1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 231 of 321 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I only played the Extended Cut ending. The idea of the Deus Ex Machina didn't bother me. It was that, or a big "DESTROY" button! Haha
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen all the endings? Check them out on youtube if you haven't. They're all very interesting.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Now playing: Aliens: Colonial Marines. FINALLY.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

when the hell are you playing Borderlands 2?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I played some of it last sunday, but you never joined me for a game.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That seems to be the general opinion. It may be the Aliens fan in me, but I gotta be honest, I liked what I played last night. Maybe it was how much detail gearbox put into making the game actually look like the film, idk. Not one of the best games I've played recently, but I wouldn't say it was totally shit, either.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I played some of it last sunday, but you never joined me for a game.
    I saw you online but you were playing something else.

Shoot that invite homie!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Final Fantasty XIII-2 was a step up from it's predecesor, hoping the third in the trilogy will be even better.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Black Ops II is shit. I'm pretty much done with Call of Duty, I keep playing it for the social/trash talking aspects and the fact I don't have any other multiplayer games but it really isn't a very good game. No skill is involved to play it, none whatsoever. If you like spraying bullets, spawn trapping and quickscoping it's a great game because that stuff is effortless. Accuracy is now officially irrelevant in Call of Duty, which is funny since it is a SHOOTING game. The game is filled the brim with crutches for people to use who aren't very good. Can't use a semi-automatic rifle? You can make it automatic! Can't aim? Hello laser sight! While I do like the overhaul of the killstreak and class systems, the gameplay still keeps getting worse and uninspired. I thought Black Ops purposely gimping quickscoping as it is cheap and unbalances the weapon classes was a great move, but there was great backlash over it so I was sad to see in this game it takes the least amount of effort to quickscope, with bullets missing by ten feet or more yet still magically killing people! Until they create an entirely new engine, change the gameplay mechanics and remove quickscoping and dropshotting and actually learn to create balanced weapons, I'm officially done spending money on the franchise. So while I still have Black Ops, I will continue to destroy people with my Silenced Five-Seven in Search and Destroy, the only partially playable game mode they have. But alas, if quickscoping and drop shotting were removed from the game, the amount of kids that would throw a fit would be staggering, so it's here to stay.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Final Fantasty XIII-2 was a step up from it's predecesor, hoping the third in the trilogy will be even better.
    I loved both tbh. Having said that, I vastly prefer only having two characters to six. I love micro management in RPG's but not when you have to do it for six individual characters, that's way too much time.

Black Ops II is shit. I'm pretty much done with Call of Duty, I keep playing it for the social/trash talking aspects and the fact I don't have any other multiplayer games but it really isn't a very good game. No skill is involved to play it, none whatsoever. If you like spraying bullets, spawn trapping and quickscoping it's a great game because that stuff is effortless. Accuracy is now officially irrelevant in Call of Duty, which is funny since it is a SHOOTING game. The game is filled the brim with crutches for people to use who aren't very good. Can't use a semi-automatic rifle? You can make it automatic! Can't aim? Hello laser sight! While I do like the overhaul of the killstreak and class systems, the gameplay still keeps getting worse and uninspired. I thought Black Ops purposely gimping quickscoping as it is cheap and unbalances the weapon classes was a great move, but there was great backlash over it so I was sad to see in this game it takes the least amount of effort to quickscope, with bullets missing by ten feet or more yet still magically killing people! Until they create an entirely new engine, change the gameplay mechanics and remove quickscoping and dropshotting and actually learn to create balanced weapons, I'm officially done spending money on the franchise. So while I still have Black Ops, I will continue to destroy people with my Silenced Five-Seven in Search and Destroy, the only partially playable game mode they have. But alas, if quickscoping and drop shotting were removed from the game, the amount of kids that would throw a fit would be staggering, so it's here to stay.
    Yeah, I'm pretty much done with CoD as well, and for the same reasons you listed. There are way, way, WAY too many crutches for unskilled players. I'm not a spectacular player but I'm pretty good and I hate actually taking the time to aim and fire only to be killed by some fucking nitwit spraying fire with his laser sighted shotgun. It becomes simply a game of 'I saw you first' instead of rewarding the players that can lock down an enemy on their sights quicker.

And what's with the horrible spawning? I kill a guy only to be killed by him 5 seconds later when the game spawns him 10 feet behind me.

