, in a good way. We'll see where it goes but so far I'm also loving it. The only negative is the camera controls in both games. It's that weird static camera thing where the character is not tied to the camera and can move independent of it. It annoys me to no end, cause I can have the character walking straight and then they need to turn the corner, so instinctively I turn the camera, but no, you need to walk sideways!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I reckon I'm about halfway through Metro Exodus and it's in the running for being my favourite game of all time. I knew it was going to be special, but I had no idea it would be this speicial.
    Reaaaaaaaallly? of all time? Isn't M:E just like a diet coke Fallout?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't find Metro Exodus to be remotely boring. I think it's positively incredible so far just wrapping up the Caspian level. Outside of increasing the scope of the game and letting it breathe, it's every bit as good as the previous games in terms of tense combat, and the openness of the game makes the cramped dungeons feel all that more claustrophobic and sure, that is a taste of the Metro that I love, but I also don't think another game in the Metro tunnels would have been as fresh and engaging...it would have just been more of the same. Much like how Bioshock left Rapture, Metro left the tunnels but actually gives you a large, fully realized world to explore with enough sidequests and enemies to keep things engaging. The gunplay is so smooth...I can't get sick of popping off headshots from hundreds of yards away, or taking on several demons at once. I like that while the game doesn't force you to be stealthy, it punishes you if you're not by having enemies call for backup and how 3 mutants can quickly turn into 8....basically the game encourages me to be as accurate as possible and take out all enemies with one shot.

The game design itself is stunning. The graphics are ridiculous and the lighting and weather changes are seamless. The sound design is the best I've played in gen so far. The way your gunshots echo throughout the desert. I love that if you look down your character has legs and arms...not sure how common that is in games these days, but it really shines in the quiet moments so much your wife laying with her head on her lap, taking a smoke break, playing a guitar and your fingers playing actual cords while finger picking the strings...it's so immersive in ways few games are. I like that I can sit and listen to my comrades talk for 20 minutes, that they feel like actual people.

I guess if you're not into exploration then you wouldn't like Exodus as much as the first two games which are more old school, level-based shooters. I enjoy myself just taking in the scenery and The Caspian level is fucking gorgeous. I don't really get the exploring just for parts is bad idea. The reason why you've got plenty of parts is because you'll find enough along the way of the main quest, but if you're going off and exploring and getting into a bunch of extra combat situations, you're going to use way more parts. You're not exploring for parts, those parts are there so you are able to keep exploring. If you don't want to explore you don't have to explore because you're not really missing out on anything except a few weapon's upgrades and some lore which means you have the choice to just do the main quests and fly through the game. I don't see how that's a problem at all. I can see if the game was FORCING you to do a bunch of exploration for stupid fetch quests to pad out the runtime, so far I haven't encountered any of that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Last of Us Part 2 Is the Fastest-Selling PS4 Exclusive Ever

The Last of Us Part II has officially sold through over 4 million copies as of June 21, 2020, making it the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever.

Senior Vice President of PlayStation Worldwide Marketing at SIE Eric Lempel took to PlayStation.Blog to reveal the milestone, all but confirming that The Last of Us Part 2 has surpassed Marvel's Spider-Man as Sony's fastest-selling exclusive for the PlayStation 4 in its first three days.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Downloaded a fun little game they just put on gamepass called Streets of Rogue by Tiny Build. Old school graphics with a whole lot of fun game play. Different characters with different abilities change up how you want/can go through the levels. Kill everything, hack your way through, stealth etc etc...the choice is up to you. I couldn't stop playing yesterday trying the different characters and trying to unlock more characters. Highly recommended.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Got myself the three most recent Quantic Dream PS-exclusive games that were finally released for PC last year. Finished Beyond: Two Souls in two long sittings. Great story and surprisingly metaphysical. Playing as Ellen Page for most of the game was a huge plus, she's awesome. Now about halfway into Detroit: Become Human. Very intriguing and very similar to B2S, in a good way. We'll see where it goes but so far I'm also loving it. The only negative is the camera controls in both games. It's that weird static camera thing where the character is not tied to the camera and can move independent of it. It annoys me to no end, cause I can have the character walking straight and then they need to turn the corner, so instinctively I turn the camera, but no, you need to walk sideways!
    Finished Detroit: Become Human, excellent experience! It's highly branching with multiple ways each chapter can end, playable characters can permanently die, and the ending is highly epic and hugely variable based on all your previous choices, as is the ultimate outcome. One of the few games that made me tear up.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I changed my mind on Metro Exodus. I'm replaying the game on new game plus on iron man mode, meaning you can't save the game and if you die you have to restart the level. On Caspian, I seriously was running to avoid a sniper, went up a little ramp and fell off the side of a bridge and had to restart the mission about 75% done. So I restarted it and got further than I did, but stopped my car to fight off an ambush, and when I was getting back in my car afterwards a tumbleweed on fire rolled into me and caught me on fire as the getting in the car animation was going, so I couldn't move or use a health pack and died in the car during the animation. WTF? WTF IS THAT BULLSHIT?!? All the great feelings this game gave me and it's gotta fuck with me now.....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrapped up The Last of Us II over the weekend. Masterpiece. Just a flat out masterpiece.

It's my GOTY so far, pending what Cyberpunk 2077 has to say later in the year.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Care to drop an opinion on the controversy?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can, but it would impossible to do it without spoilering the shit out of it tho...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I can, but it would impossible to do it without spoilering the shit out of it tho...
    Put it in tags. Most of the game has been spoiled for me anyways.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if there is a website that says when games are leaving Game Pass? I know RDR2 just got on there so it should be on there for a bit, but I'm unsure about FF15 which will probably take a long ass time to get through. I kind of want to finally finish the first Kingdom Hearts.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Never mind, I found a site that has every games release on Game Pass so I've made a spreadsheet.

Playing Kingdom Hearts. Fuck the beginning of this game is A SLOG.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Never mind, I found a site that has every games release on Game Pass so I've made a spreadsheet.

Are you playing the original version or the Final Mix version?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Are you playing the original version or the Final Mix version?
    Final Mix. They're all on Game Pass. Someone stole my KH disc out of my case during high school. I never finished it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Put it in tags. Most of the game has been spoiled for me anyways.
    Massive spoilers for The Last of Us 2!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 321 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 ... LastLast