1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 321 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Those Funko Pops are bad ass dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Oh, I almost forgot. I wanted to share one of my favorite parts of Infinite. I remember stumbling upon this. You find little things like this throughout the game and it just makes the experience that much more special.

These kinda details are what make Infinite such a unique experience.

What about the "Will the circle be unbroken?" guitar bit.
    Love.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not gonna watch the video, to avoid any possible spoilers. Cause I'm a psycho about that.

And I tell you what....when Duncan looks to see that the tower is lit at Ostagar and realizes that help isn't coming....it's like when William Wallace finds out Robert the Bruce betrayed him.
    I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING!!!

EDIT: I'm kinda bummed out that all I got was a video for N7 day. le sigh.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So you went with a mage this time, Andi? For myself, I'm done with the Circle Tower (was a bit annoyed about The Fade at first but actually loved it by the end), and from what I've gleaned a mage origin contains some Fade action.

Now I have decided to pause the main quest and do Leliana's Song, since mine and Leliana's relationship seems to be moving in a very warm direction and I'm about halfway through the DLC I guess... Love Leliana and her cute accent

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    So you went with a mage this time, Andi? For myself, I'm done with the Circle Tower (was a bit annoyed about The Fade at first but actually loved it by the end), and from what I've gleaned a mage origin contains some Fade action.

Now I have decided to pause the main quest and do Leliana's Song, since mine and Leliana's relationship seems to be moving in a very warm direction and I'm about halfway through the DLC I guess... Love Leliana and her cute accent
    Yup, I decided I'd go the healing mage path, if only so I'm not beholden to Wynne for the entire game. She was nearly a permanent addition to my party the first play through, because having a healer is always nice, and wanted to have a bit more wiggle room as far as who and want I bring with me this time around.

I hate the fade. I mean, I really hate that place. Almost so much that I went and found a mod just so I wouldn't have to do that part of the story. Because DEAR GAWD I HATE IT. But modding just seems so cheap to me. So, sigh, I guess I'll just go back to the stupid fade.

I love Alistair. Love him. But I won't romance him. Because it's time to romance someone else. I don't care how adorable he is...
    (If I keep telling myself this, eventually I might even believe it.)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He really is adorable, I love his jokes. He and Morrigan work so well together but now that I have Wynne I can't take him anywhere with me since I'm a bad-ass warrior too. I need them heals! Why can't I have a larger party!? Oh and I wish I could romance Morrigan too

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    He really is adorable, I love his jokes. He and Morrigan work so well together but now that I have Wynne I can't take him anywhere with me since I'm a bad-ass warrior too. I need them heals! Why can't I have a larger party!? Oh and I wish I could romance Morrigan too
    I know! I feel like one more party slot would solve a lot of my issues with my "who should I take this time?" But alas, you only get three plus yourself, so you gotta be really choosy. I actually picked mage just so I wouldn't have issues with too many warriors in the party, because last time I was a warrior, plus Alistair for tanking...I couldn't afford to bring Sten or Dog anywhere. At least not if I wanted a lock picked or or avoid dying horribly which happens when you have no mage CC/healing. Now that I'm a mage, I think I'll go with a healthy mix of Sten/Shale/Zeveran/Lelianna/Morrigan. I guess some of the conversations between Sten and Morrigan later on are awesomely funny. So I look forward to that. Plus, Zeveran is wildly inappropriate. And he makes me laugh. So it's always nice having him in the group.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered my Horizon Zero Dawn expansion and it's downloading right now. I read the reviews on it yesterday and it sounds like it's going to be awesome. A bump in the difficulty and lots of new tidbits of the story to uncover. With the Mass Effect series in peril, I have a lot of hope that HZD is going to be my new SciFi gaming jam over the next few years.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

What about the "Will the circle be unbroken?" guitar bit.
    Love.
    Oh, you mean one of my favorite video game experiences of the last decade? I remember sitting staring at the TV for a few minutes afterward in absolute amazement at the unexpected beauty of what I had just watched. I then reloaded my previous save point and experienced it all over again. The greatest part is this is not a required cut scene or story point. We are literally talking about something that can easily be missed if you're not exploring every inch of the map.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

When Shale stomps that pigeon....I can't help but laugh out loud. REALLY loud.

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, that whole thing was pretty hilarious.

"It speaks?"

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the things I love the most about Origins is the campfire talk.

Each character is so unique and conversations range from very information to funny to whimsical. I could seriously sit and listen to Lelianna tell her bard tales all day, every day. Especially about Aveline which is a tale revisited later on in the series. Then again, there is a ton of overlap and that's part of what makes all the games, despite the fact they each have a different main protagonist, a coherent story.