Don't get me started on that fucking god awful UAV spamming either.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I only play search and destroy because: spawn system doesn't factor, no revenge killing, barely any high level scorestreaks outside a lucky carepackage and no party chat, so everyone has to listen to my trash talk or mute me lol. There are countless times where I don't miss a shot, but I die from a PDW with a laser sight that hits the ground then the wall, then hits me once then the wall and the floor some more and the painting on the wall, then I die after 30 bullets sprayed, despite my better accuracy, a lot of times this happens when I shoot first and take them by surprise, but the submachine gun is unbeatable in this game. When you look at peoples combat records you see the SAME guns on top of all thiers: PDW, MSMC, Remington, MP7, Chicom, M8A1, FAL (automatic in almost all cases) and B23r. Why is this? Because they take no effort or skill to use. Past cod games were the same way, MW3 (MP7, ACR, Striker, FMG Akimbo), Black Ops (Famas, Ak74u, G11). Personally, I do not find it fun to not challenge myself at these games, so I often find myself using the worst guns in the game just for the challenge. My top guns in Black ops are Five-Seven, Hammr, KSG, MK48 and Crossbow. The UAV spamming forces me to waste two slots on my pick 10 just so I can have Ghost on every class. Best enjoyment I can get now is dominating people with my pistol, declaring myself The Best In The World and calling them all neophytes (instead of noob) for using all the noob guns...people get very upset when you call them a noob, because they think they are good spraying a PDW with dual wield B23rs...when I only have a silence pistol against them. Sad the FAL is a noob gun with autofire, because the SMR sucks and semi-autos are my favourite...thanks for ruining them Treyarch.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the only guns I use are PDW and MSMC lol.

I'm astounded a just how useless the Assault Rifles are in this game. I bought the AU or whatever the fuck it's called (The equivalent of the AK) and it's useless against the high fire rate of the SMG's.

The only reason I like to play BOII now is to see my awesome as hell Bane icon that I made

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It feels sooooo good to be addicted to Skyrim again.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Call of Duty is still fun when you're drunk.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. BO2 is almost unplayable. They are making these games now so anybody can pick up and play and make it so it's fairly simple for them to succeed. It makes good business sense. The future of their franchise depends on people who aren't die hard fans. It's the casual fan that will continue to help build their brand. Because of this, people who actually have skill are going to feel left out in the cold. The maps are designed for ultimate gun battles which takes away strategy and also makes it easier for people to find camping spots because they always know where the action is going to take place. This and the awful spawn system make it impossible for good players to go on a nice killstreak.

You didn't even mention the awful lag, probably because you are on XBOX user and the game runs better on there. The game is programmed horribly on the PS3. I've had a PS3 since 2006 and the only times I've ever had to hard reset my PS3 is while playing Black Ops 1 & 2.

One last thing, the game is all about who has a better internet connection. I can't tell you how many heads up fire fights I lose even though I know I saw the guy first and shot first. This rarely happens in the other COD games. If I saw you first and shot you first in those games, you are as good as dead.

The hit detection is horrid too.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Treyarchs hit detection is terrible, saw that in Black Ops. Don't get how WaW was such a great game in their hands. There is so much lag compensation that only way you can get kills is to spray like crazy because I have countless times where my bullets just go through guys i.e. guy isn't moving and I fire 8 pistol rounds, the first five don't hit him yet the final couple do despite my aim being the same for every shot. Treyarch has better conceptuals and the ideas they come up function and work better, where as IW clearly made a game that function better for a shooter, they just played awful due to their concepts not being thought out and runing the game (hellow Commando perk). I think the issue with Cod is also pumping them out once a year; is two years enough time to make a new game that functions well on a network with half a million people on a once, to make sure it all works and the weapons are balanced? If they were to hire a third studio, to give them all three years each to make their title, we could see more beta testing and possibly even enough time for a new engine to be created? I hate that we have to wait four months for a patch that will fix all the problems that should have been fixed before release, so a third of the time we play the game, it technically isn't finished.

Worst part is how people utilize the terrible game making and say they have skill. For instance, they 360 a guy with a quickscope where the gun is fired nowhere close to the target being in the line of fire, but the programming is so confused that bullet gets spread out over a wide area. That's all drag scoping is: fooling the programming so one bullet actually spreads over an area, this accounts for many 'he shot the wall, not me' but the bullet miraculously killed the guy ten feet to the right of where it hit. I played this game of Gun Game where in a panic I turned and shot my crossbow...I watched it in theatre, I missed him so badly yet I stuck him, immediately after I shot my ballistic knife through the win and theatre revealed it went through not one but TWO guys and I lost. Game is shit.

Before this game was released, Treyarch said it was a lot more about who shoots first; clearly this is not the case as I shoot first 70% of the time and it still doesn't work...and I'm seriously amongst the top ten percentile (legitimately) in accuracy in the world for Xbox. But accuracy doesn't matter, not in the slightest. The soldier should make the gun, the gun should never make the soldier: if only Call of Duty was like this these days. When I get my Xbox live back in a few weeks I cannot wait to read to people on Call of Duty...they can't stand exposition muahahaha

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    It feels sooooo good to be addicted to Skyrim again.
    So much love for this comment

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew you'd understand me

How did you like Dragonborn and Dawnguard btw? The former added a good 20 hours to my primary save file. I searched EVERY inch of that place.

Just started Dawnguard yesterday. I love that these vampires have red glowing eyes. Makes them look more menacing.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quite a while back my xbox 360 died and I had been without a decent console for some time. I recently found one on ebay with a messed up dvd drive and bought it for $38 and repaired it. I have since been catching up on some 360 games. Last night I finished up Gears of War 2 and have now started Gears of War 3. I love those games, but never got to finish them because of my old console crapping out. I still need to play through Bioshock 2 as well since I never finished it and GoW: Judgement and Bioshock Infinite are both on the very near horizon.

A good deal of my console time has been taken up by WWE '13 lately, though. I removed all of the WWE stars from the Universe roster and added all of the TNA stars, changed the calendar and edited all of the PPVs to be TNA PPVs and rings.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

D00d I haven't played a wrestling game in so long.

I played the fuck out of Wrestlemania 2000 back in my N64 days.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I don't remember playing the n64 ones much, but my friend talks about how fun they were all the time.

WWE '13 is a lot of fun, especially since you can mess with the universe so much. If you wanted you could make a complete roster of your own wrestlers, make your own rings and have your own PPVs and basically create your own promotion. You can download and use other people's creations as well(which is how I recreated the TNA promotion). The download servers kind of suck, though. I think that is because THQ went bankrupt, but 2k games just bought them out and will be making the next WWE games so the servers are getting a little better.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Oh, something else I forgot to mention in my previous post: Holy shit, I really want the new Tomb Raider game!

Oh, also, if anyone wants to add me on xbox live my tag is polkacore

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I knew you'd understand me

How did you like Dragonborn and Dawnguard btw? The former added a good 20 hours to my primary save file. I searched EVERY inch of that place.

Just started Dawnguard yesterday. I love that these vampires have red glowing eyes. Makes them look more menacing.
    Well, I REALLY need to reign in my inner geek - I restarted AGAIN (I have my original game still on Sam's profile, but this is like the 4th time I've played on mine) so I haven't completed Dawnguard or Dragonborn! I'm much happier with my character though, went for Archer/Thief, way more interesting battlewise. And although Heartfire is fairly pointless and involves lots of boring material collecting, I love Lakeview Manor - it's the fucking shiznit! And your adopted children are SO grateful!!!

One gripe I have - bugs!! My updates are up to date, but I'm getting loads of glitches with quests. Actually two gripes, this time round I decided to kill the Dark Brotherhood and Babette is removed from the equation. So, a ten year old looking girl can be a hundreds of years old vampire who is a bloodthirsty assassin and THAT'S ok, but you can't kill her because it's morally questionable?! Laaaaaaame!

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Oh, something else I forgot to mention in my previous post: Holy shit, I really want the new Tomb Raider game!

Oh, also, if anyone wants to add me on xbox live my tag is polkacore
    Me tooooooooooooooooooooo!!
    Once I start playing something that has online features, I'll get Xbox live and let ya know

Bethesda is notorious fopr never fixing bugs. Both Oblivion has fan made patches that fix a bunch of bugs because people got tired of waiting on Bethesda to fix the bugs themselves. It kind of makes me worry about what the Elder Scrolls MMO is going to be like.

The first character I played through Skyrim with was a Wood Elf Archer/Thief. It was a lot of fun. I was playing on PC and my hard drive crashed about half way through Dawnguard. I recently started over with an Orc who is heavy armor and 2-handers. I am only playing it when I am bored with/tired of other stuff, though since I am replaying through a bunch of stuff I have already done.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's because of the whole Skyrim debacle that became public knowledge, but Bethesda has really stepped up with their bug fixing.

Us PS3'rs got the shaft really hard when we didn't get the DLC's at the same time as every other console because the PS3 version of the game was a buggy cesspool. I started playing the game again a few weeks ago after Dragonborn was finally released and I have to tip my hat to Bethesday. 25 hours since then and not a single game ending bug. There is the occasional hiccup and frame drop, but nothing significant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 231 of 321 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 ... LastLast