1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 321 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Wife bought me Assassin's Creed: Rogue for the PS3. I've been a huge fan of the series since the beginning. While I love the game play and story this game is full of graphic glitches. After doing a bunch of searching online I'm pretty sure the issue is because I own an original release of the PS3, the type that is backwards compatible with ps1 and ps2 games. What sucks is it only happens with the AC games. I've never seen these kind of issues with any other games. What sucks is I don't see the point of buying a whole new system for just a couple of games.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Amusingly enough, many of the issues I have with Final Fantasy XIII are the same issues I have with Final Fantasy VII. Uninteresting characters with dull personalities, a convoluted, messy narrative with terrible writing and dialogue, incredibly linear dungeons - very often just a small path barely large enough for your character avatar - and an amazingly boring plot that honestly gets more praise than it deserves.

But unlike XIII, at least FFVII has decent combat, a few laughs, a good leveling/materia system, and some nice overworld exploration.
    I enjoy VII, and I appreciate it for its trailblazing attributes within the industry, but it's nowhere near my favorite FF.

VII is also elevated higher in the public's' consciousness because of Sephiroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Wife bought me Assassin's Creed: Rogue for the PS3. I've been a huge fan of the series since the beginning. While I love the game play and story this game is full of graphic glitches. After doing a bunch of searching online I'm pretty sure the issue is because I own an original release of the PS3, the type that is backwards compatible with ps1 and ps2 games. What sucks is it only happens with the AC games. I've never seen these kind of issues with any other games. What sucks is I don't see the point of buying a whole new system for just a couple of games.
    Have you downloaded the patches for it?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to EB...Hoping I find a used copy of Last of Us so I can FINALLY play it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You got a PS3?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ive had my brother in laws for a few months. Finally have some money for vidja games

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FF10 is a beautiful game. FF12 is terrible.

Everybody hates on FF7 now, but when that game came out, it revolutionized the RPG and the scope/story of video games in general. If it wasn't for FF7, I wouldn't be here talking to you right now. It lead me to the Dark Tower. Story for another day I suppose.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I like FF7, I just think it's touted as this absolutely masterpiece when it wasn't. A damn good game, a damn important game too, I just think FF9 is the penultimate FF game...such a fitting tribute to its own past, the most balanced battle system they've ever made and rich characters and locales. FF12 doesn't get the love it deserves, probably because of the disjointed plot that can easily lose it's momentum in the midst of endless sidequests. I played FF12 for over a hundred hours and was only about 75% done the story haha. It's a game I want to replay but I'll have to find it online.

Last of Us cost me 30 bucks used but I know it's going to be worth twice that much. Two years of waiting culimates at 2:30 am EST. There is a chance I will not sleep.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Last of Us cost me 30 bucks used but I know it's going to be worth twice that much. Two years of waiting culimates at 2:30 am EST. There is a chance I will not sleep.
    It's not often that I restart a game as soon as the credits are done rolling. I did that with Last of Us. I needed to jump right back in and experience it once again. The cool thing about the game is you can play it however you want. If you want to sneak around and throw bricks, go right ahead. If you want to run around chucking molotov's and guns blazing, then you can do that too.

I hope you enjoy it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    You got those backwards.

The cool thing about the game (The Last of Us) is you can play it however you want. If you want to sneak around and throw bricks, go right ahead. If you want to run around chucking molotov's and guns blazing, then you can do that too.
    Yes, but I don't encourage it. You'll run out of ammo really fast and won't have any left for when you really need it.

Assassin's Creed Rogue is the best AC game to date; I own and have played them all. It removed most of the things that haven't worked in the past - those lousy perimeter tailing missions, the defend the fort mini game, among others - and accentuated the things that have worked, like the fantastic sailing and exploring component. Couple that with the best story since Ezio's saga, and this will probably shoot to the top of my AC favorites.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

FF12 is all about exploration in a large world, still the biggest they've made. It was difficult at times but I loved the 3D free roaming battles, much better than going into battle screens and made the world feel more authentic. The politicalLy charged plot was a nice change of pace as well.

Is there no special episode for season Two of Walking Dead? I'm just starting up episode 5 of season one.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

By special episode do you mean something in the vein of 400 Days? If so, no ... not yet anyway.

What are your impressions of the series thus far

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI this thread was actually named after the Final Fantasy XII battle system

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    By special episode do you mean something in the vein of 400 Days? If so, no ... not yet anyway.

What are your impressions of the series thus far
    Yeah, like that. Got lucky season one episodes were on sale for 2.50. I've enjoyed it. First two episodes were good but wasn't super invested until I played episode 3...four was just awesome. Sadly I wasn't shocked by it's ending as I knew the circumstances in season two

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You got those backwards.

The cool thing about the game (The Last of Us) is you can play it however you want. If you want to sneak around and throw bricks, go right ahead. If you want to run around chucking molotov's and guns blazing, then you can do that too.
    Yes, but I don't encourage it. You'll run out of ammo really fast and won't have any left for when you really need it.

Assassin's Creed Rogue is the best AC game to date; I own and have played them all. It removed most of the things that haven't worked in the past - those lousy perimeter tailing missions, the defend the fort mini game, among others - and accentuated the things that have worked, like the fantastic sailing and exploring component. Couple that with the best story since Ezio's saga, and this will probably shoot to the top of my AC favorites.
    You hated FF10 too? What the...

I had no idea so many people hated that game until I came here. I can't even name one character from FF12. That's how forgettable they are.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea so many people hated that game until I came here. I can't even name one character from FF12. That's how forgettable they are.
    Kind of like how I can barely name any plot points in FFX. That's how forgettable they were. Something about a pilgrimage and a guy with stupid blue hair being very fey and evil, and Sin being
    Spoiler:
    Tidus's father, JUST BECAUSE, why the hell not?
    . Everything else is a complete blur.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait wait wait wait my bad, I misread your comment. I love FF10, it's FF7 that I think is terrible.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait wait wait wait my bad, I misread your comment. I love FF10, it's FF7 that I think is terrible.
    Oh. my. god. That statement is even more insane. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't play FF7 when it came out in 1997. People who caught on later can't truly appreciate it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It was my first PlayStation game.

You're talking through nostalgia colored glasses. I can appreciate it for what it meant to the industry, but it doesn't necessarily make it a great game, mechanically speaking. Influential? Sure. But playing it today is almost a chore when compared to other FF's much smoother battle systems.

I might go back and replay it soon to see if my opinion of it has changed...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It was my first PlayStation game.

You're talking through nostalgia colored glasses. I can appreciate it for what it meant to the industry, but it doesn't necessarily make it a great game, mechanically speaking. Influential? Sure. But playing it today is almost a chore when compared to other FF's much smoother battle systems.

I might go back and replay it soon to see if my opinion of it has changed...
    I still love it all these years later. I love the story, the characters, the battle system, the materia system. Pretty much everything about it. Look at Final Fantasy 1 on the NES. It's battle system is clunky because the time in which it was made, doesn't mean it's not a classic game. I'd much rather play a battle system like FF7 than whatever the fuck that was in FF13.

I think a lot of people are hating on FF7 (same with FF10 )now because it's the cool thing to do. You see this all the time when things become hugely popular. Everybody loved Titanic when it came out. EVERYBODY! Now everybody hates it. It's hilarious. I bet you enjoyed the game back in the day when you first played it. It wasn't until later that you started nit picking.

Country
    Country Flag

Back to your previous question yes the PS3 did download the update for AC:Rogue. I'm 99% sure that the graphics issue has to do with my system being an original and ubisoft just sucks. Besides the annoying graphics issues I do love the game a lot. But so far I like black flag the most. It had a whole lot more open space for naval fights. Hunting down the assassins like you use to do in multiplayer is fun though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a lot of people are hating on FF7 (same with FF10 )now because it's the cool thing to do. You see this all the time when things become hugely popular. Everybody loved Titanic when it came out. EVERYBODY! Now everybody hates it. It's hilarious. I bet you enjoyed the game back in the day when you first played it. It wasn't until later that you started nit picking.
    I can't speak for other people. All I know is the amount of hype and praise FF7 gets is disproportionate to the way the game actually plays. It might have been a trail blazer in its day, but other games in the same series did things much better.

Like you said, it was good for its time.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hated on FFX when it came out, which is why I gave it away to my friends brother before I even finished it. I don't hate 7, I just don't think it's thebest in the series let alone best of it's generation of RPGs. Games like Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile, Lunar Star Story and others are just as good or better than FF7

Country
    Country Flag

FF7 and I have a love hate relationship. It was my first RPG and the heartbreaking twist was great at the time. I played the crap out of that game. But then one day my third party memory card shit the bed and I lost al my progress. I was close to the final big battle. When I turned on my system and saw that the save was gone I lost it. I didnt touch the game for years and year. A few years ago I got it on psn and played for awhile and haven't touched it since. I just get bored with the FF series too quick now. I've owned 7-12 minus the sequel one or ones that came out and never beat any of them.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I hated on FFX when it came out, which is why I gave it away to my friends brother before I even finished it. I don't hate 7, I just don't think it's thebest in the series let alone best of it's generation of RPGs. Games like Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile, Lunar Star Story and others are just as good or better than FF7
    Chrono Cross isn't better than FF7. Chrono Trigger yes, but not Chrono Cross.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm officially addicted to Assassin's Creed Rogue. I was busy after work yesterday so I didn't have a chance to get any play time in.

Instead, I set my alarm clock an hour and 15 minutes before my usual time just so I could play it for a bit before I had to start getting ready for work.

I need help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 321 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 ... LastLast