1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 229 of 321 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Downloaded the free The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth app for the iphone...biiig mistake, its so addictive! Like Farmville meets Risk

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Most definitely Feev. I got all the other DLC for 3 and Omega looks pretty dam awesome. Of Course Leviathan is one of my favorite from the whole series.
    If you love me then love me..

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit dude, I think I liked the Leviathan ending more than I did the actual ending

I'lll get Omega somewhere down the line ... I hvae Okami, Borderlands 2, and Black Ops 2 to keep me busy for a good while. And $15 is pretty steep for something I'll probably beat in 2-3 hours ...

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

See I was one the weird ones. I didn't mind the ending. I thought the Extended Cut made the endings better. I am satisfied with the trilogy and am happy with it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I loved the actual ending too. The extended cut made it even better. I just like the Leviathan ending more.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Leviathan was pretty damn good. That whole story was creepy and mysterious and great backstory to the whole Reapers

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I. Am. Addicted. To. Borderlands 2.

Me and a friend have been co-op'ng this whole week. We've been playing from about 7 p.m to midnight every day. All I want to do is get home from work and play it. Gahhh this game is fucking amazing!

Anyone on here have it for PS3 and want to team up?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not yet, but now you've really got my interest! I'll keep an eye out for it this week. I think there's a couple of good deals for it atm.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's amazing. If you love open world/loot games in the vein of the Elder Scrolls series, you'll probably love this. I've probably gone through about 200 different weapons. Not exaggerating at all. The combinations are endless.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Fev I have it for the ps3 add me and I can try and play when ever I get a chance. I use to play with my brother in law until his system broke. We beat it once and was working on a second play through. Gamer name is Tatts4Life1

Country
    Country Flag

Dead Space. How in the holy fuck have I not played this before now? This is bloody awesome on so many levels. Everything I have wanted from horror lately.

Country
    Country Flag

Predictable yes. Jump scares yes. (If I have not gone through this before allow me to here. Jump scares are not scary. They are not frightening. They are annoying. Movies like Paranormal Activity are almost completely comprised of jump scares. They make you jump like you would if someone came behind you and screamed. Now jump scares can be scary if used properly. Like once or twice in a movie or game. And not just something jumping at the camera screaming boo. But almost completely comprised of jump scares? Boring and annoying.) But I am finding it creepy. I like the atmosphere of the game. The mindset. I like things like this where you have no idea what the hell is going on, or why. Alien was perfect like that. SO was Event Horizon. I like it when sci fi horror is creepy. It is very hard to scare me anymore and if you can succeed in creeping me out, I can forgive some of the flaws. Dead Space has them, but I am enjoying it despite it's flaws. I genuinely like this game. But, we all have our opinions and I respect yours

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Dead Space. The art direction, the tone, the ominous atmosphere, the almost pitch perfect audio cues and counterpoints. It's amazing.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Are my eyes deceiving me, or has Mass Effect 1 FINALLY been released on the PSN network?

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It has! I might play it somewhere down the line, just not right now because my deck is fully stacked. I heard it's a different beast than it's successors.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Decided to download the first one and buy the others cheap in the shops later - atm, it looks like the box-set trilogy is just a little bit pricey for my blood.

Also: I need to look out for Inversion, if it's half as awesome as this little short makes it out to be.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I warn you. Mass Effect gameplay wise takes some getting used to. Story wise it is amazing, but it does take awhile. But, the sequels are much much better in that department story and gameplay. Stick with it. The sequels become far far more of a personal story for you if you have played the first one

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's what I've heard. That's why I've waited until I could play the first one properly, always like to start from the beginning with these things when possible. Played a little bit of it on PC, but it definitely seems more of a console game. Looking forward to fully playing and hopefully completing it.

And regarding Inversion: damn! Meh, I'll just enjoy Half-Life 2 and watch TomSka's awesome vid again.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cheers, razz! Downloading now!

Probably won't play it for a while, though. Been playing Mass Effect 1 nearly all day. (I say "nearly" because I've had breakfast, helped mum with shopping, and just now did some homework.) Fucking hell, it's addictive stuff! (Then again, it is BioWare.)

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Oh, I loved the actual ending too. The extended cut made it even better. I just like the Leviathan ending more.
    Feve, did you get Omega as well? I was playing pretty actively after Leviathan came out, but recently uninstalled and wasn't going to get Omega.
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    If any of you fellow PC nubs haven't played Metro 2033 yet, THQ is giving it away for free at the moment.

And yes, it's legit - I got it from their official website.

Just head to http://freemetrogame.com, which will redirect you to Metro: Last Light's facebook page. follow the instructions: Like their page, "Click to reveal code", allow their app, copy code, etc.
    Activates on steam too. Takes about 2 minutes, and I highly recommend this game.
    I got it for $5 last year from Greeen Man Gaming... it's definitely worth it. The novel that it's based on isn't bad either... if you can find an English translation of it, it's all over the web for free too. They're making a sequel right now as well.
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Borderlands 2 was fun, but I ran out of steam at about 70 hours, halfway through my second playthrough. Just not worth the effort after you beat the game and have killed Terramorphous 40 times.

As for Dead Space...it's one of the most unimaginative, predictable, boring, and overrated "Horror" games to come out in the last decade. And that's saying something when I would opt for the horribly made PC version of Resident Evil 4 over any game.
    That said, I enjoyed Dead Space 2. It fixed most issues I had with Dead Space. Except the predictable part. It's still predictable. Dead Space 3 will probably be too.

Also, Far Cry 3. GotY material right there. It's right up there with Dishonored and Spec Ops: The Line as my favorites for the year.
    I feel completely the opposite as you... I feel Dead Space was much more original than Dead Space 2. Exploring the desolate and destroyed Ishimura was great. Sure, it was linear, but much less so than the sequel. There were rooms that you could explore for extra weapons or pieces of story without being forced to get there or have it directly affecting your progress. Dead Space 2 was almost completely linear and much more of the same without really innovating. They just took the first game and moved it to a new location.

Also, the scares were even less so because they were exactly the same as Dead Space 1. Remember the first time you heard the necromorphs running around in the vents on the Ishimura? Remember the first time you walked by a ventilation fan and a necromorph jumped out at you? That was pretty good. Doing it over and over and over again in Dead Space 2 isn't scary, it's just annoying and predictable. Also, you know exactly when something is about to happen because of the sound track.

I have to agree about jump scares as well, which is ironic since jump scares truly aren't scary. I think Spoony put it best when he said that a jump scare startles you, but it doesn't scare you. It doesn't get into your head and make you feel something for the characters and their situation, it just startles you and takes you out of the movie. Jump scares are just lazy writing and story telling because they can't think of a legitimate way to actually scare you other than to sneak something in to startle you really fast. If you want a real game that could be actually scary, check out this new game that was just green lit on Steam called, Routine. http://www.routinegame.com/

Additionally, Penumbra and Amnesia are actually really fucking scary games that don't use lame jump scares at all... and not taken over by EA either.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If ya like Easter Eggs in your games then this video is for you...I like a few of them....first one is at marker 2:26, second one is at 3:00, third is at 4:12 and the last one is at 9:55.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Got Asassin's Creed 3 for Christmas. A good 2-3 hours into it. Pretty cool so far ...

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

FEV: I loved AC3 it's a fun game. I like the twist in the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 229 of 321 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 279 ... LastLast