• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 321 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Nah not at all, those 3 were trash and are pretty much considered the worst of the AC franchise.
    Not at all, depends on who you talk to. A lot of negativity around Unity, for instance, was due to release-day bugs. Now, nobody likes bugs, but I am vehemently against bugs being used as a determining factor, because to me games are foremost a narrative medium and an immersive world. That they're interactive and use a 3D engine which can have some issues sometimes, to me, is irrelevant. And Unity has a great story, it looks beautiful, and you have the whole of Paris to explore. What's not to like?
    I played Unity, everything about it is forgettable.
    I couldn't get through it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A Plague Tale: Innocence is a really solid game. It's fairly simple in terms of gameplay. Some similarities to Last of Us though with a nice little progression in gameplay elements that keeps it feeling fresh. The graphics and art design are really quite something. The photo mode on the game, which allows you to take pictures during gameplay has so many great options. On my replay to get all the achievements I've been having a lot of fun just taking pictures of the environment or key events that happen during the game along the way. The story is pretty good even if i gets a little bit silly near the end with more fantasy elements. The time period and setting is extremely fresh when it comes to gaming and I don't know of any other games that take place during the black plague like this. It's just an all around solid game that will eat up about 12 hours for a playthrough.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeahhhh go to any video game message board/forum and try to make a case that Unity is a great game; you'll get laughed out of the building

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    A Plague Tale: Innocence is a really solid game. It's fairly simple in terms of gameplay. Some similarities to Last of Us though with a nice little progression in gameplay elements that keeps it feeling fresh. The graphics and art design are really quite something. The photo mode on the game, which allows you to take pictures during gameplay has so many great options. On my replay to get all the achievements I've been having a lot of fun just taking pictures of the environment or key events that happen during the game along the way. The story is pretty good even if i gets a little bit silly near the end with more fantasy elements. The time period and setting is extremely fresh when it comes to gaming and I don't know of any other games that take place during the black plague like this. It's just an all around solid game that will eat up about 12 hours for a playthrough.
    Shit that reminds me, y'all heard about all the Last of Us 2 leaks???

Country
    Country Flag

Yeahhhh go to any video game message board/forum and try to make a case that Unity is a great game; you'll get laughed out of the building
    I don't need to, and the video does that for me. I played the game and enjoyed it immensely. Encountered no bugs whatsoever. The story was great, the voice-acting was great, Paris is so incredibly detailed and beautiful. Why don't you like it exactly?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Because the writing is trash, the characters are forgettable, the UI is clunky, and the whole package is half cooked.

Country
    Country Flag

Because the writing is trash, the characters are forgettable, the UI is clunky, and the whole package is half cooked.
    I know that's your valid opinion but I just can't seem to agree with any of it, I'm sorry. How was the writing "trash" or "forgettable"? The UI is perfectly fine, no better or worse than any other Assassin's Creed game. And as for bugs, again, I'm against game criticism focusing on bugs. Also, like I said, I never experienced any. Even when playing the co-op missions with my friend online we had no issues connecting and finishing missions. It's a pivotal time in history, and the city was realized with such precision. Didn't you ooh and aah when you climbed the Notre Dame? It's one of those cities where I'll often just get on the ground and walk among the people, it's so awesome and immersive! And as the video I posted points out, most of the animation was reworked for Unity. It looks and feels great. I don't know what's not to like, honestly.

Country
    Country Flag

An amazing game. I ranked it as #17 of the decade for me: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1177915

The world is both horrible and beautiful. That's so hard to pull off. The gameplay is fairly simple but you quickly start to care about the characters. And it's a pretty novel idea and mechanic. At times a depressing and scary game, but I like those

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You're really gonna die on this hill huh?

Ok here, you don't gotta take my word for it. I know you like citing websites; these are the reviews for Unity on Metacritic, which I think we can all agree is a pretty reliable hub for video games. These are for the PC version:

• Critic Metascore - 70% (if this was academics, that'd be C-, just 1 point above a D grade)
    • User Score - 3.6/10 - that's a failing grade

I know you love the game and all, there's no shame in saying you enjoy a game that's pretty abysmal. I think we've all had a soft spot for a terrible game at some point.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry if I'm being too fangirlish about it, but I just don't see how Unity is "abysmal" as compared to any other Assassin's Creed game. And users (gamers), I believe, are overly harsh about this game because some of the early bugs were memed to death. Did you watch the video I posted above? It talks about the game much better than I could. It's fine that you didn't like it, but to say it was terrible can't be correct. It's objectively a beautiful game. Walking around Paris is a ton of fun, it's stunning. Just for that alone it deserves a passing grade. It's Paris pretty much to scale. I played co-op with a friend who lived in Paris and they would take me on guided tours of all the streets and neighborhoods they recognized visually. It was pretty awesome.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All I know is that Farm Simulator 19 is free this month for PS+. Over the moon stoked!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was planning on getting Civ6, but I couldn't pass on the Xbox Sale items I picked up sell cheaper than it.

Fallout 4 Season Pass
    Resident Evil 7
    Resident Evil 2 w/all DLC
    RDR Undead Nightmare

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started Far Cry 3 a few days ago for the first time and I'm loving it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

bought it on PS4?

Country
    Country Flag

bought it on PS4?
    Yes, Sir.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to get FFXII: Zodiac Age too since it's on sale.

Also I bought Catharine for just a few bucks. I've wanted to play that forever and it was really hard to find, especially cheap.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure there are any Fire Emblem fans here, but I've loved this franchise for a long time and have enjoyed every game, but Fire Emblem: Three Houses is on another level. The depth and level of detail in this game is like nothing I've ever seen. I'm only on the first House and I'm about halfway done and I'm over 50 hours in already. I plan on playing the other two houses as well. The replay value of this one is second to none. The perfect game for quarantine.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Another beyond stunning trailer:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also I bought Catharine for just a few bucks. I've wanted to play that forever and it was really hard to find, especially cheap.
    Swear to God you've been buying that game for like the past 4 years now lol. Play it already!!

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm not sure there are any Fire Emblem fans here, but I've loved this franchise for a long time and have enjoyed every game, but Fire Emblem: Three Houses is on another level. The depth and level of detail in this game is like nothing I've ever seen. I'm only on the first House and I'm about halfway done and I'm over 50 hours in already. I plan on playing the other two houses as well. The replay value of this one is second to none. The perfect game for quarantine.
    Only Fire Emblem I played is one for the GameCube. Never really had time for the franchise, and I don't do so well with isometric games. This game keeps coming up on my feed a lot though and I know lots of people swear by it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Swear to God you've been buying that game for like the past 4 years now lol. Play it already!!
    That's impossible. I couldn't even play Zodiac Age until a few weeks ago when I got a current gen system.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Zodiac Age looks great. It's hard to notice the difference sometimes when you play, but the menus are so crisp, so are the character models and the item drops when you defeat enemies. I can't notice a different on the soundtrack though. Maybe when I change settings between Original/Orchestra/OST I need to change areas so it'll switch or something. Or maybe it's just because I've listened to the remastered soundtrack quite a bit because it sounds fucking great.

The biggest improvement for this game is the speed up button. I can't imagine being able to do times 4x without full on gambits and grinding out easy to beat enemies. Even at 2x speed I find navigating around can be a pain the ass, but it sure does make walking around areas go so much faster. I was having a blast playing FFXII last year, but I got kind of burned out on it around 60 hours or so in, and I hit a boss in the Feywood I lost to a few times and I knew I'd have to grind a bit to beat it and I started playing something else...and I just never picked it back up. That shouldn't happen if I can grind out super fast. Lhusu mines was the best place to grind fairly early on the game I that I could spot since you can basically just kill Skeletons over and over and get that chain with decent XP and solid item drops. I must have spend a few hours at it, and now I'll be able to do it in an hour or so.

Looking forward to finally finishing this game after getting heavy into twice in the past 14 years haha

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Only Fire Emblem I played is one for the GameCube. Never really had time for the franchise, and I don't do so well with isometric games. This game keeps coming up on my feed a lot though and I know lots of people swear by it.
    The one on the GameCube is fantastic and one of the more rare games on the system. I just finished the first story and put 80 hours into it. I'm about to start the second playthrough.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 321 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 ... LastLast