1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 321 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I use a mic and I trash talk a lot and use very, very bad language. But for me that's half the fun of xbox live. In a game that is made for people over 18 I have no issue with my vocabulary. I have a problem with 12 year old kids using the same vocabulary, however.
    There's a huge difference between trash talk and racist / homophobic language. Huge difference.

If you're calling someone a "fag", you're a homophobe. If you're calling someone a "n*gger" or a "sp*c", you're a racist, etc. I don't care what context it's in.

That's not trash talk, as far as I'm concerned.

And, 99% of the time - that's the kind of stuff coming out of people's mouths. I don't care how old you are.... and we ALL know that there are people younger than 18 playing online. I mean, really.
    I drop n-bombs and stuff but it's not like I'm directing it at black people or anything. It's just common language in my group of friends, it's more of a term of endearment with us. And the word Fag as totally changed meanings lately (south park even did an episode on it lol) just as the word gay has. I never use the word meaning 'you like having sex with men' but more 'you're a little pussy' which is actually the opposite of the old meaning if you think about it. I myself try to be original on there, as someone who has been thinking of doing amatuer night on stand up, I work out a lot of material on XBLA and some of shticks (like my well receieved, 'I'm part T-rex on my mothers side') get lots of laughs. But I want to insult someone or talk trash, I am so original. I hate people that always say stuff like 'what's that? I can't hear you with a cock in your mouth OHH BUURRNNN' or people that turn what you say around on you; eg. I say 'you're mom loves putting out' and they reply 'what's that? you're mom loves putting out?' Really, so many people just say the same stuff. Makes me cringe when I think about the future of creative writing. SHUDDER.

Turtle, yea, I like my emblems and such as well. But there are people out there who literally do cheap things all the time. No excuse to be cheap. I prefer to earn my emblems by playing the same way, despite what I'm trying to get. May as well boost if you're going to change your gameplay just for an emblem. I got the knife veteren and never use Tac knives or lightweight/marathon to knife...I don't even really sue commando anymore except for the no falling damage I like, it's too cheap.

I'm hoping when the next installment comes out, it's a bit more toned down. The mele range is ridiculous. So sick of some guy being 10 to 15 feet away and freaking teleport knife me and move through all my bullets. At least when I have ninja on, the knifing is a little more fair.

I enjoy the barebones gameplay mode without killstreaks but I would prefer a mode without perks. Keep the kill streaks because I gauarantee most people won't be getting Chopper Gunners or especially nukes without perks or boosting. Most people that get those things are campers or boosters. I wonder what some people would do without lightweight and scavenger or danger close or stopping power... My entire next prestige I'm not using stopping power at all. Eventually I want to only be using hardline and cold blooded and Danger Close for my Frags.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The new map packs for MW2 are all available online in the Playstation Store. There are two map packs so far, and they're 14.99 each. You purchase them online, and then download them ( which can take some time ).
    Thank you so much!! Now if I can just figure out how to turn the console on...
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm kidding... I'm not *that* bad.
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I use a mic and I trash talk a lot and use very, very bad language. But for me that's half the fun of xbox live. In a game that is made for people over 18 I have no issue with my vocabulary. I have a problem with 12 year old kids using the same vocabulary, however.
    There's a huge difference between trash talk and racist / homophobic language. Huge difference.

If you're calling someone a "fag", you're a homophobe. If you're calling someone a "n*gger" or a "sp*c", you're a racist, etc. I don't care what context it's in.

That's not trash talk, as far as I'm concerned.

And, 99% of the time - that's the kind of stuff coming out of people's mouths. I don't care how old you are.... and we ALL know that there are people younger than 18 playing online. I mean, really.
    I drop n-bombs and stuff but it's not like I'm directing it at black people or anything. It's just common language in my group of friends, it's more of a term of endearment with us. And the word Fag as totally changed meanings lately (south park even did an episode on it lol) just as the word gay has. I never use the word meaning 'you like having sex with men' but more 'you're a little pussy' which is actually the opposite of the old meaning if you think about it. I myself try to be original on there, as someone who has been thinking of doing amatuer night on stand up, I work out a lot of material on XBLA and some of shticks (like my well receieved, 'I'm part T-rex on my mothers side') get lots of laughs. But I want to insult someone or talk trash, I am so original. I hate people that always say stuff like 'what's that? I can't hear you with a cock in your mouth OHH BUURRNNN' or people that turn what you say around on you; eg. I say 'you're mom loves putting out' and they reply 'what's that? you're mom loves putting out?' Really, so many people just say the same stuff. Makes me cringe when I think about the future of creative writing. SHUDDER.

Turtle, yea, I like my emblems and such as well. But there are people out there who literally do cheap things all the time. No excuse to be cheap. I prefer to earn my emblems by playing the same way, despite what I'm trying to get. May as well boost if you're going to change your gameplay just for an emblem. I got the knife veteren and never use Tac knives or lightweight/marathon to knife...I don't even really sue commando anymore except for the no falling damage I like, it's too cheap.

