1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 321 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I created a Discord server for us...because, why not?

https://discord.gg/jg9hVG4

Once you download the app, you just have to follow that link and BOOM. You're in.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to look into this whole Discord thing, Andi. Shamefully, I know very little about it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bah, no shame at all! The only reason I know so much about it is because I've been playing MMOs for 15 years and you tend to keep up with things like voice chat which has really evolved over the years. It's a great way to keep in touch with folks and you can use it for just about anything. Like when you need fantasy football advice from your Canadian buddy. Or when I'm playing Warframe with my other buddy in Iowa. That kind of thing.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I just joined and got the app! Thanks for setting it up, hopefully more folks join in for all kinds of discussions.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    So....do these forums have a Discord server set up for talking in real time/voice chat at all?

I figured I'd ask here, since Discord is kind of a gamer thing, and was wondering if anyone ever talked about or started up a dedicated DT.org server.

And for those who are unfamiliar, Discord is basically the coolest thing ever. It's a free service/program that lets you set up a server where you can chit chat and use voice communication. You can also break down a server into multi channels so you could have say....a DT nerd channel and DT sports channel in the same place. You can also see who is online and what games they are playing (if you're curious).

Cause I think that would be super fun to connect with you guys in new ways.

EDIT: You can also download Discord to your smart phone and send messages from there as well.
    That's a cool idea. I've never heard of it either.

I've been dabbling with the idea of doing some kind of livestream where we talk about movies or something with some of the folks here. I think that would be neat.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You should join, Mikey. Discord would be perfect for that.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    This will be easier if I break it apart into systems, I think. I'll do more recent systems later. So hard to weigh a childhood classic like Blaster Master or Mega Man 2 against something like Fallout 3.

Top List of Games

NES

1. Blaster Master
    2. Mega Man 2
    3. Mike Tyson's Punch Out
    4. Adventures of Lolo (1-3)
    5. Captain Skyhawk
    6. Legend of Zelda
    7. Super Mario 2
    8. Super Mario 3
    9. Micro Machines
    10. Bad Dudes
    11. Battletoads
    12. Burger Time
    13. Duckhunt
    14. Duck Tales
    15. Mega Man 5
    16. Cool Spot
    Man, that's what I should have done. I'd like to at least put together a favorite NES list at some point. My NES collection has grown considerably over the past 4 years.

Awesome to see Master Blaster at the top of your list. Great game. It's also cool to see Lolo on there. I feel like those games have been overlooked. I still need to buy the 3rd game. Have you ever played River City Ransom? That's a game I bought and played for the first time last year. It's amazing. I grew up playing beat em ups like Double Dragon and Renegade and River City Ransom puts them in the ground. It's two player co-op and features a pretty robust RPG element, especially for its time. You can boost stats by buying food or reading books. Really cool to see in an NES game.
    No, I never played River City Ransom. Lolo is one of my favourite series. I play through them every few years on my emulator. They're still what puzzle games should be for me. Blaster Master is just my favourite. I never did beat the game though. It's hard.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else have the Power Pad for the NES?

I totally used to cheat on Track and Field by stepping off for the triple jump. HA!
    Wraine of Pints N Quarters Gaming!

Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...g3rAGIp615zLtA

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My cousin how the power glove or whatever it was. Never really worked right though.

At the moment, I'm enjoying tramping around the Mojave Wasteland. I'm not spreading fear...yet. I've been a good girl. Helping everyone. But once I've finished Old World Blues and Lonesome Road, which I haven't played yet, I'm going to destroy both the NCR and Caeser's Legion. Then I'm not sure if I'll move onto Skyrim, or if I'll finish of 100%ing FF13-2 and then replay Lightning Returns first.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I didn't have the power pad but my friend did. I did have the power glove though. Both were fun for a little bit, but you were limited on what games worked with them. I used the power glove on Mike Tyson's punch out all the time but it was frustrating when it didn't register the movements correctly.

I think most of the extra accessories that some games require have a fairly short shelf life. We have the guitar hero guitars, the rock band drum kit and microphone, the wii fit balance board. They are all sitting in a corner collecting dust. Yet I'll still use my PS3 or PS4 with a regular controller almost daily.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

So, I created a Discord server for us...because, why not?

https://discord.gg/jg9hVG4

Once you download the app, you just have to follow that link and BOOM. You're in.
    This Discord thing is actually very cool, you guys! Come join! We have cookies (not really)...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Best peripheral ever was The Super Scope.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else have the Power Pad for the NES?

I totally used to cheat on Track and Field by stepping off for the triple jump. HA!
    Cheater!

The NES bundle with the Power Pad was the one my sister and I got for Christmas when we were kids. It was my very first system. I still have the Power Pad and the orginal NES and break it out once in a while with my Godson.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Playing Dragon Ball FighterZ tonight...

So much fun!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Horizon Zero Dawn really cleaned in the PlayStation.Blog 2017 Awards:

Best Game
    Best Performance (Ashly Burch as Aloy)
    Best Art Direction
    Best Soundtrack
    Best Story
    Best Post-Release Content
    Best Console Exclusive
    Best Use of PS4 Pro
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Best Game
    Best Art Direction
    Best Soundtrack
    Best Story
    Best Console Exclusive
    Best Use of PS4 Pro
    I can definitely see why. It really is a great game, both in terms of mechanics and pure story telling aspect.

I have played a lot of video games and watched a lot of movies over the years...I can identify most sci fi/fantasy tropes pretty quickly and most stories contain some kind of base formula so if you pay attention well enough early on you can almost always figure out whats really going on, but HZD kept me on the edge of my seat and engaged. I kept thinking to myself....OH! I know what's going on! Only to travel to the next area, uncover the next chapter in the story, and find that I was entirely mistaken and/or happy to find a new and fresh twist on some old ideas. As someone who considers herself to be fairly cerebral and demands well written plots/stories alongside solid gameplay, I was *very* happy with HZD. Easily one of my favorites of all time.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know you're a huge fan of the game, Andi and I've heard nothing but great things from others about it as well. It's sitting my HDD eagerly waiting to be played. I think I'm just wanting to save the best for last and get other games out of the way first. I have a feeling once I start HZD, little else will get accomplished for the next few months
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Best Game
    Best Art Direction
    Best Soundtrack
    Best Story
    Best Console Exclusive
    Best Use of PS4 Pro
    I can definitely see why. It really is a great game, both in terms of mechanics and pure story telling aspect.

I have played a lot of video games and watched a lot of movies over the years...I can identify most sci fi/fantasy tropes pretty quickly and most stories contain some kind of base formula so if you pay attention well enough early on you can almost always figure out whats really going on, but HZD kept me on the edge of my seat and engaged. I kept thinking to myself....OH! I know what's going on! Only to travel to the next area, uncover the next chapter in the story, and find that I was entirely mistaken and/or happy to find a new and fresh twist on some old ideas. As someone who considers herself to be fairly cerebral and demands well written plots/stories alongside solid gameplay, I was *very* happy with HZD. Easily one of my favorites of all time.
    Fuck. This really makes me want to play it. I was planning on extracting every ounce of juice I can from MGSV - I'm a side mission and collectibles junkie - but I might just speed through the main story so I can get to this already.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know you're a huge fan of the game, Andi and I've heard nothing but great things from others about it as well. It's sitting my HDD eagerly waiting to be played. I think I'm just wanting to save the best for last and get other games out of the way first. I have a feeling once I start HZD, little else will get accomplished for the next few months
    Yes. That's a good plan. The game was a major time suck. I found myself just exploring trying to collect things. I ended up getting a Platinum almost by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Best Game
    Best Art Direction
    Best Soundtrack
    Best Story
    Best Console Exclusive
    Best Use of PS4 Pro

Fuck. This really makes me want to play it. I was planning on extracting every ounce of juice I can from MGSV - I'm a side mission and collectibles junkie - but I might just speed through the main story so I can get to this already.
    I'm afraid we've overhyped it at this point though.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I did this mission in MGSV last night that took me about an hour and half to complete; I wanted to complete the mission killing absolutely none of the 25 guards - which meant a lot of crawling and a lot of patience - and I high jacked all 3 of the tanks that were patrolling the perimeter. Didn't get caught once and didn't have to use any lethal weapons. It was fucking exhilarating.

Country
    Country Flag

I did this mission in MGSV last night that took me about an hour and half to complete; I wanted to complete the mission killing absolutely none of the 25 guards - which meant a lot of crawling and a lot of patience - and I high jacked all 3 of the tanks that were patrolling the perimeter. Didn't get caught once and didn't have to use any lethal weapons. It was fucking exhilarating.
    Sweet!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty epic! I remember finding myself replaying missions just because I wanted to do something similar. You can certainly go in guns blazing with MGS5, but it's far more rewarding to go in stealth like a badass.

I keep forgetting to mention that I ended up finding the strategy guide for Phantom Pain at a local game store shortly after buying the game. It was still sealed for like 5 bucks so I couldn't pass it up. I'm not into using them, but I love the artwork and it's a cool display piece. I will say that I often found myself looking at the maps when I wasn't playing in my spare time, planning out my next attack. Good stuff.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm afraid we've overhyped it at this point though.
    We totally haven't!

But I wouldn't rush through anything to play it either. It's definitely a time sink....you can wander around for hours, just kill machines or looking for world data points, not progressing the story at all.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

RDR2 delayed again. Release date set for October 26.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...o#5bfc13ee1290
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 321 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 ... LastLast