• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 321 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 8001

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Souls is a whooooole other trip. They're not necessarily difficult - you can learn enemy attack patterns fairly easy - what makes them challenging is that they are extremely punishing. You will definitely pay for your mistakes, especially the careless ones.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

another reason why i stay the fuck away from them. i'm a decent gamer i think but when it comes to some games i can be pretty good at them and i haven't beat all my games i have for the various consoles/handhelds but i have been a decent number. now if you want difficult at least for me there's a DLC for Shadow of the tomb raider that i had trouble with and it's hard as fuck well for me and 2 of my friends too who also tried it too. and that's one of the last ones i forget the name of it but it had water and a lot of fire. that one was the hardest one so far hell harder than the actual storyline in the main game so far, but than i haven't beaten it yet either

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Konami finally details their Contra Classic Collection. No release date, but I’m all in for $20. The original NES was such a blast and was technically my entry point into the Alien franchise (and cheat codes)

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05...lection-lineup

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ehhh... those are decent games, but I already have most of them in one form or another. Don't think I'll shell out another $20 for a rehash.

Also, any Devil May Cry fans in here? I'm playing DMC5 right now. It might have the best hack n' slash gameplay out of any game I have ever played. The amount and types of combos you can string together is freaking insane. Early GOTY contender for me.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Ehhh... those are decent games, but I already have most of them in one form or another. Don't think I'll shell out another $20 for a rehash.

Also, any Devil May Cry fans in here? I'm playing DMC5 right now. It might have the best hack n' slash gameplay out of any game I have ever played. The amount and types of combos you can string together is freaking insane. Early GOTY contender for me.
    My son keeps trying to get me to play DMC5. Sounds like I should take him up on it. I'm currently playing RE4 for about the millionth time. For some reason, I can't get enough of that game.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i'm the same way with some games, there are certain games i have that i've beaten such as the Original Zelda on the NES i have no idea how many times i've beaten it but i wouldn't be surprised if it was between 100-500 times or higher and i'm just guessing cause that is after all my favorite game of all time. Zelda 3 as i still call it though others call it link to the past i've been that i'd say about 30 to 50 times or maybe higher? not as much as the Original game though. there's a Ren and Stimpy on the Original game boy that i' used to be able to keep track of on how many times i've beat it i lost count at around 150 no so it's prolly over 200 now. no joke that one is a really short and easy game and is a favorite of mine.

and Certain Ratchet and Clank games too i love. i was watching James and Mike on Monday's in the past few days and they were talking about Contra cause it was the episode now that i think about it where they played a shit ton of home brew games. and Mike was saying how each time you play Contra on NES if you keep playing it and not stop after the 1st time you beat it, by like the 5th or 6th time by than the game gets impossible to beat. i think Mike said he stopped at the 6th time

cause it just got to damn hard even for him. i had no idea that game even did that or any game really if you keep playing it in the same sitting which is what he was talking about. but apparently Contra does.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I think I mentioned this before but this past Christmas I got Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far which has all the games (or at least all the cut-scenes) from all the KH games before the release of KH3. I've already played and beat the original game a couple of times so I started playing the next game in line which was Chain of Memories.

It was originally a GBA game and I absolutely hated the game play. So I started searching around Youtube and and found a really interesting channel run by a guy that knows way too much about all the KH games. His main channel is called "Frustrated Jacob" and he has another channel called "Research Runs".

He'll basically do a play-through of each game with another person that knows very little about the games sitting with him. He'll explain everything that's going on and point out little tips, tricks, flaws, trivia, etc...

I watched his play-through of Chain of Memories and then watched a "lets watch" of 358/2 days. I'm currently replaying KH2 on my own as well as watching his play-through of it and eventually plan on going all the way through KH3.

He doesn't have a ton of subscribers but he's pretty interesting if you really want to dig deep into the extremely jumbled and confusing story of KH.

Main channel

Research Runs Channel
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished my second playthrough of L.A. Noire. It's a really good game. The investigations and such aren't quite as much fun the second time around, but you can really appreciate how layered and structured the story is. There's a lot of hints to how everything turns out in the first bit of the game. I'm going to put spoiler tags just to be safe.

In terms of the Homicide cases, if I was Cole Phelps, I'd have saved some women's lives because
    Spoiler:
    I knew there was something up with the Temp Agency when it comes to bartenders. They'd been mentioned several times and the women were consistently at bars, blabbling about their problems (making it that much easier to frame others). It didn't surprise me at all to find out the Dahlia guy was the Temp guy.

It does kind of suck though that in terms of the overall story, the homicides feel pretty isolated since they really don't contribute much to the overall narrative aside from move Cole out of homicide to Vice. The Traffic cases actually do more to set up the main narrative than the homicide ones did. But they're still good cases and work in terms of developing Phelps.

As much as I love the story (I think it might be the best narrative in any video game I've played), there is one thing that really irks me about it.
    Spoiler:
    Roy Earle specifically brings Phelps over to Ad Vice from Homicide, which sets off a chain of events that has to do with the Morphine and begins to unravel the larger conspiracy surrounding The Suburban Redevelopment Fund. If Roy was crooked and knew Phelps was such a good case man, why bring him into a place where Phelps can do so much damage? Roy sets him up with the scandal to ruin him, but that's only because Phelps became a problem to the corruption at the top. On TOP OF THAT, the Chief of Police, who is involved with the conspiracy, sends Cole Phelps to Arson to investigate house fires WHEN THEY'RE PURPOSELY BURNING HOUSES DOWN AS PART OF THEIR CONSPIRACY....WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Why would you send Cole Phelps to the one place he can bring you down? Why not send him back to Traffic or somewhere totally away from your plans? I'm not sure if this is just a major plothole in terms of logic or if the people at the top are just so brazenly comfortable in their plans they don't even consider Phelps? It really bugs me though and is the main issue I have with the story as a whole

The main theme of the game though is pretty great.
    Spoiler:
    I thought it was odd the first time I played when it switches to Jack Kelso near the end, but really, he's the hero. He's the classic film noire stock character and Elsa is the femme fatale who leads him into a web of danger and conspiracy. You suddenly don't have a partner. Phelps isn't necessarily the villain, but he is quite self-interested...his moral code and by the bookness is less to do with valor and justice than it is about him becoming great. Even in WW2 he only thought about his own career, of becoming a great military leader one day. His own desire for legendary status got his men killed and civilians killed. The culminating Okinawa scene with the aftermath in the caves is one of the most gutting scenes ever in a video game.

I appreciate the game taking a look at PTSD and soldiers trying to return to society after WW2 because so much as been made about the life veterans came back to fighting in Vietnam and the Middle-East...the veterans of WW2 are so aggrandized and cast in granite, "The Greatest Generation", and the 50's were an age of prosperity, it's easy to forget they must've had a rough time as well. In the end, Cole becomes a hero only in death. Corruption continues because the new DA made his name off taking down Monroe/Benson with the aid of the police conspirators who don't pay any price. In the end, nothing really changed despite all you'd done as a player. I enjoy games that toy with expectations with the video game formula where accomplish tasks = reward. And a game like L.A. Noire doesn't reward the player by playing through the end by your actions making much of a difference. Nothing Phelps did actually really mattered...The Dahlia Killer got away, you didn't stop the Morphine Supply, you didn't get revenge on Earle, stop the police corruption, or live happily ever after. It's Kelso who gets the most results, but what does he get? I suppose he's got a new job with the DA. Quests in games usually rewards us for successful completion, and L.A. Noire doesn't in terms of narrative.

The graphics are still great playing on the PS3 after what, 7 years? The acting is all really good. I wish more games would take an approach like this. I think something like 70 actors in L.A. Noire were also in Mad Men because they used the same casting directors and most of the key characters in Mad Men showed up in the game...no John Slattery though, the game would've been sheer perfection if he'd showed up.

The driving took some getting used too...not sure if it's because i haven't driven in a game for a few years or it's the the older cars were more janky to control, but once I got used to it, I was great. I've always liked trying to drive like an normal person in open world games, and LA Noire is suited perfectly to it. Cars mostly drive rationally, unlike GTA, so it was pretty easy to not do a bunch of damage to stop that 5 star case rating. I had three cases on my second playthrough with $0 in damage in them. I'm just that safe of a driver Usually only got between 100-300 in total damage.

I also went for headshots in both playthroughs. Didn't take a final tally, but with only a few cases left I had 232 enemies killed and 171 headshots, which is about 75%. My accuracy was 46.7, but it would be much higher if it weren't for using some automatics. It was the damn B.A.R. It sucked. I was blowing heads apart tap-tapping the Thompson, but the Bar was all over the place. Probably took 5% of my accuracy alone. Second playthrough I only used the pistol for 95% of the game.

Now, I'm not sure what to play next. I don't know if I want to play Heavy Rain, another narrative heavy game, or go with Darksiders or Silent Hill 2 and 3. Kind of got a hankering to replay FF9. I've been trying to hold out until I have a current gen system because the remaster of 9 looks gorgeous...but I fucking love that game.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just caught the Stadia connect...good luck Google

4K, 60 fps, and 5.1 surround - but only with at least 35 mbps. They claim quality uninterrupted gaming with as little as 10 mbps

Controllers are $70, but most existing controllers are compatible

Service is $9.99/month, but that’s just membership. You still have to buy the games individually

Release is later this year. Sounds like all you’ll need (besides a controller and a very elusive 35 mbps) are a Chromecast and a screen or anything that runs Google Chrome

Games appear to be pretty limited (with more on the way) and Destiny 2 appears to be their launch title. Yikes. Tom Clancy Division 2 and Assassins Creed Odyssey will probably be day one available but they didn’t specifically say that

I guess this means E3 is officially here

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah no I'm coo. I'll stick with the Playstation 5.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit, E3 is coming up. Great. Everything horrible about the gaming industry all wrapped up in a bow.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Shit, E3 is coming up. Great. Everything horrible about the gaming industry all wrapped up in a bow.
    Don’t be so sure. Could be way worse. Just wait until 2023 when you have to pre-order your E3 pass so you can get live access to the presentation as well as having to pay $0.99 to get each individual game’s trailer within the Press Conference that you already paid full price for. Order your E3 pass through GameStop and you’ll get an exclusive Lara Croft decal to put on your controller while you watch!! Hurry up supplies limited

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

E3: IT ONLY COSTS YOU A FINGER*!

*All fingers will be removed by medical professional cosplayers

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah no I'm coo. I'll stick with the Playstation 5.
    Am I the only PC gamer here?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Now a third Vampire: The Masquerade game is coming? What? What's happening to the world??

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all in for Cyberpunk 2077 btw^

Also, Ubisoft announced Gods & Monsters - did y'all see that? It's like a combination of AC and Breath of the Wild.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Is E3 selling enough hype this year? I've heard it's been mostly trailers without much actual gameplay. Only thing I care about coming out of E3 so far is news of Final Fantasy VIII remastered, which I've read wasn't possible since Squaresoft lost the source code for it.

Country
    Country Flag

E3 was a pretty big turd this year and I’m a hopeless optimist when it comes to video games. EA Star Wars actually looks pretty good albeit unoriginal; Microsoft really really missed an opportunity by showing almost zero gameplay and just trailers. Plus their new console - apparently just kickass loading times is about all its bringing to the table

Ubisoft, Bethesda, and Square Enix pretty much only make one type of game now with different skins on it...super disappointing. Biggest theme this year seemed to be cloud based gaming

Nintendo was probably the winner Luigi’s Mansion 3 is the shit and Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 is in development

And Mae, Xbox actually did you a favor as Xbox GamePass Ultimate (a combo of Xbox Live and GamePass for $14.99) will now be available for PC. They really seem to be getting focused on PC gaming now

Overall, it was pretty much a 2020 is going to be big kind of E3. Can’t blame Sony for skipping, and frankly they’re probably patting themselves on the back for not underwhelming like all the others. Everyone is clearly running on fumes u til the next console launch

Country
    Country Flag

On the plus side of E3,
    Keanu Reeves made a sick cameo, Jon Bernthal presenter a game with his dog on stage, and Nintendo had a sick Duck Hunt fake out appearance.

Also, the Terminator is going to be in various DLC for Various games this fall. Could be a new marketing tactic going fwd

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you guys think about the Final Fantasy VII remaster? Apparently it's going to ship as two different discs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 321 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 ... LastLast