1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 321 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 267 317 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Unless you have already prepurchased it, might I humbly request you wait until April to go out and grab Mass Effect 3?

http://blackmarch.info/
    Spoiler:
    Black March
    Thursday, March 1st 2012 to Saturday, March 31st 2012

With continuing campaigns for Internet-censoring litigation such as SOPA and PIPA, and the closure of sites such as Megaupload under allegations of 'piracy' and 'conspiracy' the time has come to take a stand against music, film and media companies' lobbyists.

The only way is to hit them where it truly hurts.
    Their profit margins.

March 2012 is the end of the first quarter in economic reports worldwide.

Do not buy a single record. Do not download a single song, legally, or illegally. Do not see a single film in the movies or cinemas, or download a copy. Do not buy a DVD online, or in stores. Do not buy a video game. Do not buy a single book or magazine.

Wait 4 weeks to buy them in April: see the film later, etc. Holding out for just 4 weeks, maximum, will leave a gaping hole in media and entertainment companies' profits for the first quarter, an economic hit which will in turn be observed by governments worldwide as stocks and shares blip from a large enough loss of incomes.

This action can give a statement of intent:
    "We will not tolerate the Media Industries' lobbying for legislation which will censor the internet."

While I'm not totally down for this in every shape and form, I do feel EA Games is one of the companies that seriously needs a hard kick in the groin. Unfortunately with ME3's release taking place early in Black March, it is likely they won't feel as much hurt from it, since it's such a popular franchise.

Guess that's a no?
    Okay then.
    I'm ok with hurting EA(though realistically, one month isn't going to do it). They know people are going to buy ME3, so they would just be like "Meh, we will just sit on the mountain of money we already have over here until the other pile we are going to sit over there gets here next month. SWTOR subscription fees from last month will buy all our new private jets."

However, I have no interest in even attempting to hurt Bioware, because those guys are fucking awesome and make me pants wetting happy on a regular basis.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I played it for a few hours last night, it is ...

Also, is it confirmed whether or not the Professor is returning for this installment ?

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2 days till I pick up Mass Effect 3. I am too excited.
    If you love me then love me..

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

PS3 or 360 ?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Or PC. Feev never has any PC love.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Or PC ! I guess I'm just not used to including PC when discussing console games, even though PC's are the most advanced machines for gaming.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

360. I am a 360 man

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry.

No but seriously, make sure you do at least a bit of online multi player when you get it. It ties directly into the single player campaign. You'll see what I mean.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Or PC ! I guess I'm just not used to including PC when discussing console games, even though PC's are the most advanced machines for gaming.
    PC I like to use for the occasional console game, if there's a deal on Steam, but mostly I like to use it for PC only games (like The Old Republic), or adventure games, like Sam & Max or the upcoming Walking Dead games. I especially love Sam & Max, that's easily one of my favourite game series of all time.

It's funny: I love adventure games, I love Doctor Who, so you'd think I'd love Doctor Who: The Adventure Games. They're actually pretty "meh", at best, though, and I rarely find myself racing to download the new one. Still, you get what you paid for, at least, since they were free, after all.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

T-Minus 12 hours until I own the total awesomeness that is Mass Effect 3

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anybody besides me waiting for the Fallout MMO to be released? I've been playing this game since the very first one released by Interplay only God knows when. Loved the first-game so immediately had to purchase Fallout 2 upon its release and then Tactics later on. I liked Fallout 3 but was sad that it was nowhere close to the originals. Those were some classic RPGs right there. However, since I've always been a fan, I'm really looking forward to starting my second MMO when it gets released. I haven't checked up on it for awhile but has anybody heard of the latest date? Think last I checked the plan was for Q3 2012. Psyched Interplay got the contract back from Bethesda too. This should prove to make a much better game as the people who originally developed the idea should have a much better plot-line than the people who simply purchased the name.

My first MMO, Age of Conan was some good shit. Hope Fallout matches the potential AoC had when it first came out. AoC's problem was that the developers didn't listen to the fans until it was way too late. Anyways, I know I'm rambling so the main point of this post was to find out the release date for the Fallout MMO if anyone knows or has read up on it?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Soooooo the Mass Effect 3 ending. Who wants to start?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just about to begin Oblivion...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Just about to begin Oblivion...
    Yesssss! Which race are you playing as ?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Soooooo the Mass Effect 3 ending. Who wants to start?
    According to Reddit and 4chan it's the worst thing to come along since the MPAA.
    Don't hate it, don't love it. My biggest problem is the inconsistencies, and the fact that it is way too vague. I can tolerate ambigous endings, but this is ridiculous.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was feeling a little let down by the way that the latest installment of the Final Fantasy franchise. I liked the way the story progressed but when the end came I was not a happy camper....
    Spoiler:
    how can you have one of the main characters die and then be able to go back and forth still to get all the extra stuff and not have that part of the story....arrrgggg.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Imperial, I liked the stats/bonuses which were good for melee style fighters - good speechcraft too.

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Imperial, I liked the stats/bonuses which were good for melee style fighters - good speechcraft too.
    That's a great game. I modded the ever-living shit out of Oblivion and had a blast. If you need some awesome mods to really liven up the game with sounds, graphics, fighting styles, anything really, I probably have it. Interested in a list of stuff to check out? Also, if you're running it for PC, you need stuff like stutter reducers, etc to smooth out the game-play. If Oblivion rated a 9/10 with no mods. The mods bring it to a 12/10 on "the fun scale".

I started off with the belief that mods were cheating and wanted to vanilla the game through but they're really not. They just make a great game even more great. Let me know if I can help you out bro.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm playing it on the Xbox, that'd be cool although I have no clue how you'd mod the game - I'm a bit of an Xbox newb

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't mod on the XBOX at all.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, that's one thing PCs have over consoles, particularly with Bethesda games - a huge modding community. Consoles have got a lot of advantages, and I'm tempted to get a PS3, particularly as it will give my folks a spare blu ray player in the process, but with a lot of the big rpgs pc gamers do have the mod advantage. I've even heard of one for Fallout 3 that lets you pilot the TARDIS! That'd be frakkin' sweet!

Speaking of pc gaming, i've gotten back to playing the Total War series. God, I love those games. I've been playing Shogun 2 recently, but out of all of them I've played so far, Rome's definitely my favourite. Several years later, and it still looks great and plays great.

- Melike

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Rome like that old 90s game, Caesar? You remember that shit? OMG what a blast.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Rome: Total War's back from 2004, and it's a little bit different to the ol' Caeser games (although those were good). Whereas Caeser, from what I remembered of playing the 3rd game, was trying as hard as possible to manage your own empire, Rome: Total War allows truly epic battles like this:

There's better pics out there of much, much larger scale battles, but you get the idea.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish consoles were technologically capable of incorporating mods, some of them look amazing to toy around with.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers anyway Xile, it was cool of you to offer

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

They used to have a disk out there called a game shark for modding consoles a few years ago...you could use it for all kinds of things in the games for the old ps2 but I think they stopped making them...lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 321 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 267 317 ... LastLast