I'm hoping when the next installment comes out, it's a bit more toned down. The mele range is ridiculous. So sick of some guy being 10 to 15 feet away and freaking teleport knife me and move through all my bullets. At least when I have ninja on, the knifing is a little more fair.

I enjoy the barebones gameplay mode without killstreaks but I would prefer a mode without perks. Keep the kill streaks because I gauarantee most people won't be getting Chopper Gunners or especially nukes without perks or boosting. Most people that get those things are campers or boosters. I wonder what some people would do without lightweight and scavenger or danger close or stopping power... My entire next prestige I'm not using stopping power at all. Eventually I want to only be using hardline and cold blooded and Danger Close for my Frags.
    Mattrick, dude - If you use that language - you're a racist homophobe. Sorry. No other words for it.

If you think, for one second, that calling someone a "fag" and calling someone "gay" is the same thing - then you're delusional.

And I would just about bet you're a straight, white guy.

Would you stand up in front of someone, one on one, and use that language? You'd get your ass kicked.

And you just said "fag" = "you're a little pussy" and fag=gay. What are you talking about?!?

Are you even reading what you're writing here?!? How can you not be homophobic if that's the kind of thing you're sprouting? How could you not be racist? And you might want to re-think your stand-up comedy if that's your plan ...

Quote Originally Posted by LineofEld View Post
    The new map packs for MW2 are all available online in the Playstation Store. There are two map packs so far, and they're 14.99 each. You purchase them online, and then download them ( which can take some time ).
    Thank you so much!! Now if I can just figure out how to turn the console on...
    You'd be the best Mom ever if you bought the packs for your kid!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LineofEld View Post
    Just for the record, I am video game challenged, but my kid is not. I knew what I was buying him with I bought him all the Call of Duty games and maybe that makes me a bad mom, but whatever-- he's a great kid. My question is: what are these maps you all are talking about? Are they additional, uh, play areas for COD? And how can I get them?
    Yeah thats very cool, not sure how old your kid is but i have let my little brother of 11 play with me when he comes to visit!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh and Pam that offer of joining forces sometime is still there ... maybe we could have some 1 on 1 action too

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Oh and Pam that offer of joining forces sometime is still there ... maybe we could have some 1 on 1 action too
    That's what she said !!

Maybe this week, once I get the new map pack installed !!

Let's see, last time I played with someone here - David sniped me in the head to end the game!! It was awesome !!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, do you use any sniper rifles much? In the last wek i have finally started to sometimes use 1 and i have to say they are very fun especially on highrise if you can get up on top of either building!

My Mood
    Gay

TOM !!! I finally, finally, FINALLY figured out how to get up to the top of the building in highrise !!!

*( okay, i completely had to search you tube to figure it out ... but I finally did )

Of course, I can never make it up there without being killed while on the wall climbing up ... but at least I know how to get up there now !!!

I completely and utterly stink with my sniper rifle. Seriously, it's my worst weapon.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick, considering you are aware of the connotations those words carry I'll thank you in advance for the fact that you're not going to use those words in ANY way here in this forum. If you use them among friends...well, I can't really do anything about that here, but I can absolutely guarantee you don't want to try that shit here. It's ignorant and will not be tolerated. I have no interest in what you mean by it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

TOM !!! I finally, finally, FINALLY figured out how to get up to the top of the building in highrise !!!

*( okay, i completely had to search you tube to figure it out ... but I finally did )

Of course, I can never make it up there without being killed while on the wall climbing up ... but at least I know how to get up there now !!!

I completely and utterly stink with my sniper rifle. Seriously, it's my worst weapon.
    Haha yeah i had to check youtube for it too and there are some other cool secrets for other maps! I just like the idea of being able to pick people off at will with them not knowing its coming and yeah i was terrible at first, you may just need a little practice!

Im quite liking the Ak with a silencer on it for the smaller maps too!

My Mood
    Gay

Hmmmmm.... cool secrets? Other maps .... do tell !

I think I got sniped ten times from someone on the top of the building before I figured out where it was actually coming from. I was like where the hell is he?!?? Even reviewing the kill, it wasn't easy to figure out he was way up there.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well i used this one to good effect the other day when i had 3 mates come over to play they had no idea where i was

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPSTHukw_nU"]YouTube- Modern Warfare 2: Map Recon - Secret Spots on Afghan[/ame]

My Mood
    Gay

Holy crap !!!!!!! That's awesome.

Afghan is one of my least favorite maps! .... but now I think I will have to check that one.

Cool beans!! Thankee, big big !!!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem, there are other ones on different maps and its easier to check out youtube to find them out ... like a really cool sniper spot on kirachi!

My Mood
    Gay

I'll have to check them when I get home, thanks for the heads-up.

Honestly, it never seems to occur to me to look for stuff like that .. until I get killed and have no idea how!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Mattrick, considering you are aware of the connotations those words carry I'll thank you in advance for the fact that you're not going to use those words in ANY way here in this forum. If you use them among friends...well, I can't really do anything about that here, but I can absolutely guarantee you don't want to try that shit here. It's ignorant and will not be tolerated. I have no interest in what you mean by it.
    Don't worry about it. I save my trash talking for Xbox Live. I won't say language will always be dignified but I understand such rules for orderly and respectful conduct on here.

I know about those spots in Afghan and going onto of the roof is pointless in Highrise. A little known secret is up on the roof there is a gas tank, you can see it from about 70% of the outside area of the map. 90% of the time if you shoot that tank when someone is on the roof, they will die. Just a word of advice. I really hate the in the rock glitch on Fuel.

I do hope you realize that by finding 'secret' spots on youtube they are by no means secret and have been seen by hundreds of thousands of players that will look in those spots. They won't do you any good against players like me, who take mental notes of these spots (like boostings spots) and it never works for anyone then. I found a spot in Castle in WaW and never told anyone about it or how to get up there and never saw anyone up there. It was my little secret. I've found a few spots like in MW2, some spots where no one goes or a little alcove that's practically hidden but I never stay in them. If it's a sniper spot I always stay scoped in so they can't see the exact spot and then watch me scope in on the killcams, much more easy to hide that way.

People can find all their secret spots or camp as much as they want, they may even be better than me at the game. But I am always the smarter one. No one ever see's my signature grenade trick coming haha.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Don't worry about it. I save my trash talking for Xbox Live. I won't say language will always be dignified but I understand such rules for orderly and respectful conduct on here.
    Good idea!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

If I get an xbox, it will be my secondary console. I am forever a Sony Fan-Girl.

Looks like another DLC for maps will be out late in July...?

* Carnival: abandoned carnival area with a Ferris wheel, fun house and other attractions.
    * Trailer Park: full of tight corridors.
    * Fuel: based in and around an oil refinery which is ideal for snipers.
    * Vacant (COD4 remake): wide open Russian office complex.
    * Strike (COD4 remake): urban town surrounded by hotels.
    I haven't even touched MW2 since probably mid January. I got burned out because of all the people exploiting all the cheats. I wonder if my friends even play the game any more?

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

LOL I knew how to do that before the game even came out. There was some video that went around showing how to do it.

My Mood
    Gay

Tatts - they've patched a bunch of the cheats, but unfortunately, not all of them. They do seem to keep on top of them, though.

Traveler 10luluff is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default games

hi i love games but i havent got a big genre,ive got final fantasy 1 2 and 3 on the zsnez on my computer,ive also got 7 to 13 [just my luck the ps3 broke 3 weeks into ff13]10 is probably my favorite.ive got all the potter games order of the pheonix being my favorite and i just love zelda.i usually just swap between these,saying that i have just finished proffessor leyton pandoras box that was fun .im not really into shoot em ups.
    Last edited by 10luluff; 07-14-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: didnt spell something propely

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by 10luluff View Post
    hi i love games but i havent got a big genre,ive got final fantasy 1 2 and 3 on the zsnez on my computer,ive also got 7 to 13 [just my luck the ps3 broke 3 weeks into ff13]10 is probably my favorite.ive got all the potter games order of the pheonix being my favorite and i just love zelda.i usually just swap between these,saying that i have just finished proffessor leyton pandoras box that was fun .im not really into shoot em ups.
    Hey, welcome to the site!

There are a lot of platform fans here - all different platforms ... and even one or two who play on a PC !!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

FF13 wasn't spectacular. It was alright but a little overly linear and on-rails. The characters and interesting plot saved it from being a pretty bad game, graphics and awesome battle system aside. The achievements (or trophies for you PS3ers) are incredibly ridiculous to achieve. One is max all characters abilities....I've put 120 hours into my file and still need about another 20 hours to get it done and I figured out how to maximize my XP for my time, getting about 350,000 in about 20-30 mins. One of the achievements is to hold every weapon and accessory in the game. And considering to transform a few of the weapons to get the new ones, you have to buy these things that are like 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 gil and it is very hard to get gil in the game. I think the only way would be to start a new file and not spend ANYTHING. Out of 1000 gamerscore I only have 520 and it's probably all I'll ever get. Another is deal 100,000+ damage on an attack. Don't know how you do that. I've gotten 99,999 about 500 times, but never that. Kill an Adamantoise? Forget it, maybe after spending another 20 hours leveling my guys up.

Hoping the next game takes what worked in this game and opening it up a lot more. I loved the exploration factor to FF12 and the wealth of sidequests.

My Mood
    Gay

Okay. Installed the new MW2 - and started to play in Carnival.

First - super cool map. The detail is amazing!!!

Then... like a noob, I completely got nauseous and had to stop. Had a headache all day yesterday and all the first person stuff just threw my head around.

I hope to get back to the new maps today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 321 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 ... LastLast