1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 218 of 321 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Cheers anyway Xile, it was cool of you to offer
    Anytime my good man. Listen, I wouldn't recommend this to someone for any game but Oblivion and other Bethesda games? Absolutely. You should really consider purchasing it for the PC. I know it sucks having two copies of the same game for different consoles however... We're talking some major changes here other than making the graphics amazing and adding awesome sounds. For example:

There's a specific mod I know of that changes the entire battle system. Instead of simply swinging a sword back and forth (as in Vanilla Oblivion) to kill say another human, you could choose to thrust, block his attack, smash your shield into his face to temporarily stun the dude, kick him to knock him backwards, and then leap in with a monster swipe to literally chop him into two pieces. Each different action having an impact on the next action during a fight in other words. Or... Another example. Instead of sticking to the ground-game being forced with a horse mount (only mount in Oblivion), you could do a small mini-quest to unlock Akatosh the Dragon and take to the skies. Spitting fireballs at those puny foes beneath you. Those are only two options available out of well over one-hundred. Your call brother.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty mental! Oddly enough a mate of mine offered to lend me the PC version at work yesterday - and Morrowind, I'm interested to see what it would be like playing it on a PC.

Oh and btw, I'm a girl

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty mental! Oddly enough a mate of mine offered to lend me the PC version at work yesterday - and Morrowind, I'm interested to see what it would be like playing it on a PC.

Oh and btw, I'm a girl
    I just realized that in Fottergraps. So I burned my hand with the morning cigarette for making that mistake. K?

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Oh and btw, I'm a girl
    I've got something like 200 mods running on Oblivion right now. My favorites or Unique Landscapes which adds and changes the landscape of some pretty big areas in Tamriel. Better cities changes the lay out of cities in the game and makes them look awesome. Frostcrag Reborn is a mod you can't live without if you happen to have the Frostcrag DLC and plan on being a mage. It adds a HUGE quest that takes place in a cavern under the mountain where Frostcrag spire is. When you finish you get a pretty bad ass looking home. I've changed Oblivion so much it doesn't even look like the vanilla game any more. You can even change the level system to give you xp for finding locations or killing enemies like in Fallout. It's so much better then the crappy system they had with the game. I'm playing Skyrim on the 360 right now but as soon as the game of the year comes out I'll buy it for the PC and mod it.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xile View Post
    I just realized that in Fottergraps. So I burned my hand with the morning cigarette for making that mistake. K?
    You didn't have to go that far, I would have accepted a light scalding with hot coffee...

Tatts, you're just making me jealous now!

Country
    Country Flag

LOL sorry I do have a pretty good computer that can handle it though. There are some times I wish I had gone with a laptop though. I play on my 50" HDTV and it sucks when the kids want to watch TV or the wife wants to watch a movie. But nothing beats playing on a 50".

Country
    Country Flag

here is a shot of the sun coming up one morning

I can't find any other screenshots I have online. They might be on my other computer at home.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing beats playing 1080p games on HDTV's. I have a 46" Samsung and I love it, it adds a cinematic element to gaming.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I finally plugged in Skyrim; 4 hours flew by like 15 minutes. Is there a way to become a battlemage, rather than simply playing as either a fighter or a spellcaster?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I finally plugged in Skyrim; 4 hours flew by like 15 minutes. Is there a way to become a battlemage, rather than simply playing as either a fighter or a spellcaster?
    Equip a sword in one hand and a spell in another, use each as you see fit. You basically just put points where you want them and use the abilities you like. There are no classes. If you want to be a guy who uses a sword, a destruction spell and wears heavy armor, then use a sword, a destruction spell and wear heavy armor.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oblivion is making my eyes hurt, I probably shouldn't have started my Xbox experience with something as detailed and seamless as Skyrim - it's spoilt me!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oblivion is making my eyes hurt, I probably shouldn't have started my Xbox experience with something as detailed and seamless as Skyrim - it's spoilt me!
    Fallout 3.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Equip a sword in one hand and a spell in another, use each as you see fit. You basically just put points where you want them and use the abilities you like. There are no classes. If you want to be a guy who uses a sword, a destruction spell and wears heavy armor, then use a sword, a destruction spell and wear heavy armor.
    That's how I'm playing. though it does suck that I can't really block during close combat or arrows.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't count the times I used the block option in Skyrim on one hand.

I'm an all out offense kinda guy

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're all a bunch of Fallout NEWBS for not wanting to play the MMO. Go back to EVERQUEST nerds! By the way I'm sellin a +4 strength +4 stamina leather belt on eBay. lmao.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

As far as I know, hardly anyone that posts in this thread plays MMOs with any regularity aside from me and a couple others. They are mostly console gamers. I reserve interest in the Fallout MMO until I see game footage, because different companies have said they were making it a bunch of times and bailed on it. I love Fallout, all the way back from the originals and Tactics, through the modern ones, but I'm not going to get worked up about it until I see something. It also makes me sad that Betheseda sued Interplay to get the rights to make the MMO back form them.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

That happened? Well that sucks because I was pumped Interplay grabbed the series back from Bethesda. I've been around Fallout since the originals too bud and MAN I miss those days when RPGs were actually good. Tactics sucked though.

And out of all these competitive, hardcore console gamers [fast hand/eye coordination] I'm the CHAMPION at six arcade games here? You guys probably get beat by the little kids in FPS's. Ha! I was even going to send 20 bucks to whoever could beat my Asteroids score, lol.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Fallout 3.

Remember a while back when I posted that video of the girl doing Zelda stuff on Violin? Well, now she and a guy named Peter Hollens did one for Skyrim that is equally amazing:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is AWESOME! Totally makes me want to be a cosplay nerd

Also, speaking of awesome, this guy made a Mega Man fan film with only $700 that makes me really wish I could see what he could do with an actual budget:

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was HARD UP Chris! Where can we go to watch Megaman!?

That's the whole thing, just a short film. I hope he makes more, though.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Recently played both Wing Commander 3 and 4 this weekend. Easiest setting, of course, but my god, is it awesome! Particularly 4: the plot moved so fast and with so many twists, I was dying to know what was gonna turn up next. Already replaying it actually to see if I could get a "perfect" game: make better decisions earlier on that'll affect the plot later. For example, first time I played it: first decision in the game, of helping a guy out or straightening him out, was one I made the wrong choice on. Boy, did that come back to bite me in the arse way later on!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gaaaaah!! I forsake Pokemon for Skyrim and what happens?! Only miss out on two rare wifi downloads that expired on Monday...curse you Skyrim, curse yoooooooou!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 218 of 321 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 ... LastLast