1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 321 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Awesome.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I almost want all of this:

Except for a certain part...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't freakin' wait for Resident Evil 6.

Leon vs Chris ?

fapfapfap

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I bought Witcher 2 last year off gog.com, but haven't had much of a chance to play it. Still need to finish 1. Although I will say that I am very glad I did buy it off gog.com: I don't know what's like on other sites, but it means my current copy is automatically upgraded to the Enhanced Edition. Brill!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's being released for PS3 ...

-____________-

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up Alan Wake and played an hour of it and bought American Nightmare off of Live. 2 extremely good games. I have had a very hard time putting them both down. American Nightmare is turning out to be amazing for and Arcade game
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought The Darkness II.

I'm not crazy about the cel shaded graphics, but I love the brutality. My only complaint is that the darkness powers don't feel as powerful as the first games. These feel much more .. nerfed in comparison.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I love Alan Wake, but have never gotten around to finishing it. I need to make some time for it soon.
    I played the demo of The Darkness II and it was fun, but it didn't move me enough to buy it.

On another note, I thought this was hilarious:
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard that Guildwars 2 came out or is in Beta. Think I'm going to have to check that out. Any takers?
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

It is just a weekend beta coming up, on the 27th, I think. The only way to guarantee that you get into the weekend beta is to pre-purchase the game. I'd totally do it if I had the cash, because it is going to be awesome. However, I am super broke right now.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I considered pre-purchasing just for the Beta opportunity (and would have done it if it just required a $5 pre-order) but I'm saving for a trip at the end of the May so I don't wanna spend any of the extra cash I have right now.

This weekend I'm participating in the Diablo 3 Beta stress test. Or at least trying to. They are having a hell of a time with keeping the servers stable. tsk tsk tsk Blizzard.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I played the first Guild Wars....you only get up to level 20 and then it stops...how the hell are you supposed to take out opponents in the game that are higher than that...one of the missions i did had a boss that was level 30!!!!! Got killed several times and decided I didn't like that mission....lol...I prefer NCSoft's City of Heroes

Does whatever a spiderman does.

The idea of D3 feeling like Torchlight is hilarious, given that the makers of Torchlight didn't just copy the Diablo franchise, they pretty much lifted the whole game concept from the Diablo franchise and gave it cartoony graphics and a different storyline. Saying that D3 feels like Torchlight is pretty much just saying that D3 feels just like a Diablo game, which is exactly how it is supposed to feel.

I was in the D3 beta quite a bit back and really enjoyed it, even though I only got to see the first boss fight, which amounts to around 10 levels. I played those ten levels on every single class, though. Where D3 will shine is in the completed project, when you get to join up with your friends and progress into the much harder missions.

I disagree, actually. Innovation for the sake of innovation in game play is a dangerous and unpleasant thing, in my opinion. That mentality causes stuff like Final Fantasy 13(or anything past X, really). Square got it right with Final Fantasy 7 and tried to make innovations in the gameplay over the years that, starting with 10, caused a spiral of absolute shit games, strictly because of the innovations in game play.

Blizzard got it right with Diablo and didn't really need to change much of anything, aside form updating the UI and working in combo stuff, which they did. With the new one, you can play the same awesome sort of game that people yearn for from the good ole days without it hurting your eyes with the old graphics and low resolutions. You also get a new, robust and interesting story line as well as new classes. They also got it right with Starcraft previously. They changed very little at the core of Star Craft 2 and that game was all kinds of badass. If I have the cash when D3 comes out, I will buy it as soon as I can and consider it $60 well spent.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Same with Pokemon, the 3DS games are crammed with too many pointless new gadgets and features which to me hasn't improved gameplay, rather it's detracted from it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    The point I was trying to make was, there isn't enough new to make it even remotely worth its going price.
    Certainly, when a big title has the same gameplay as a 3-year old $15 title (which in itself has the same gameplay as a 12-year old title) but demands 4x the price, there's seriously something wrong.
    LE GASP...

I will happily pay the $60 for Diablo III at release. Like OchrisO said, Blizzard got things right when they created DII and this game isn't about reinventing the franchise, it's about making subtle improvements to what made it so great in the first place and bringing a new, interesting and exciting story to Diablo fans. I was afraid after seeing what they have managed to do to WoW over the years that they would really screw this up, but after playing a few different toons on Beta this past weekend and making a full party run on the first real boss in Act 1, I'm fairly certain they have succeeded in their goal.

Sidenote: Some hardcore Diablo fans were upset with even the smallest changes they already made...although after playing through Beta myself, I can say that most of these changes were probably for the best and if anything, made things less annoying like getting rid of identify and town portal scrolls...my only serious beef is the auto leveling feature which I feel I will eventually "get over" due to my overall enjoyment of the game. And I don't care what Diablo purists say, thank you Blizzard for taking out the fog of war! /fistpump

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Anyone else been playing the first ep of The Walking Dead game? Really been loving it so far. It seems that TTG have improved after the lack of gameplay given in Back to the Future and the near disaster of Jurassic Park. Not only does TWD look great, really having a comic look without overdoing it, it's not a typical Resident Evil clone, it really takes the story elements of the comics and uses them to full atmospheric effect. For fans of the comics, you should be glad to know that, despite using a brand new character for the gameplay, it firmly takes place in the comic universe, essentially starting a short while before Rick wakes up in the hospital. I especially love how your choices influence the story. There was a really tough moment for me when
    Spoiler:
    I had to make a choice between rescuing one of two people from zombies in a split second.
    I like that it creates emotional investment like that.

Will probably post more later in the week when i complete the first ep.

- Melike

This has me kind of excited: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/04/...rror_genre.php

Anyone who is a fan of the old Resident Evil games when they were still purely survival horror should check it out.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Anyone else been playing the first ep of The Walking Dead game? Really been loving it so far. It seems that TTG have improved after the lack of gameplay given in Back to the Future and the near disaster of Jurassic Park. Not only does TWD look great, really having a comic look without overdoing it, it's not a typical Resident Evil clone, it really takes the story elements of the comics and uses them to full atmospheric effect. For fans of the comics, you should be glad to know that, despite using a brand new character for the gameplay, it firmly takes place in the comic universe, essentially starting a short while before Rick wakes up in the hospital. I especially love how your choices influence the story. There was a really tough moment for me when
    Spoiler:
    I had to make a choice between rescuing one of two people from zombies in a split second.
    I like that it creates emotional investment like that.

Will probably post more later in the week when i complete the first ep.
    I downloaded it last night but I haven't gotten around to playing it. I read on IGN that it's a very solid game though. Did you buy just the first episode or the entire bundle ?

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    This has me kind of excited: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/04/...rror_genre.php

Anyone who is a fan of the old Resident Evil games when they were still purely survival horror should check it out.
    Read that, can't fucking wait. Capcom has said that RE will never go back to survival horror, and now that Silent Hill sucks I'm really looking for another series to fill that void.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Got it for PC direct from TellTale, as they only had the season options. Not that I'm complaining, especially if the first ep was anything to go by. Finished it last night. Overall, very good game so far. Some thought that TellTale were the wrong choice for makers of a zombie game, and if the quality was as dodgy as their recent work, they'd be right, but for a Walking Dead game, they've really hit their stride again. I'm keen to play the first episode a second time with many different choices to see how it'll be different. As a comics fan feev, I'm sure you're gonna love it, as it does match the tone of the comic rather nicely, from what little i've read so far.

The only major problem I had wasn't with the game but with TellTale: after setting a firm release date, their servers pack up, meaning they couldn't get the game to upload direct on their site and people who had bought it off steam were able to play it first. And this wasn't a delay by a couple of hours, but by a couple of days. Understandably, there were more than a few gamers upset at this, not just first time gamers but a lot of TT fans, including myself, as this isn't the first time they've had problems uploading an anticipated game on their own set date. Really, they should've sorted out something better by now. On the plus side, they did give out Steam keys to play it on Steam at least during the wait, but still, really not happy about how they handled it, especially with the little explanation they gave. Hope they really learn to improve things when they release the next ep.

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Seriously?

Honestly, this kind of upset me. Not the new game from Bethesda, I thoroughly enjoy their games, especially Skyrim at the moment, but the part about Resident Evil 6. I read numerous articles about how it was going to be a return to the survival horror genre, which is what everyone wants! Why are they completely departing from it now?

I enjoyed RE 4 and 5, but they were not the games of old. I found myself hording ammo and special weapons only to end up never using them in both 4 and 5 because I was still trying to play it like a true RE game. They've just lost that spark that was so compelling about RE 1 and 2. Now they completely want to make it action oriented? Jump kicking super fast las plagas monsters isn't remotely frightening and it gets very very old.

On another note, I like your avatar and signature. Has ME3 been brought up here yet?
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigSchu22 View Post
    ...the part about Resident Evil 6. I read numerous articles about how it was going to be a return to the survival horror genre, which is what everyone wants! Why are they completely departing from it now?

I enjoyed RE 4 and 5, but they were not the games of old. I found myself hording ammo and special weapons only to end up never using them in both 4 and 5 because I was still trying to play it like a true RE game. They've just lost that spark that was so compelling about RE 1 and 2. Now they completely want to make it action oriented? Jump kicking super fast las plagas monsters isn't remotely frightening and it gets very very old.
    Where did you read/hear about RE going back to survival horror completely? To my knowledge, Capcom has made it clear from the beginning that the franchise will never truly go back to shuffling zombies in corridors.

http://kotaku.com/5900649/in-residen...bies-have-guns

Yeah, Leon's segments will favor dread over overblown gun battles, but even the 'zombies' in his sections will be very aggressive and able to wield weapons.

Capcom has essentially said that it won't go back to RE0/1/2/3 because the $ isn't there.

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks awesome. I've generally been more into the Silent Hill games myself for survival horror though, that could be why that collage reminds me of those games.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Where did you read/hear about RE going back to survival horror completely? To my knowledge, Capcom has made it clear from the beginning that the franchise will never truly go back to shuffling zombies in corridors.

http://kotaku.com/5900649/in-residen...bies-have-guns

Yeah, Leon's segments will favor dread over overblown gun battles, but even the 'zombies' in his sections will be very aggressive and able to wield weapons.

Capcom has essentially said that it won't go back to RE0/1/2/3 because the $ isn't there.
    I read several articles shortly after RE 5 was released. I'm having trouble remembering exactly where, but probably gamespot and IGN to name a few. Several articles mentioned the fans dissatisfaction with the progressively more action oriented focus of the franchise and that a reboot was in the works for 6 with most likely a return to the franchises origins. That could have been early ideas or speculation in the early development, but it seems they went in the opposite direction for the $$ as you said.

I still don't see how there is no money in the survival horror franchise though. RE 1 made the Sony Playstation a success and its sequels were hugely popular and spawned a film franchise. Also, look at the recent successes of all the indie survival horror games that are even more survival horror than RE, such as Penumbra and Amnesia.

More and more games seem to be going the way of the casual console gamer and it does not please me at all.

This new game looks promising though. Also, anyone have any clue when they're going to continue the Discordia game? It seems like chapter two was supposed to come in early 2011, but there haven't been updates in ages.
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSchu22 View Post

Honestly, this kind of upset me. Not the new game from Bethesda, I thoroughly enjoy their games, especially Skyrim at the moment, but the part about Resident Evil 6. I read numerous articles about how it was going to be a return to the survival horror genre, which is what everyone wants! Why are they completely departing from it now?

On another note, I like your avatar and signature. Has ME3 been brought up here yet?
    I think game companies are very often out of touch or don't care what their fan base actually wants. Capcom is notorious for it, as evidenced by this and the fact that they keep cancelling Mega Man games.

My signature is from the weeks before ME3 came out and a bunch of people here changed out sigs to ME themes in anticipation(I have just been to lazy to make a new one), so it has been talked about a bit.

Oddly enough, it wasn't talked about a lot after it came out. I am guessing most of us were a little underwhelmed with the ending. I didn't rage about the ending and complain like mot of the internet seems to have, because I liked the general concept of it. I would just like to have seen more of the rest of my crew in the ending, since, to me anyway, Shepard is actually the least interesting character in the story. I am hoping the free DLC they announced will fix that problem for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 321 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast