• shotguns

2 22.22%
  • snipers

2 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 296 of 297 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 7403

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not that anyone asked, but here are my Top 50 games of the decade. Keep in mind these are just my favorites, and I only play on PC (so no Last of Us).
    1. Life is Strange (2015)
    2. Disco Elysium (2019)
    3. The Walking Dead (2012-19)
    4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)
    5. Life is Strange: Before the Storm (2017)
    6. Assassin's Creed III (2012)
    7. Fallout: New Vegas (2010)
    8. Dishonored (2012)
    9. Gone Home (2013)
    10. Divinity: Original Sin 2 (2017)
    11. Kentucky Route Zero (2013-19)
    12. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015)
    13. Elsinore (2019)
    14. Mass Effect 2 (2010)
    15. The Stanley Parable (2013)
    16. Spec Ops: The Line (2012)
    17. A Plague Tale: Innocence (2019)
    18. Dragon Age: Inquisition (2014)
    19. Papers, Please (2013)
    20. Life is Strange 2 (2018-19)
    21. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (2018)
    22. Oxenfree (2016)
    23. Firewatch (2016)
    24. What Remains of Edith Finch (2017)
    25. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (2017)
    26. Pathologic 2 (2019)
    27. Dishonored 2 (2016)
    28. Alien: Isolation (2014)
    29. Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (2013)
    30. Night in the Woods (2017)
    31. Butterfly Soup (2017)
    32. The Wolf Among Us (2013)
    33. Assassin's Creed: Origins (2017)
    34. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (2016)
    35. The Occupation (2019)
    36. Eliza (2019)
    37. Her Story (2015)
    38. Kingdom Come: Deliverance (2018)
    39. Alpha Protocol (2010)
    40. Prey (2017)
    41. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (2011)
    42. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011)
    43. Tomb Raider (2013)
    44. XCOM 2 (2016)
    45. Bioshock Infinite (2013)
    46. Far Cry: Primal (2016)
    47. We Happy Few (2018)
    48. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2010)
    49. Shadowrun: Dragonfall (2014)
    50. Splinter Cell: Conviction (2010)

Bojack Horseman fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh nice. I'll have to come up with my own list soon. There's a lot of good games this year so I'll have to sift through those soon.
    I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't played some big ones from this year like Fallen Order, but I'm pretty happy with my list, don't think I missed anything, and even games in the bottom fifth are all very good to great.

Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I still haven't played some big ones from this year like Fallen Order, but I'm pretty happy with my list, don't think I missed anything, and even games in the bottom fifth are all very good to great.
    I really enjoyed Fallen Order. Still more year left in this decade though
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

Country
    Country Flag

Slightly reordered the rankings in the middle and swapped out two games cause I forgot two big ones!

Bojack Horseman fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Mae, you mentioned you're strictly a PC gamer but you're missing 3 of the best games of the generation, arguably of all time - God of War, The Last of Us., and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Also Breath of the Wild is probably going to show up in various media outlets, I'm halfway through it myself and I have to say it's a special title, even by Zelda standards.
    I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!

Country
    Country Flag

I know at least Red Dead Redemption 2 is now available on PC, but a) it's still very expensive, and b) I'm not sure if my PC can handle it, the graphics look pretty intense. I'm sure I can probably run it fine on high settings but probably not very high or ultra. I'll get it eventually. The Last of Us seems like right up my alley but I'm not buying a console. So I'll need to wait for a PC version or hope the emulators eventually make it playable. God of War I was never much interested in, honestly. Same with Breath of the Wild, which I'm sure is great and what I've seen of it looks fun, but I was just never into Zelda (again, I've never owned a console). So yeah these are just the games I've played the last ten years and were my favorites. It's just that I've been a PC player since Wolfenstein 3D back in 1993, and that's all I've ever known. I suck handling a gamepad.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

IGN compiled a list of their favorite games of the decade here.

Damn, reading through this list makes me realize what a great year it's been for gaming.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, after pouring in 270 hours into Borderlands 3, I think I'm taking a small break.

Anyone else here mess around with Destiny 2 on PS4?

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Game Informer gave Grand Theft Auto 5 as the best game of the decade something i really disagree with. there are far far better games like God of war, Spider-Man the Tomb Raider Games, uncharted 4 among many others i left out that are far better than that one. out of that 50 games i only own 2 of them actually.

Rabid Billybumbler Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    Game Informer gave Grand Theft Auto 5 as the best game of the decade something i really disagree with. there are far far better games like God of war, Spider-Man the Tomb Raider Games, uncharted 4 among many others i left out that are far better than that one. out of that 50 games i only own 2 of them actually.
    I can't find any kind of link to this. The only thing I could find was an online poll where twitter users voted it the best game of the decade.

That said, they aren't wrong. Spiderman and Uncharted were very good games as well but GTA5 has just been an absolute juggernaut. It's the best-selling game of the decade and it's still making money today even though it's a 6-year old game. The fact that they've continuously updated the online stuff is a big reason as well.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, GTA5 isn't my favorite game of the last generation but there is absolutely no doubt that it's a freaking titan of the industry, as IWC alluded to.

It got everything right. Literally everything. The single player campaign, the characters, the gameplay, the multiplayer. The fact that the multiplayer is still going strong years and years (and years) after it debuted is a testament to its staying power. It'll go down as a benchmark of this era when we look back on in it 10, 20, 30 years from now.

OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If the next one isn't in Vice City, I'm going to be pissed.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - best open world setting of all time?

Tied with Fallout 3 for me, personally.

Country
    Country Flag

This is looking fantastic!

Country
    Country Flag

So what's everyone been playing during the self-isolation? I just got this one and it looks fun:

Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys played the RE3 demo yet? I haven't but heard it's pretty kick ass and Nemesis is one bad SOB.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Have you guys played the RE3 demo yet? I haven't but heard it's pretty kick ass and Nemesis is one bad SOB.
    Not yet, but if the masterpiece that is the RE2 remake is anything to go by, we're in for one hell of a ride. Can't wait to see what they do with Nemesis here.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not yet, but if the masterpiece that is the RE2 remake is anything to go by, we're in for one hell of a ride. Can't wait to see what they do with Nemesis here.
    I may get to it later this evening.

Gunslinger Apprentice Aremag is a jewel in the rough Aremag is a jewel in the rough Aremag is a jewel in the rough Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm playing Doom Eternal and loving it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    I'm playing Doom Eternal and loving it.
    My kid said it was awesome and burned through it in a day I think.

Played the RE3 demo last night and it's awesome! Not timed like the RE2 demo so you can play it over and over. Nemesis is one bad MF.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Any fan of Doom or FPSs in general should enjoy DE. That thing is engineered to impress.

OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I got my Switch I have been blowing through games. I had a blast with Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. They did such a fantastic job with that game paying homage to retro games like Wonder Boy. The puzzles and platforming are amazing. I also beat the Indie sensation The Messenger. Again, this game is paying homage to games like Ninja Gaiden. The game is wickedly funny and about halfway through it turns into something entirely different that really elevates the game for me.

I'm currently playing Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap and I'm having a lot of fun with that one as well. After that, I hope to dive into Fire Emblem: Three Houses

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike depending on how much $ you're willing to spend, get Zelda: BOTW. Guarantee you'll drop at least 80 hours into that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Mike depending on how much $ you're willing to spend, get Zelda: BOTW. Guarantee you'll drop at least 80 hours into that.
    That's my worry. I'm finding that I end up puttering out on those open-world games. I find myself just exploring more than anything. That's why I think I'm enjoying the 3 Switch games I have. They all feature a pretty straight forward adventures. I do plan on buying that one though.

I took a crack at my favorite games of the last decade. I will preface this by saying that last decade I played a ton of online games, which took me away from single-player games. Also, I really leaned into retro gaming last decade, so a lot of my time was dedicated to that. Either way, I feel I still played some great games.

1) The Last of Us
    2) Uncharted 3 & 4
    3) Bioshock Infinite
    4) Grand Theft Auto V
    5) Horizon Zero Dawn
    6) Valiant Hearts: The Great War
    7) Bioshock 2
    8 ) Red Dead Redemption 2
    9) Assassin's Creed III
    10) Dead Space 2
    11)Mass Effect 2
    12) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain