• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 321 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fine with that, gives me time to catch up on my backlog lol.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sigh... The Backlog. I'll see you in 2020, Bayek. Maybe:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Right now my backlog consists of

Horizon Zero Dawn
    Final Fantasy XV
    Assassin's Creed Origins

I'm going to drop everything as soon as God of War hits though ♥

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm fine with that, gives me time to catch up on my backlog lol.
    I hear ya! And ditto on GOW.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Right now my backlog consists of

Horizon Zero Dawn
    Final Fantasy XV
    Assassin's Creed Origins

I'm going to drop everything as soon as God of War hits though
    I'm assuming we're just talking about a PS4 backlog because I still have a ton of games on the PS3 I need to play (yes, including Red Dead).

I'm currently playing Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Backlog consists of:

South Park: The Fractured But Hole
    Final Fantasy XV
    Song of the Deep
    Until Dawn
    Life is Strange

That's just games I own.

I still need to get my hands on Resident Evil 7, Nier Automata, Bloodborne, AC Origins and a bunch more I'm forgetting.

I will also drop everything for GoW though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have a Switch yet? I want one, but my backlog is bad enough.

I finished Lost Legacy. It was a lot of fun, but super short.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't own a Switch but one of my buddies brought his over for an afternoon and we played Mario Kart for like 8 hours straight...I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, because the controllers are just SO LITTLE, but after a bit you get used to it and it's actually a *very* cool system. And oh my goodness, Breath of the Wild is just GORGEOUS on it.
    Wraine of Pints N Quarters Gaming!

Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...g3rAGIp615zLtA

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I don't own a Switch but one of my buddies brought his over for an afternoon and we played Mario Kart for like 8 hours straight...I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, because the controllers are just SO LITTLE, but after a bit you get used to it and it's actually a *very* cool system. And oh my goodness, Breath of the Wild is just GORGEOUS on it.
    That's what I'm hearing about BoW. That game does look amazing. My problem with Nintendo is they haven't branched out enough from their staple franchises (Zelda, Mario, etc.) and that's almost what tanked the company if you ask me. What I've heard is that it looks like the Switch is going to start releasing a lot more original games, many of which are 3rd party, but that's fine too considering many 3rd party companies stayed away from Nintendo once the Wii came out. There are a ton of RPGs that just look amazing.

As for the controller, I can tell you one thing, I won't be using those little things. My hands are way too big for that shit. I will be purchasing the Pro controller for sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, i don't know that Nintendo ever came close to tanking (I think the last time I looked they are worth something like 40 billion dollars). And personally speaking, i think their staple franchises drive their niche market which people love. Mario and Zelda are why we still own a Nintendo system (we have a Wii and a WiiU). Plus, kids play video games as well. If Nintendo wants to cater to that audience, then i think that's great. Age appropriate games are something that the world needs! I don't want my 7 year old nephew playing Grand Theft Auto.

And my hubby has ginormous hands and he was able to use the little controllers. That being said, he'd definitely get a pro controller as well.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, i don't know that Nintendo ever came close to tanking (I think the last time I looked they are worth something like 40 billion dollars). And personally speaking, i think their staple franchises drive their niche market which people love. Mario and Zelda are why we still own a Nintendo system (we have a Wii and a WiiU). Plus, kids play video games as well. If Nintendo wants to cater to that audience, then i think that's great. Age appropriate games are something that the world needs! I don't want my 7 year old nephew playing Grand Theft Auto.

And my hubby has ginormous hands and he was able to use the little controllers. That being said, he'd definitely get a pro controller as well.
    Maybe not tanking, but there were worries that if the Switch failed, that would be their last home console. They would have shifted to mobile games. Kids certainly play video games, but they aren't the ones driving the Switch. It's people in their 20's and up. My 10 year old cousin didn't ask for a switch this year for Christmas. He asked for a cell phone. He has a 3DS. It's very dusty. Even before he got the cell phone for Christmas, he would use his grandmother's phone to play games. I have yet to see a kid playing a Switch in public, but I've seen quite a few people in their 20's and 30's

You can't just live off of the niche audience, hence why the Wii U was an enormous failure. If they are going to compete with Playstation and XBox, then they had to offer the same games in the same quality, which is what they have done with the Switch.

Also, I'm not saying they should get rid of Mario and Zelda. That's their bread and butter, but they also haven't come up with a new original franchise in quite some time (Splatoon is the only one I can think of). Where is their Uncharted, or Horizon or Last of Us?

In regards to kids playing GTA, that's on the parents. I still haven't seen a 7 year old drive to Walmart and buy a Grand Theft Auto game.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it has to do with where I live, but I haven't seen a single person playing a Nintendo Switch in public. I did work in the electronics dept at a store during the Switch release though and stayed late that night for the preorder sales and to hand out the extra units we had, and you are right, I'd say most folks there were 20/30 somethings buying for themselves. In fact, I was convinced we'd never sell all the Breath of the Wild special editions we had and they just flew out of the store. It was the same way with the NES classic release and the SNES release....just a bunch of adults reliving their childhood and finding out that we don't have the twitch reflexes that we used to have.

That being said, I see kids every single day with 3DS and the DS handheld gaming systems. Perhaps your 10 year old cousin isn't into that kind of gaming, I'd say a lot of kids just like the whole novelty of a cell phone, but there are plenty who don't go anywhere without their DS. My little nephews are like that. For a long time my stepson was like that, but now that he's a senior in high school and has discovered the joys of having a girlfriend, so he doesn't game at all. Pffft, weirdo.

And you're right, they should branch out a bit, and with the Switch they will be able to support some of the AAA games which is good for them, but I'm not sure anyone buys a Switch thinking to themselves, "I can totally play the new insert-big-AAA-title-here on this!" I mean, most people into that kind of gaming already have an Xbone or PS4 already, with all the hawt online features, where all their friends play. So, while it's good to expand their market to more adult gamers, they would still probably have to be a specific kind of game, like Splatoon, with a kind of innocent quality to them that would be family friendly and would hit a wider target audience. At least that's the way it is in my head...some kind of weird balancing act for them.

And yes, I realize it's the parents fault. My nephews have very strict rules on what they can play, although more often then not, they'd rather play whichever Zelda game is laying around. I'm just saying, it's nice that Nintendo caters to their gaming as well, and not just, "We'll put an M on the box and so be it if parents don't bother to read it."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been receiving free rental codes from RedBox every so often so I've been playing Shadow of the Colossus in spurts LOL. It's a beautiful game with some nice music. Not sure that I'm really a fan of it but it's something I can't seem to stop playing when I have it. Can't resist getting to that next Colossi. I'll probably end up finishing it via free rental codes unless I happen upon a cheap copy. Not worth $40 to me personally.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it has to do with where I live, but I haven't seen a single person playing a Nintendo Switch in public. I did work in the electronics dept at a store during the Switch release though and stayed late that night for the preorder sales and to hand out the extra units we had, and you are right, I'd say most folks there were 20/30 somethings buying for themselves. In fact, I was convinced we'd never sell all the Breath of the Wild special editions we had and they just flew out of the store. It was the same way with the NES classic release and the SNES release....just a bunch of adults reliving their childhood and finding out that we don't have the twitch reflexes that we used to have.

That being said, I see kids every single day with 3DS and the DS handheld gaming systems. Perhaps your 10 year old cousin isn't into that kind of gaming, I'd say a lot of kids just like the whole novelty of a cell phone, but there are plenty who don't go anywhere without their DS. My little nephews are like that. For a long time my stepson was like that, but now that he's a senior in high school and has discovered the joys of having a girlfriend, so he doesn't game at all. Pffft, weirdo.

And you're right, they should branch out a bit, and with the Switch they will be able to support some of the AAA games which is good for them, but I'm not sure anyone buys a Switch thinking to themselves, "I can totally play the new insert-big-AAA-title-here on this!" I mean, most people into that kind of gaming already have an Xbone or PS4 already, with all the hawt online features, where all their friends play. So, while it's good to expand their market to more adult gamers, they would still probably have to be a specific kind of game, like Splatoon, with a kind of innocent quality to them that would be family friendly and would hit a wider target audience. At least that's the way it is in my head...some kind of weird balancing act for them.

And yes, I realize it's the parents fault. My nephews have very strict rules on what they can play, although more often then not, they'd rather play whichever Zelda game is laying around. I'm just saying, it's nice that Nintendo caters to their gaming as well, and not just, "We'll put an M on the box and so be it if parents don't bother to read it."
    Every area is different I suppose, but besides my personal experience with my cousin, I video tape dance recitals on the weekends in the summer. I was shocked last summer how many kids in the audience were playing games on a cell phone as opposed to a DS. I would say it was easily 70/30 for cell phones.

I will take special note this summer as well.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered FF!2 over a week ago I was really hoping it would be in the mail today, but it wasn't, so a minimum two more days of waiting. I've just want to play the damn game!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So last night I finished Life is Strange: Before the Storm, the prequel to Life is Strange, that soul-crushing experience of a game that left me in an emotional coma for over a week. This one wasn't that but I still wallowed in tears as the ending montage played and the final credits rolled. Amazing game, as usual. Awesome writing, and Chloe Price is such a great character, I love her so much. There are no sci-fi elements in this game (there are a few small weird elements) so this plays just as straight drama. As tragic and sad as it ultimately was I loved it, in parts even more than the original, which I will always consider the best game ever made.

P.S.: Slight spoilers, but what other game would have you
    Spoiler:
    spend a decent amount of time playing a D&D campaign and take part in a school production of The Tempest?

Country
    Country Flag

How come it is that if you sit and game for 10-12 hours straight, there's always judgment. If someone sits and binge watches Netflix, etc. for the same amount time, no one blinks an eye

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    How come it is that if you sit and game for 10-12 hours straight, there's always judgment. If someone sits and binge watches Netflix, etc. for the same amount time, no one blinks an eye
    I make this point all the time to people and they never have a retort. It's so true. People will say to me, "How can you play that game for 3 hours straight?" I say, "How can you watch TV for 3 hours straight?"

I can also make the case that playing video games is more productive. It's one of those weird societal things I thought would have gone away by now.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I make this point all the time to people and they never have a retort. It's so true. People will say to me, "How can you play that game for 3 hours straight?" I say, "How can you watch TV for 3 hours straight?"

I can also make the case that playing video games is more productive. It's one of those weird societal things I thought would have gone away by now.
    I agree they're more productive. One of my favourite things to do while doing housework was playing Call of Duty. I usually played search so if I died, I could have a few minutes of doing nothing, and gave me time to tidy up. And I'd do some work, and then play a round or two, and then go back to work. It's downtime that keeps you engaged in a more direct way than watching something.

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy some TV shows with the best of them but at least while I'm playing, I'm actually engaged into what's going on. Plus it's a great diet plan as I often forget to eat while in the zone lol.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's because people are tools.

I think you either 'get it' or you don't and that's why I typically avoid speaking to people who are super into television shows about that kind of stuff. I'm in the 'would rather be playing a video game' camp about 80% of the time (there are some shows that I enjoy and follow, but they are pretty few and far between...mostly because television can be so *mindless* that it's hard to find something decent to watch) and it's hard to explain to someone who is big on TV that you don't watch it much.

But....I'm a bit ashamed to say, but I'm still gonna say it. I FINALLY played through Knights of the Old Republic for the first time ever (I played Star Wars The Old Republic the MMO but not the KotoR RPG) and oh my gawd. It's absolutely FANTASTIC.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

After waiting for FF12 to travel east from British Columbia, I opened it up to discover this.

The seller was cool though and let me keep it, and I finally got this in this afternoon

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Love FFXII. The choir intro is one of my favorites.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally finished MGSV.

That ending, oh man that ending lol... still trying to decipher how I feel about it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's like the universe doesn't want me to play FFXII. For the other PS2 games I'd been using a non-dualshock 2 controller because my brothers dualshock 2 wasn't working right, I can't use the up or the left on the d-pad and other things aren't quire right either. So, if I can't take this thing apart and fix it, I'm going to have to buy a goddamn controller and that's probably going to run me 40+bucks.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Well, it's like the universe doesn't want me to play FFXII. For the other PS2 games I'd been using a non-dualshock 2 controller because my brothers dualshock 2 wasn't working right, I can't use the up or the left on the d-pad and other things aren't quire right either. So, if I can't take this thing apart and fix it, I'm going to have to buy a goddamn controller and that's probably going to run me 40+bucks.
    For a PS2 dual-shock controller? You should be able to find one of those for under $10. Even if it's an off-brand one.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 321 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 ... LastLast