1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 321 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

really not that hard. Much more difficult to go from precise movement on a keyboard/mouse to that sloppy gimmick that is a game controller.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    really not that hard. Much more difficult to go from precise movement on a keyboard/mouse to that sloppy gimmick that is a game controller.
    interesting. I wish I could find a demo of a good racing game on steam to try it out. I went looking for burnout paradise which I LOVE on the 360. But they didn't have one and I didn't want to spend about $10 just to find out I didn't like it.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sam (my son) got a voucher for a new game (XBox360) which I was hoping he'd use to get Red Dead Redemption, but he chose Split Second Velocity

Had anyone played RDR, wanted to hear some opinions before I forked out £40 for it.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

From what I've heard, Everyone thinks it'll win several Game of the Year awards.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Sam (my son) got a voucher for a new game (XBox360) which I was hoping he'd use to get Red Dead Redemption, but he chose Split Second Velocity

Had anyone played RDR, wanted to hear some opinions before I forked out £40 for it.
    Lisa - gameplay wise, RDR is a fantastic game. Well polished, beautiful, and highly addictive. However - be aware that there is often strong language, gory cutscenes (throats being slit, foreheads being turned into canoes etc.) and one very explicit sex scene that I'm surprised hasn't been turned into a mediatic circus yet. The game itself is very much worth the money, but just think that it might not be appropriate depending on how old your son is. To use an anology - if it was a movie, it would definitely be Rated "R". Hope this helps

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome - and I only wanted him to buy it so I could steal it So, that's cool. He wasn't as impressed with the concept as me - I said "But...but!! It's like GTA with cowboys!!!!!" and Sam replied, "Yeah, I'd rather play GTA."

How much do you pay for an XBox game over there, I know we're really expensive for video games here.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I said "But...but!! It's like GTA with cowboys!!!!!"
    If you go into the game expecting a GTA-wild west mashup, you're going to be severely disappointed. The games have entirely different feels and objectives. The only things that it has in common with GTA is the open-world sandbox and the ability to rack up a bounty (which works like the star rating system).
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Well a port of ME is theoretically possible, hence the strong rumors recently. BioWare isn't owned by Microsoft, so a port is possible. Bungie however, is owned by Microsoft which makes a Halo port next to impossible.
    BioWare isn't going to port ME onto the PlayStation platform; I can almost guarantee that. Unless they go the way of 2K/BioShock, I can't imagine it would happen.

If a was an Xbox owner, I'd be severely pissed off at Microsoft right now. No new exclusives , just another iteration of the same franchises -Halo, Gears , Fable. Instead of wasting their time with the Kinect gimmick (you too Sony), they should invest more time into establishing third party support so that they're able to provide better games outside of those franchises listed above. The general consensus amongst the gaming world is that the Microsoft conference was nothing short of atrocious.

While Sony is also falling into the casual gamer trap, they provided a healthy amount of exclusives , while also previewing many more that are in the pipeline that unfortunately were not able to be shown in their BETA stage at E3. It looks like it will be another excellent year to be a PS3 owner.
    This is the era of the sequels, it seems, for all systems. Sequels sell.
    I don't like Fable, but that doesn't make it a bad franchise. I have been in love with the Gears universe for a few weeks (not a horribly long time, but still . . .) and the Halo universe for years, so the sequels are amazingly exciting for me. I don't care if they weren't showcasing third party developed games; I love the exclusive franchise sequels they showed.

I was unaware there was a good year to be a PS3 owner to begin with

The problem with the PS3 is that most of the really good third party developed games are indie games (downloadable from the PSN) or only offer single-player experiences. Of course, that makes sense since PlayStation has always been about single-player experiences, but it's possible to make a good campaign with a riveting multiplayer. That's why I think Microsoft's conference was better than Sony's: Gears and Halo have great campaigns as well as multiplayer experiences, Sony's conference was about casual gaming and isolated campaign play.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    BioWare isn't going to port ME onto the PlayStation platform; I can almost guarantee that. Unless they go the way of 2K/BioShock, I can't imagine it would happen.
    I don't think me or you can guarantee anything. 2 years ago I would have guaranteed that the Metal Gear Solid , Final Fantasy franchises would never touch the Xbox, or that Insomniac would always remain exclusive to Sony... and uh, look what happened

This is the era of the sequels, it seems, for all systems. Sequels sell.
    I don't like Fable, but that doesn't make it a bad franchise. I have been in love with the Gears universe for a few weeks (not a horribly long time, but still . . .) and the Halo universe for years, so the sequels are amazingly exciting for me. I don't care if they weren't showcasing third party developed games; I love the exclusive franchise sequels they showed.
    Oh, I understand the machinations of sequelitis and the enormous amounts of cash it rakes in, but don't you want to see new IPs ? Wouldn't you see something fresh and innovative instead of playing Halo 3000 ? Look at what the Uncharted and Little Big Planet series and Heavy Rain did , fresh new IP's that have garnered massive amounts of criticism. Just a matter of perspective I suppose.

I was unaware there was a good year to be a PS3 owner to begin with
    You can come out from under that rock then

The problem with the PS3 is that most of the really good third party developed games are indie games (downloadable from the PSN) or only offer single-player experiences. Of course, that makes sense since PlayStation has always been about single-player experiences, but it's possible to make a good campaign with a riveting multiplayer. That's why I think Microsoft's conference was better than Sony's: Gears and Halo have great campaigns as well as multiplayer experiences, Sony's conference was about casual gaming and isolated campaign play.
    I guess it goes back to what I said, a matter of perspective. I vastly prefer the intimacy and grandeur of SP experiences over online multiplayer, and I talk to a lot of Xboxers online that are tired of countless iterations and feel the same way. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I have to admit, I didn't like RDR nearly as much as GTA. I got bored with RDR very quickly.

That said, as Feev has pointed out, those kinds of games aren't my favorites anyway.

How old is Sam, Darkers? I would think that might have something to do whether or not he enjoys himself.

That said - It's gotten nothing but AWESOME reviews from the gaming mags. It just wasn't for me, I think.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Final Fantasy XIII last night, what an amazing game.

Now ... onto Oblivion !

Country
    Country Flag

Now ... onto Oblivion !
    Just starting the game or are you finishing a play through? also what system?

EDIT: ALSO I can't wait to play Portal 2 that game looks like it's gonna be so fun.

My Mood
    Gay

Hey ... just wondering if any of you xbox360 players have tried Alan Wake yet?

Any thoughts? I mean, how bad can it be when they quote Stephen King in the opening?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Final Fantasy XIII last night, what an amazing game.

Now ... onto Oblivion !
    Very cool!

I kinda put FF down and haven't gotten around to picking it back up yet.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I just started yesterday, on the PS3 - Game of the Year edition. I'm playing as a Dark Elf, their defining characteristics seem to compliment my playing style nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I kinda put FF down and haven't gotten around to picking it back up yet.
    Where did you leave off ? The game doesn't truly pick up until about the 15 hour mark, where you're able to form your own party.

Country
    Country Flag

I just started yesterday, on the PS3 - Game of the Year edition. I'm playing as a Dark Elf, their defining characteristics seem to compliment my playing style nicely.
    Sucks that the PS3 version doesn't have all the DLC.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean the expansions ? Because that's what the Game of the Year edition is, it includes the Shivering Isle and Knights of the Nine DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Any thoughts? I mean, how bad can it be when they quote Stephen King in the opening?
    Well since
    1. It's a 360 exclusive
    2. Nobody can do King right, so associating visual entertainment with him is bad idea,

I have low expectations.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Well since
    1. It's a 360 exclusive
    2. Nobody can do King right, so associating visual entertainment with him is bad idea,

I have low expectations.
    Yeah, I know it's an exclusive ( bahstids!! ) but it looks pretty okay. It got a good review in GameInformer. It's not a King title and he's not involved, it just starts with a quote from Sai King.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GOTY edition is great for oblivion. just don't get turned into a vampire and have the intention of going back human. there is a glitch
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    GOTY edition is great for oblivion. just don't get turned into a vampire and have the intention of going back human. there is a glitch
    I've heard of that. What is that exactly ?

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Alan Wake is on my to-get list. The Bright Falls webisodes are totally awesome, very Lynchian.
    In Digitized Remorse

Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean the expansions ? Because that's what the Game of the Year edition is, it includes the Shivering Isle and Knights of the Nine DLC.
    yeah GOTY has those but I don't think it includes Frostcrag spire or Battlehorn castle which I liked. BUT you can't really do much with those places other then use them as a base to hold your armor and magic equipment. Having them on the PC so is SO much better since you can get mods that change the look of Frostcrage spire completely and add manequins to battle horn to display your armor.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    I've heard of that. What is that exactly ?
    I haven't heard of it either.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Lets SMACK IT!

A little lag? Watch Kinect Lag It Up On Jimmy Fallon. And if you saw the Nintendo conference in E3, the Zelda presentation was even worse

A little expensive? Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360

+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 321 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 ... LastLast