1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 321 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Honestly, I don't know how these guys with 10-15 Platinums do it. Just getting this one Platinum is eating up a lot of my time, these guys must not sleep or eat.
    My one for Arkham Asylum took me about a solid week of evenings doing those damnable combat challenge rooms. Don't get me wrong; I love the combat system. But when you have to fight 40 dudes with no missed hits and no damage taken, that gets frustrating after a while. Especially close calls.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey, with the PS3slim ... how many connector ports are there in the front? 2 or 4?
    I think it has four. I'll have to check when I get home though.
    I was wrong Pam. The slim I have only has two...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey, with the PS3slim ... how many connector ports are there in the front? 2 or 4?
    I think it has four. I'll have to check when I get home though.
    I was wrong Pam. The slim I have only has two...
    Ah. Thanks for checking. I was thinking of getting a slim, but since I play Rock Band ( a lot ) ... I need four front connectors for all my instruments!

Yeah, I know there are pass-thrus, but I prefer single access... it just makes things easier!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I HATE BORDERLANDS! I forget which shield it was I had been using for a while but it had health regeneration which was great. Well I end up finding a bigger shield and a bunch of other stuff that i could sell for money. Well as I'm going through getting rid of stuff I didn't need I ended up getting rid of the health regeneration shield. What sucks is i had been playing and didn't realize it until I noticed that I was dying a lot quicker then before. Well now I've spent the last 30+ minutes trying to find where it was I sold it so i could buy it back and it's pissing me off.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Honestly, I don't know how these guys with 10-15 Platinums do it. Just getting this one Platinum is eating up a lot of my time, these guys must not sleep or eat.
    My one for Arkham Asylum took me about a solid week of evenings doing those damnable combat challenge rooms. Don't get me wrong; I love the combat system. But when you have to fight 40 dudes with no missed hits and no damage taken, that gets frustrating after a while. Especially close calls.
    Yeah, when you first told me you had Platinumed B:AA I took a look at the trophy list and I saw that 40-hit combo trophy and I thought to myself "Ouch, that must have been painful".

Don't you hate when you get used to a control scheme for one game, then you play a different game and it really affects you ? Example : I'm going on a replay frenzy, and I was playing Resistance 2 which uses the R2 button for primary fire. I then started replaying Metal Gear Solid 4, which uses R1 to fire, and R2 is secondary ammunition. The secondary ammo for my custom M4 is a grenade launcher, so I would press it when I had enemies right in front of me and I'd blow both of us away

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Clocked up over 10,000 steps on my pokemon pedometer at work last night

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, when you first told me you had Platinumed B:AA I took a look at the trophy list and I saw that 40-hit combo trophy and I thought to myself "Ouch, that must have been painful".

Don't you hate when you get used to a control scheme for one game, then you play a different game and it really affects you ? Example : I'm going on a replay frenzy, and I was playing Resistance 2 which uses the R2 button for primary fire. I then started replaying Metal Gear Solid 4, which uses R1 to fire, and R2 is secondary ammunition. The secondary ammo for my custom M4 is a grenade launcher, so I would press it when I had enemies right in front of me and I'd blow both of us away
    Heh, yeah... the 40x combo was actually pretty easy once I finished the first few challenges. It only got more difficult from there, though...

And yeah, I get thrown off a lot, especially these days where I have game ADD, and switch from game to game pretty much weekly. Keeps me from getting too spend-happy on new releases, but it takes me a while to readjust.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

The worst bit for me control-wise is switching up FPS games...like, Halo and Modern Warfare...I like to mix it up so I don't get bored of one, and it takes me like 4 games to get used to the controls once I've switched. I have the most trouble remembering which button zooms for which game. That, and melees. >_<

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh... FU%&ING Challenge rooms!!! I'm still missing the last two combat challenges to get Platinum, only get 2 bats in those....

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Now playing Resident Evil 5. It is pretty good so far. Pretty damn hard too.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    The worst bit for me control-wise is switching up FPS games...like, Halo and Modern Warfare...I like to mix it up so I don't get bored of one, and it takes me like 4 games to get used to the controls once I've switched. I have the most trouble remembering which button zooms for which game. That, and melees. >_<
    OMG! I thought this only happened to me.

I'll be playing something and then ... gee, why didn't that throw my frag?!? Oh...... wrong darn game!!!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

GOT MY FIRST PLATINUM !

My Mood
    Gay

GOT MY FIRST PLATINUM !

Whoowhooo !! Congrats, Feev - that's awesome!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    Ahh... FU%&ING Challenge rooms!!! I'm still missing the last two combat challenges to get Platinum, only get 2 bats in those....
    For me, the key was variation. If you can counter, punch, punch, throw, punch/counter, punch, punch, instant takedown, punch, evade, punch, stun, punch, quick-batarang, punch, evade, quick grapple, then do a ground takedown, you have the max variation bonus, which will get you a bunch more points.

It's tough, and took me forever.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me, the key was variation. If you can counter, punch, punch, throw, punch/counter, punch, punch, instant takedown, punch, evade, punch, stun, punch, quick-batarang, punch, evade, quick grapple, then do a ground takedown, you have the max variation bonus, which will get you a bunch more points.

It's tough, and took me forever.
    To make a high score you have to do this at least one time in every round... For me, i found better: quick grapple, quick-batarang, stun, evade and throw a lot of punch, three things, after the second move, if you "quick grapple" a guy with a taser you need to evade him instead of stun, an often a guy comes to hit you after the quick-batarang, so you counter him, and for last, i found better to do the throw away from all the the enemies and get the ground takedown with the same guy (you begin the move after he hit the ground).

I only missing one batarang in a Challenge mision to get my fourth Platinum!

Edit: Last night i got the last Platinum!!!
    Last edited by Dagavidiab; 03-30-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Platinum!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Daga !

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here use Gamefly ?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've considered it but I figured it would be a long wait for any of the newest releases.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read that as long as you have the new release at the very top of your queue for at least a week you'll get it right away. I'm looking into it because buying new games shortly after they release is becoming a luxury now :/

Country
    Country Flag

For those of us living in the US, we know about the disappointment of trading games in to Gamestop for sometimes as little as ten percent of what you originally paid for them.

On Reddit, I've found a solution - this is still a work in progress, and successful trades are yet to be fully completed (due to shipping times) but we're optimistic about our premise.

Essentially, if you want a game, you can make a post on the right ("Submit a Link"), click the Text tab, then write in the title your country, what games you're looking for, and what you'd be willing to trade.

It sounds complicated, but it's really quite easy. Also, signing up for a Reddit account takes about thirty seconds.

Anyway, here's the link:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gameswap

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, so tell me this ... after what Level is prestige on MW2?

I think I'm at level 57 and it says 81% complete when I first start up the game.

Anyone recall off the top of their heads how many levels there are before you can "press the magic button" and Prestige?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think its level 72

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY a stand alone version of the 250 gb hard drive for the xbox 360 is out. I need it too.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Tatts, did you complete GoW 3 already ? I'm stuck on the floating-cubes section, and those minotaurs are really starting to piss me off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 321 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast