1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 321 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

If I get an xbox, it will be my secondary console. I am forever a Sony Fan-Girl.

Looks like another DLC for maps will be out late in July...?

* Carnival: abandoned carnival area with a Ferris wheel, fun house and other attractions.
    * Trailer Park: full of tight corridors.
    * Fuel: based in and around an oil refinery which is ideal for snipers.
    * Vacant (COD4 remake): wide open Russian office complex.
    * Strike (COD4 remake): urban town surrounded by hotels.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    If I get an xbox, it will be my secondary console. I am forever a Sony Fan-Girl.

So I recently purchased Darksiders. It's essentially Legend of Zelda with God of War style combat mechanics. I'm enjoying it immensely so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like another DLC for maps will be out late in July...?

* Carnival: abandoned carnival area with a Ferris wheel, fun house and other attractions.
    Shit...... They will make me spend another 15$!!!
    PS1: I'm on my second Prestige!! And using the FAMAS for the first time, so far, so good
    PS2: I'm accepting codes for the wallet

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Those maps are available for the Xbox Version, if I remember right.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i have those maps and i really like them all, but i think my favourite is the Trailer Park!

My Mood
    Gay

I started the new Map Pack download last night ( YUP - it's available for the PS3 ) and it took forever .... I mean, forever !!!

I actually went to bed and left the stinking thing downloading. I'll have to install when I get home this afternoon. Can't wait to play the new maps !!

I thought the carnival one looked cool ... but am looking forward to exploring and finding new and different camping opportunities!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I started the new Map Pack download last night ( YUP - it's available for the PS3 ) and it took forever .... I mean, forever !!!

I actually went to bed and left the stinking thing downloading. I'll have to install when I get home this afternoon. Can't wait to play the new maps !!

I thought the carnival one looked cool ... but am looking forward to exploring and finding new and different camping opportunities!
    for camping you will like the funhouse in Carnival ... but you have to be careful as there are lots of ways in!

My Mood
    Gay

:sniffle: :sniffle: :aahh-choo: Maybe I feel a cold coming on and will have to take the rest of the day off from work ....

... you know, go home, take some medicine and play MW2 !!

( grrrrrr... if it only weren't audit season here at work, I'm seriously consider it )

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Campers suck. They would be better at the game if they learned to not have so many insurances. Carnival is terrible for camping whether it's on the merry-go-round, the funhouse or on top of the castle. That's okay, I enjoy being the one to end their killstreaks...camping ain't nothing for a guy who can cook frags with my skills.

I'm just about out of games atm...going to pick up Limbo on XBLA in a few weeks and the new Alan Wake episode is out in a couple weeks as well. Mostly I'm waiting for F.E.A.R. 3, Fallout: New Vegas, CoD: Black Ops and Medal of Honour.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Gay

Well, I don't think camper suck - they're just a different kind of player. ( And seriously, in an actual war, I'm fairly certain some folks are left to guard a position and would be called campers )

I will admit, I camp sometimes. I don't mind if people hate it - you know, if you know where I am, come and get me.

I killed the same guy six times in a row in Fallout ( map ) once ... when he finally got me, it was because I was laughing so hard. I mean, he just kept coming. You gotta love the guy, for persistence alone.

Basically, though, when I do "camp" - I don't stay in the exact same position after a kill, because I know you're going to come up after me. I will reposition or fall back.

Also, basically, if you're sniping - you're camping. Like it or not, running around with a sniper rifle and encountering someone - you're a dead dog there.

I just figure, you know - it takes all types kinds of players. Campers, run-and-gunners, snipers, follow-the-leaders, etc.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When it comes to modern warfare, if you use any of the following combinations more than regularily...may god have mercy on your souls.

Marathon/Lightweight/Tac knife/commando pro
    Scavenger/Claymore
    Scavenger/Danger Close/RPG
    Riot Shield/Scavenger/C4

Anyone like this is just awful. Talk about it making it super easy for people to kick ass using one gameplay function. Tac knifers are the worst. They think they are so awesome when all they are telling the world is they can't aim or press more than a button at a time.

I am the king of versatility when it comes to a game like this. Many people choose 4 or 5 weapons (my friend has 5 RPD classes) and only use them. While I have my go to guns (UMP, FAL, SCAR) I can use just about anything and do well. I have the mastery titles for every primary weapon and it's legit; no boosting or any such thing. I've got 1000 headshots with my UMP, 2500 kills with my single M9 (I never akimbo) and over 1,000 kills with about ten different guns. Now that I have all my mastery titles, I'm just now starting to explore the second weapons about, having fun with a Model, RPG and Ranger...why anyone needs to akimbo those two shotguns, ever, is beyond me. I destroy people with them, considering I never use them, and I only use one of them. Same thing with Pistol/Machine Pistols. You can run at me with Akimbo 87's and I will most likely put you down with three well placed shots with my M9. Someone told me it was impossible to aim a G18 from any range over 5 feet...I sure proved him wrong.

I also don't understand these people who hold down the trigger. The longer you hold down the trigger; 1, you lose more ammo and increase the need for a reload before your next fight and 2, you're aim significantly decreases after every round. This is why most people like the UMP, the way it bounces around (like mp40) it can be easy to get people without significant aiming abilities. However, because I take the time to account my ammo and fire in bursts or single shots, I can literally headshots guys that specks on the screen. I line it up, pull the trigger 3 times and usually the first hit is so minimal they don't move and by the time you're done they don't have time to move.

My biggest problem with MW2 is the amount of cheap tactics employed; drop shotting, quick scoping (gay stuff right there), super camping, aimbots/mods. I wonder why people care so much about thier performance in a video game that they have to cheat and waste their time cheating? And who in their right mind would care enough to pay someone to get 10th Prestige?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I don't think camper suck - they're just a different kind of player. ( And seriously, in an actual war, I'm fairly certain some folks are left to guard a position and would be called campers )

I will admit, I camp sometimes. I don't mind if people hate it - you know, if you know where I am, come and get me.

I killed the same guy six times in a row in Fallout ( map ) once ... when he finally got me, it was because I was laughing so hard. I mean, he just kept coming. You gotta love the guy, for persistence alone.

Basically, though, when I do "camp" - I don't stay in the exact same position after a kill, because I know you're going to come up after me. I will reposition or fall back.

Also, basically, if you're sniping - you're camping. Like it or not, running around with a sniper rifle and encountering someone - you're a dead dog there.

I just figure, you know - it takes all types kinds of players. Campers, run-and-gunners, snipers, follow-the-leaders, etc.

I refuse to use claymores. If you want to hole up in a building without claymores, all the power to you. But with scavenger and claymores people will win the game with half their kills going to claymores. It's only way in the game to get a kill without even doing anything. You can leave the room and take a piss and still get credit for a kill, it's bullocks.

And I didn't start sniping until my 5th prestige and I don't camp. I may sit in a room, get a kill or two but then I move on. People that sit in a room, at the tops of stairs with a shotgun and claymores have no skill. End of story for me. If they had skill they would be running around and still winning a FFA match with a score of 30-10 like I do.

My Mood
    Gay

Perhaps you're not taking into account that some people ( me included ) are trying to get all the insignias / emblems / accolades ... therefore, we have to use the melee for a billion times in order to get our new emblem.

Then, I tend to use a weapon until I've got that particular guns awards all the way through.

So, I will be running around with the same weapon, doing kind of sucky, until I get my points and all my kills and then I won't touch it again. There are a bunch of weapons that I just hate - I'm not sure what it is about them, but I suck at using them... BUT - I still want my points and my emblems and my accolades, so I use them - get killed a billion times and then just move on.

I will sit at the top of the stairs ... I mean, sure come on up. Bang, you're dead. Do it again, likely you're dead again. It's all part of the game.

So, yeah - use me for target practice... I don't mind. I mean, I'm having fun - I'm playing the way I want to and I'm as good as I wanna be.

Plus - and David can attest to this - I don't mind being killed by a good shot.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm just old school when it comes to this stuff, meat and potatoes. Give me a rifle (the lack of snipers with iron sights makes me sad), a pistol and a grenade it's all I need. I stand up and fight with people. If they kill me they kill me. I just find most campers will go into a room and get a five or ten kill streak then they die...they they run around helplelss until they can camp again. I've seen a lot of campers who have no survival skills outside of an enclosed room.

I just thinking that if you avoid tactics like camping stairs with a shotgun or using claymores you will actually get better at the game. Improved reaction time, ability to hear people coming and be aware of your surroundings and stuff like that. I can do what campers do without claymores if I felt like it, which I have done before. I will camp in a spot or staircase if only to take away actual campers control over a spot.

I don't hate campers as I'm very good at killing them, whether it's with grenades or a long distance UMP kills or using a stun grenade to easily get by a claymore. I just hate when they talk so much trash and it's like 'dude, you're sitting a corner with claymores and an AA-12 waiting for people to walk by...' People accuse me of camping but I am just very sneaky. If I hear you I will set a trap for you, whether it's cooking a grenade or ducking below something and waiting to pop and out kill someone or taking cover behind a corner to the right second but this is how war is.

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, you know - you bring up a good point about hearing people ... and don't freak here, my friends - but you know - 99.99% of the time - I mute everyone in the match and I don't use a mic. Between the racist and homophobic comments, it's just not worth the rise in my blood pressure to hear all that crap.

Also, after a while - I have been known to put the volume completely down and turn on Pearl Jam and play that way ... of course, that means I can't hear shite for the game, including people coming up behind me!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually use Ninja Pro for the stealth aspects as well as it being better to hear people.

I do play music through my xbox sometimes when I play, low just for the background however, playing FFA in MW2 with Duel of the Fates cranked is pretty awesome.

I use a mic and I trash talk a lot and use very, very bad language. But for me that's half the fun of xbox live. In a game that is made for people over 18 I have no issue with my vocabulary. I have a problem with 12 year old kids using the same vocabulary, however.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I use a mic and I trash talk a lot and use very, very bad language. But for me that's half the fun of xbox live. In a game that is made for people over 18 I have no issue with my vocabulary. I have a problem with 12 year old kids using the same vocabulary, however.
    There's a huge difference between trash talk and racist / homophobic language. Huge difference.

If you're calling someone a "fag", you're a homophobe. If you're calling someone a "n*gger" or a "sp*c", you're a racist, etc. I don't care what context it's in.

That's not trash talk, as far as I'm concerned.

And, 99% of the time - that's the kind of stuff coming out of people's mouths. I don't care how old you are.... and we ALL know that there are people younger than 18 playing online. I mean, really.

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's why my 10-year-old has to mute all his matches in Modern Warfare 2. But he still kicks butt.
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by LineofEld View Post
    That's why my 10-year-old has to mute all his matches in Modern Warfare 2. But he still kicks butt.
    I'm with him. I let my play talk for me.

And there's nothing I enjoy more than hunting down someone who's been spouting homophobic and racist stuff.

Losers, all. That's what I spend the time thinking - what kind of loser talks like that?!??! ( and yeah, I figure it's a cover for them being kind of sucky players - they have to get someone pissed off in order to get a kill )

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I camp when i need to and i run/gun when i need to ... simples its whatever it takes to win the game for me!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you do well in the game whatever tactics you use are obviously good ones.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Tom - Do you play for points only, or for getting all the emblems/trophies/insignias?

I am inherently drawn to getting new emblems and accolades and stuff.

50 melee kills, new emblem. 150 headshots, new emblem. Call in 50 UAFs, new emblem! 100 Harrier kills, new emblem!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom - Do you play for points only, or for getting all the emblems/trophies/insignias?

50 melee kills, new emblem. 150 headshots, new emblem. Call in 50 UAFs, new emblem! 100 Harrier kills, new emblem!
    Errrr well i guess i play to just win the games and get as many kills as possible, i do like to get all the different titles and emblems but im not going to go through every weapon to get new ones.

I saw in one of your earlier posts that you struggle with some weapons which is the same for me, if i struggle i don't see the point in me using them

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just for the record, I am video game challenged, but my kid is not. I knew what I was buying him with I bought him all the Call of Duty games and maybe that makes me a bad mom, but whatever-- he's a great kid. My question is: what are these maps you all are talking about? Are they additional, uh, play areas for COD? And how can I get them?
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post

Errrr well i guess i play to just win the games and get as many kills as possible, i do like to get all the different titles and emblems but im not going to go through every weapon to get new ones.

I saw in one of your earlier posts that you struggle with some weapons which is the same for me, if i struggle i don't see the point in me using them
    Oh, I am all about new trophies and emblems and stuff. I love that crap. Which explains why I have probably the worse KDR of anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by LineofEld View Post
    Just for the record, I am video game challenged, but my kid is not. I knew what I was buying him with I bought him all the Call of Duty games and maybe that makes me a bad mom, but whatever-- he's a great kid. My question is: what are these maps you all are talking about? Are they additional, uh, play areas for COD? And how can I get them?
    That makes you a great Mom!!!

The new maps are additional maps - areas of play - available for Modern Warfare 2.

The new map packs for MW2 are all available online in the Playstation Store. There are two map packs so far, and they're 14.99 each. You purchase them online, and then download them ( which can take some time ).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 321 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast