• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 321 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

^ That's when you know you truly love a game, if you Platinum it and still keep going.

I platinumed Bioshock Infinite twice - once on PS3 and once in PS4. Then, I played it again just to experience the story. Can't get enough of it. Heck I'm thinking of giving it another playthrough now that I'm mentioning it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The first Bioshock is still the best one.

I almost created another account on my 360 so I could get all the achievements in Fallout 3 again, minus the all three karma related ones.

I'm at the point in Final Fantasy X where I just have to grind to fill up the Sphere Grid and fight all the Monster Arena monsters. I kind of hate that the bulk of the side quest content is seemingly endless battling. The FF13 series too has quite a lot of that too, but I actually enjoy that battle system, and it was much faster. There's a lot of elements of the FFX battlesystem that make grinding a pain in the ass. I wish you could manually sort your abilities, so you put your most used at the top. When grinding, stuff like Quick Hit and Hastega is so crucial, yet down at the bottom, so I have to scroll down all the time. Would also be nice to put the most used skill sections for each character at the top. I hate having to scroll down five options for my White Mage to use White Magic. It's also a pain in the ass that you have to have every character take an action for them to get XP, which you really need to do when grinding throughout the main story. But once you get Double/Triple AP weapons, those bonuses only activate if you're in the 3 man party at the end, so you have to grind several different parties, but some great grinding monsters are best with certain characters, making it take longer to level characters up because the battles are longer.

I'll have to write a piece about revisting FFX and what I overall think for Counter Culture Shock. I definitely still prefer all the FF13 games.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the FF13 games ok enough but the story got so convoluted and silly I stopped caring midway though FF13.3. Never finished it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The first Bioshock game is certainly my favorite. I still remember playing that game for the first time and being blown away by the atmosphere and vibe. I still haven't played a game since with quite that kind of unique atmosphere.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bioshock 1 had better atmosphere but the Bioshock Infinite had a much better narrative.

I love them both though, in a 1a - 1b type way. Just a have preference for Infinite's heavier lean into science fiction.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So I just found out yesterday that there is a 2-disc set out for the PS4 that has every single Kingdom Hearts game that has been released thus far. It's called Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far. It contains 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8. Although some of them aren't actual games, just all of the cinematic cut scenes.

I played the original KH1 and KH2 on the PlayStation when they came up but I never really kept up with all the different games that only game out for the handheld devices, so I've completely lost track of the story-line over the years.

I think I might have 1.5 for the PS3 but it would be nice to have them all together for the newest system.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little bit worried about Kingdom Hearts 3 tbh. I hope it doesn't fall victim to the 'you should have released this years ago when demand was at an all time high' - disease like FFXV and The Last Guardian. I've noticed a disturbing trend where those types of games fail meet critical and commercial success.

Also, I read somewhere that they were going to incorporate all of the spin offs and tie ins into the main story which frustrates me a little. The story was already messy as is, I don't want to be scratching my head at the story every 5 minutes because of some crucial plot point I missed not having played some spin off on Gameboy Color in 2008.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unrelated RDR2 remark: apparently there’s a dude out there whose name is actually Colm O’Driscoll and he spends all his time on the internet having to tell people he’s of no relation to the character but that hasn’t stopped the ehate

Cracked me up

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I never ended up finishing the original Kingdom Hearts since someone stole my disc, but so I never played the sequel. And there with all the spinoffs on the handhelds I just kind of gave up on ever trying to return to the series.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm a little bit worried about Kingdom Hearts 3 tbh. I hope it doesn't fall victim to the 'you should have released this years ago when demand was at an all time high' - disease like FFXV and The Last Guardian. I've noticed a disturbing trend where those types of games fail meet critical and commercial success.

Also, I read somewhere that they were going to incorporate all of the spin offs and tie ins into the main story which frustrates me a little. The story was already messy as is, I don't want to be scratching my head at the story every 5 minutes because of some crucial plot point I missed not having played some spin off on Gameboy Color in 2008.
    I hope you're wrong about that. I feel like KH is one of those franchises that has such a rabid fan base that it can withstand something like that.

I loved KH 1&2 on the PS2. I haven't played any of the other ones on the handheld devices, although I think I own 1 or 2 of them on the 3DS and the PSP.

Honestly, the story is secondary for me when it comes to the KH games. I much prefer the gameplay and settings more than anything else. I will say that I have such a backlog right now, that I have stopped anticipating it as much as I used to.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally finished FFX, though I still have a couple of the optional bosses to beat, Nemesis, Omega Weapon, and Penance, along with a few of the Dark Aeons. It was a pain the goddamn arse and took almost an entire rewatch of house of cards, but I maxed out the sphere grid. I hate played the hell out of X though...not sure if I'll ever even beat those optional bosses that are left...maybe one day...

I've moved onto FFX-2, and I'm only a couple hours in, and I'm already enjoying this game more. The battles are already faster...though I hope the dressphere animations when you change in battle have a quick animation after a few uses! I'm hoping the whole monster capture thing isn't something as tedious as the sphere grid and the monster arena in X. I guess you can basically play this game in any order you choose. The map design itself is a major step up. The character animations are much better. I just hope the music is better. I know a lot of people like the music for X, but it's by far the worst of the series for me. There are only a handful of pieces in the game I actually like, compared the 8/9/12/13 Trilogy, which I often listen to in their entirety.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lore!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that the dude from AC1

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's actually Darius, he was first mentioned in AC2: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darius

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mae. Knowing you're a big fan of Life is Strange; there is a comic based on the game if you're into that sort of thing.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Mae. Knowing you're a big fan of Life is Strange; there is a comic based on the game if you're into that sort of thing.
    Thanks for reminding me. I am and I remember hearing about it. Now I'll have to find it!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Thanks for reminding me. I am and I remember hearing about it. Now I'll have to find it!
    Most welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

And as a huge LIS fan, it's kinda tough waiting for LIS2 episodes, because I want to play the complete game, I don't enjoy this episodic format too much. Played all of LIS: Before the Storm in one sitting almost and that was such a great (sad and tearful) experience.

Country
    Country Flag

And as a huge LIS fan, it's kinda tough waiting for LIS2 episodes, because I want to play the complete game, I don't enjoy this episodic format too much. Played all of LIS: Before the Storm in one sitting almost and that was such a great (sad and tearful) experience.
    I generally do the same but have yet to play Before the Storm.

Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't as good as the original, but in some ways it was better. It's weird. If you enjoyed LIS (even though enjoy is probably not the right word, since I cried ugly for an extended period at the end and was seriously depressed for over a week... so yeah), then I think BTS is a must. Chloe's character gets developed so much more and the relationship with Amber is so touching and ends on such a bittersweet note, with knowledge of what's to come.

Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't as good as the original, but in some ways it was better. It's weird. If you enjoyed LIS (even though enjoy is probably not the right word, since I cried ugly for an extended period at the end and was seriously depressed for over a week... so yeah), then I think BTS is a must. Chloe's character gets developed so much more and the relationship with Amber is so touching and ends on such a bittersweet note, with knowledge of what's to come.
    Thanks, Mae. I'm a sucker for this kinda stuff and will get to it eventually. My backlog is horrible. I really do need to make more time to be more unproductive

Country
    Country Flag

I really do need to make more time to be more unproductive
    I'm so stealing that line!

Country
    Country Flag

I really do need to make more time to be more unproductive
    I'm so stealing that line!
    +1

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's actually Darius, he was first mentioned in AC2: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darius
    Ah! I thought it was Al Mualim from AC1.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah he kinda looked like him a bit, or a bit like Ezio, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 321 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 ... LastLast