I love Sten telling me I can't be a warden because I'm a woman. And when Morrigan tells you that two things are always certain with men, they will think you weak, and that they think you find them attractive. lol

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Morrigan's quest and that was a VERY tough fight, right after the altercation involving Zevran. Two back to back epic battles, jeez... But we made it back to camp safe and sound. And I literally just had a nice chat with Leliana about bards. That voice... And also Wynne and her spirit thing.

Love love love this game and these characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I love Sten telling me I can't be a warden because I'm a woman. And when Morrigan tells you that two things are always certain with men, they will think you weak, and that they think you find them attractive. lol
    Both of these made me laugh out loud. And so many others!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like bridges are a huge conversation trigger....the bridge in Lothering, and now the bridge in Redcliffe, always gets people talking.

Sten just told Lelianna that he thought she was singing about vegetables. lol...

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I think that's correct. I wish there were more of these spots. Also, apparently, there are a lot more lines that were never integrated but are still in the game, so you need mods to have them trigger. Do you have those?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't. =/ But if you find them, lemme know.

And there always seems to be a TON of dialogue that I never stumble across in these games, even when I'm logging dozens of hours. I know in Dragon Age Inquisition, people recommend that you only bring two companions if you're looking to unlock certain conversations, because then when it's triggered, it only triggers between the two people present, rather than randomly occurring between three of them. For example, in Inquisition there are two party members who can actually have a relationship together if you don't pursue either one of them romantically, but sometimes it can be a huge ordeal to get the conversation going, and if you don't go the extra steps, nothing happens.

It's goofy, and it shouldn't be needed, but when there is literally thousands of unique lines recorded, i guess you have to go wayyyyy out of your way to unlock some of them.

EDIT:

PS: I have actually gone out of my way to keep certain party members together for an entire playthrough (and will switch to another specific combination in subsequent playthroughs) in hopes that I'll unlock most if not all of their dialogue options and I don't even come close!

Country
    Country Flag

If Wikipedia is to be believed, there were almost 70,000 recorded lines for Origins. That's astounding.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, now that I really think on it, that sounds about right.

Origins is unique in the series because the Warden has so many available reactions to every situation. They range from anger to diplomacy, skepticism to curiosity, and matter of fact to humor, in every. single. response. In the following games, they neuter the protagonists and the responses are usually cut down to three different options; diplomacy, sarcasm, anger. I imagine that's because the Champion of Kirkwall (DA2) and the Inquisitor (DA: I) are actually voiced and they felt the need to trim the conversation fat, so to speak.

But in Origins, they had to record a response to every option, and it really gives you a different feel every time you play your Warden differently. If you are really into playing your character a certain way (I'm playing as a circle mage who is very much against Blood Magic) if gives you a lot more free range.

I was recently reading a post on Facebook about the Warden and the advantages about being "voice-less"...and I wasn't on board then. But I am now. At this point, I couldn't imagine it any differently.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I realize you can't voice every line your Warden has, since you have so many options (ranging from douchebag bitch to baby angel) plus male/female, but the dialog streamlining is also not cool. What makes Origins such an amazing game (amongst many other things) is the writing and the conversations.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that I recognize so many of the voices from some of my other favorite Bioware games.

I get all giddy when I hear Gideon Emery talk.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love David Gaider. I'm heartbroken that he's no longer with the company. =/ He wrote some of my favorite characters.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh dear gawd...

I can't remember for the life of me what I did with Jowan the first time I got to Redcliffe....but he's going on and on about helping and putting things right and yadda yadda yadda, so I figure fine, I'll let him out of the cage but he needs to come with me into the castle to help with whats going on, and so I can keep an eye on him (I'm definitely not letting him escape), and after all his pleas to help he refuses to come upstairs with me because "it's too dangerous".

Fargin' Jowan. You turd. I should have just executed you. Maybe then Sten wouldn't disapprove of everything I do!

Country
    Country Flag

Haven't gone to Redcliffe yet. I'm doing the Return to Ostagar now. Really cool to be back here, eerie. Lost of darkspawn. Funs!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Return to Ostagar is so sad!!! Poor Duncan. :-(

Also, shit! I had no idea you hadn't been to Redcliffe! I'm glad I wasn't super duper specific about what was going on!

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I have done the Circle Tower and I'm just now dawdling around the World Map. Did most of the in-game DLC stuff and Return to Ostagar is the last one, I believe. So I'm only one main quest in at this point (after Lothering), but I'm trying to get my levels up and get good gear and just more experience overall, plus have Leliana fall in love with me finally Her approval is already in the fifties

+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 321 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 ... LastLast