1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 321 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Oh, does anyone watch Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin? It is a series of video game based comedy shorts. It is the sort of thing that people generally love or hate. I love it. It is a very strange and often absurd sort of humor.

http://www.heyash.com/videos/#theHeader

They can really be watched in any order, but I would suggest starting from the beginning anyway.
    I suppose you could just choose games that you like and watch those.
    never seen that one but like to watch "The Guild" Its pretty funny about a group of people that play an MMO together and meet up and stuff like that...you can find it on youtube or on zune for the X-Box 360.
    I love The Guild. Legend of Neil is awesome too.
    Felecia Day will be voicing the companion Veronica in New Vegas O:

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    Dead Space 2

I want a Plasma Cutter!!Amazon Lets Slip The Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition. Aparently only for XBox and PC, for PS3 the extras are different

Stop making me want to get the sequel to a game I didn't like 3:<

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gaah, how could you not like Dead Space !? I love that game. It's a perfect marriage of horror, sci-fi, and TPS. DS2 is going to be amazing if it ups the ante in certain aspects while still keeping the spirit of the original intact.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Gaah, how could you not like Dead Space !? I love that game. It's a perfect marriage of horror, sci-fi, and TPS. DS2 is going to be amazing if it ups the ante in certain aspects while still keeping the spirit of the original intact.
    It was also extremely repetitive. I played up until Chapter 5 or 6. Then I quit cuz I was bored. Came back two months later finally get around to finishing it.

Started playing through it again in March. Got to Chapter 5. Haven't touched it since.

It stopped being scary after chapter two, when you realized that the build up in dramatic music or sudden silence meant something was going to pop out in front of or behind you, that some necromorph mob would appear from nowhere the moment you pressed the button or entered the empty room, and that something would inevitably fuck up the moment you fix something else.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, I've never placed much stock in the 'repetitive' argument. Every game is repetitive to an extent if you think about it. And the appeal of DS to me was not suddenness of an attack, it was the suffocating paranoia and claustrophobia that you experience simply wandering around the halls of the Ishimura. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Oh, does anyone watch Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin? It is a series of video game based comedy shorts. It is the sort of thing that people generally love or hate. I love it. It is a very strange and often absurd sort of humor.

http://www.heyash.com/videos/#theHeader

They can really be watched in any order, but I would suggest starting from the beginning anyway.
    I suppose you could just choose games that you like and watch those.
    never seen that one but like to watch "The Guild" Its pretty funny about a group of people that play an MMO together and meet up and stuff like that...you can find it on youtube or on zune for the X-Box 360.
    I love The Guild. Legend of Neil is awesome too.
    Felecia Day will be voicing the companion Veronica in New Vegas O:
    Felecia Day is so awesome. I'd totally marry that girl and I don't even believe in marriage.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And on that note ...

5 MORE DAYS TIL NEW VEGAS !

And on that note ...

5 MORE DAYS TIL NEW VEGAS !
    Correction:
    4 days 10 hours 44 minutes 37 seconds until New Vegas.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My mistake.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They seriously make collectors editions for any game now don't they. Argh, I suppose I just don't get the appeal. Oh well, video game companies make a lot more profit on collectors editions so all the power to them.

And don't remind me that I can't get Fallout next week. Am probably going to have to wait until Christmas.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

New Vegas is the first game I'll be getting a Collector's Edition for >.>
    It's also only the second game I've preordered/purchased at release. >.>

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry Mattrick, we'll let you know how awesome it is ...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

New Vegas Collectors edition is one I would get. It comes with a deck of cards and a graphic novel. I much prefer something like this than a toy or figurine which, really, has no practical purpose other than letting dust sit on them.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just had my first go on the new Medal of Honor and im very impressed, enjoying the campaign more that MW2 at the moment!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got a chance to finish the Campaign mode last night and even tho it wasn't that long it was a hell of a lot of fun!

Had a few hours online too and imo it's good but not as good as MW2.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

'Fallout: New Vegas' takes post-apocalypse play to Sin City
    by Glenn Chapman

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) – As luck would have it, Las Vegas was spared from the nuclear bombs responsible for the radioactive wasteland known and loved by fans of "Fallout" videogames.

While the city was not leveled or its inhabitants mutated to degrees seen in earlier titles in the blockbuster franchise, it remains treacherous ground that players will tread with the Tuesday release of "Fallout: New Vegas."

"The first part of the game you are basically shot in the head and buried," Obsidian Entertainment co-founder and chief executive Feargus Urquhart said with a laugh.

"You don't get killed," he added quickly. "You get dug up and wake up with some clues as to who did it... it starts a little like a whodunit."

Videogame publisher Bethesda Softworks turned to Southern California-based Obsidian to craft the fourth installment in the "Fallout" series of role-playing shooter games.

Urquhart worked on the first two titles in the series while at Black Isle Studios and there were "Fallout" veterans on his team at Obsidian. The first title in the franchise was released in 1997.

"New Vegas" players start with a fresh cast of characters in a time set a few years after the end of the story in "Fallout 3," which won game-of-the-year honors after its release in 2008.

"Whenever you are tackling a sequel, taking something people have great memories of, it is a constant battle between the new and the old," Urquhart said.

"We tried to build on the experience that was there but not change how it feels intrinsically to play."

The new title embraces trademark "Fallout" elements such as an atomic-age spin on classic US lifestyles in the 1950s and 1960s.

"It's the future, but with vacuum tubes," Urquhart said of the comic contrasts that have become hallmarks of the game.

"It's the 1950s, but it's not. It's sarcastic in this weird contrast of the smiley, happy line-drawn guy ultimately showing a pretty horrible image."

Urquhart, 40, confessed to being influenced by growing up with 1950s pop culture such as "Leave It To Beaver" and "Father Knows Best" television shows.

Celebrities providing voices for characters in the game include Wayne Newton, an entertainer who is such a legend in Sin City that his website bills him as "Mr. Las Vegas."

"New Vegas" introduces factions fighting for dominance. Player choices regarding friends and enemies influence how the story and action progress, according to Urquhart.

There is a New California Republic group fighting to restore the old government complete with its maddening bureaucracy and a Caesar's Legion out to shape a realm in the spirit of the Roman empire.

"Like all the 'Fallout' games, it is ultimately about water," Urquhart hinted, noting that Hoover Dam is near Las Vegas but not wanting to give too much away.

"When the game resolves it tells you a lot about what impact your actions had on the world."

Like its predecessor developed by Bethesda Game Studios, "New Vegas" should let people so inclined spend scores of hours on quests, missions and other in-game adventures.

"In real life, I can't be the hero or the anti-hero," Urquhart said. "And that is what 'Fallout' gives people."
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Thing View Post
    Finally got a chance to finish the Campaign mode last night and even tho it wasn't that long it was a hell of a lot of fun!

Really??? Please, could you be specific for the restrained buyers?

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thing View Post

Really??? Please, could you be specific for the restrained buyers?
    It just doesn't seem very tactical to me, the maps aren't that great, the weapon customization isn't as varied, the kill streak rewards are no-where near as good.

I think i might trade it in towards Fallout next weekend!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

The worst thing with MOH is that you can't go prone arghhhhh that is so very frustrating!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently plasying DBZ Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed and Burnout Paradise.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In about 9 hours I'll be playing .... New Vegas !

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In about 9 hours I'll be playing .... New Vegas !
    I envy you... I will buy CoD at the release date, along with Fallout 3, and other (undecided yet) game, just to make one shipping. I was thinking it could be MoH, but Tom's points make me change my mind

My Mood
    Gay

How long does it typically take to download and install, razz?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I HATE the time between now and February. There are so many good games coming out

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Dead Rising 2
    Fallout: New Vegas
    DJ Hero 2, Only because it's fun to play.
    Ico, Shadow of the Colossus
    The Last Guardian
    and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of getting it off of Steam only because of the automatic updates

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I HATE the time between now and February. There are so many good games coming out

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Dead Rising 2
    Fallout: New Vegas
    DJ Hero 2, Only because it's fun to play.
    Ico, Shadow of the Colossus
    The Last Guardian
    and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.
    Holy crap!! When did they announce the new ICO !???!?

Oh, and you're forgetting Black Ops!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    How long does it typically take to download and install, razz?
    It takes only 1½ hours or so to Download for me; it's only 6.9GB.

It actually takes a while to install from a disk: Half an hour for me (longer cuz I accidentally canceled). I think I just got a bad startup tho :/
    Oh, wow. That's not long at all. For some reason I thought it would take hours and hours!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 321 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 ... LastLast