1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 321 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I dedicate like...80% of my entertainment budget to gaming...so I can justify spending the money on a console that I want, in addition to upgrades for my computer every now and then to keep it current.
    But then I don't have much 'stuff'. I don't spend money on typically girly things (clothes/shoes/handbags), I don't collect anything, and I'm a homebody. I won't even go to a movie in the theater unless it's has earthshaking potential. I spent the entire weekend searching for the perfect bed-in-a-bag set online because we need a new comforter and I couldn't part with more than $50 because, in my mind, that's all something like that is really worth to me.

So I'm super cheap in all things....except gaming. And beer. I spend way too much money on beer.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Here's some nostalgia for ya. The ghostbusters theme in the background is awesome. It just screams 80s.

I remember when my parents bought me my first NES. I'm guessing it must have been for my birthday.

I was sitting in the living room when suddenly my mom shouted at me to come upstairs to my room. She used my full first, middle and last name so I thought I was in trouble although I had no earthly idea what it could be for.

I walked into my room and saw my dad sitting in front of my TV (yes I had my own TV in my room) playing (or at least trying to play) Super Mario Bros.

I didn't quite react the same way this kid did but I was in complete shock. One of my friends came over later and wouldn't believe that I had it until I showed him the box it came in.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my NES for Christmas when I was in the third grade....We got the bundle with Super Mario Brothers, Duckhunt and the track game with the Power Pad. I'd go down in my parents basement which wasn't heated (and Central Illinois is a VERY cold place in the middle of the winter) and play for HOURS upon HOURS. That's where my love of gaming started, thirty frigging years ago. Yowsa.

MEMMMMMMORRRRRRRIESSSSSSSS

PS: For some reason my sister of all people (who never did take to gaming) managed to grab it from my parents when they sold their old house. Every year I visit her back home I plan some kind of liberation of my old Nintendo but as of yet, I haven't been able to pull it off.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first console we actually owned was the Sega Genesis. I was in my early teens then. Loved playing Sonic (but I sucked at it) and the Terminator 2 video game which was super difficult and it was such a memorable day when I was finally able to beat it. I remember it like it was yesterday

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never gotten past the second stage of that Terminator 2 game. Hardest game I've ever played stg.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My friends and I spent weeks getting past different stages. Each new stage we would pass was a celebratory event!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh you youngins! Atari was the first console of mine Pac-Man, Pitfall, hell yea!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    PS: For some reason my sister of all people (who never did take to gaming) managed to grab it from my parents when they sold their old house. Every year I visit her back home I plan some kind of liberation of my old Nintendo but as of yet, I haven't been able to pull it off.
    S.E.A.L Team Six, Andi. They are your people
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I remember the first time I saw someone beat Super Mario 2. I was in awe. I finally did it myself a little bit later.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

My goodness, the memories:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Oh you youngins! Atari was the first console of mine Pac-Man, Pitfall, hell yea!
    I remember Atari and the Odyssey system as well. We had both with a couple dozen games for each. Many a days were spent playing them on a 13" b&w tv.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I remember Atari and the Odyssey system as well. We had both with a couple dozen games for each. Many a days were spent playing them on a 13" b&w tv.
    Yep. I had a B&W in my room that my best friend's dad gave me at the time.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

S.E.A.L Team Six, Andi. They are your people
    lol...I really should just let it go. We have a Raspberry pie emulator with every old game known to man on it, so I don't NEED that stupid thing. But I *want* it.

Country
    Country Flag

Finally started Orzammar and I'm on my way to finishing DAO maybe this weekend! Woo! Had a very funny piece of banter between Morrigan and Shale, where Morrigan (the swamp witch) threatened to turn into a bird and hover over Shale Will try to come back with all my companions as you had suggested, Andi, to get as many of these comments as possible. It all happens in that hall with the statues, right? Not sure of the exact spot.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I found an even better spot....if you are inside Orzammar, the bridge to the Proving arena is a trigger spot....you can go in and out of those doors and each time you cross the bridge, you'll get a new conversation. It's less distance to travel than the other spot I had picked out. :-)

But, if it gets too time consuming (I think I spent 3 or 4 hours exhausting a lot of their conversation just to realize that later on, there was more/new conversation that could be triggered) you can find it all on the wikipedia.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Mmmmm, interesting trailer.

I finally managed to Platinum RE Remastered today. Moving on to RE 7 next.

Country
    Country Flag

Mmmmm, interesting trailer.
    Great trailer, and I didn't know about Firewatch but now I have to play it. It looks amazing, just the kinda of game I love. Reminds me a bit of Life Is Strange.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I take your interesting trailer and raise it infinity.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I'm not a huge Kojima fan. Metal Gear was never really my jam.

That being said...I can't wait to play Death Stranding. It looks absolutely nutty. I have been watching the trailers/teasers as they release and even though I kinda think I know what is going on, I imagine I don't know the half of it. I have no real love for Norman Reedus (mostly because I consider The Walking Dead a steaming pile of shit, at least since the second half of the second season) but he seems to fit into whatever the hell is going on in this game. Plus I absolutely *adore* Mads Mikkelsen, consider him to be a fantastic (and underrated) actor, and can't wait to see him in this.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Side note - Today I start my Witcher journey!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I'm not a huge Kojima fan. Metal Gear was never really my jam.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All kidding aside, yeah MGS is not really everyone's cup of tea. Hell, I've played through all of them multiple times and for some of the subplots I still don't know wtf is going on.

Independent of his convoluted, spider-web storytelling, Kojima is the embodiment of a visionary who seeks to push the medium past its limitations with each new project.

I'm sure Death Stranding will be no different. Might be a day 1 purchase for me.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know right?! It's blasphemous that anyone say anything negative about Kojima. And just because he's not my cup of tea doesn't mean I can't appreciate his creative contributions to the gaming industry. I can't even imagine how many people he has inspired to go on and do great things in the field.

Maybe I've just been waiting for this game to truly open my eyes as to what a genius he is, eh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 321 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... LastLast