1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 321 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I heard the single solo campaign was too short, and the Multiplayer was lacking. A number of friend bought it at the midnight release, returned it a few hours later.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I heard the single solo campaign was too short, and the Multiplayer was lacking. A number of friend bought it at the midnight release, returned it a few hours later.
    Really!?!?

I haven't finished the solo yet, but it's been pretty good so far.

The multiplayer has kicked-arse frankly. The huge variety of weapons and the new scoring criteria is cool. And the maps - outstanding.

I can't imagine anyone returning it!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Many websites have warned players that are planning on purchasing MW2 for the solo-campaign alone to watch out : it will only take about 4-5 hours to complete.

MW2's real strengths will lie in the insanely addictive MP, me thinks.

My Mood
    Gay

Actually, my wanting to get into the Multiplayer keeps me from playing the solo campaign. I get through a level or two, and then jump onto the MP.

The story with MW2 seems okay, it's interesting... Just read a review saying the solo campaign is about 5-8 hours. I think I've only played about two hours total, on account of logging into the MP.

I haven't done any of the co-op campaigns yet - but I think it's cool you can actually play "two player" with the co-op ( online or on-couch ).

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be picking up MW2 after work! I decided to go ahead and get the 360 version so I can play it with my brother(since he only has a 360).

My Mood
    Gay

Dude... PS3... come to the dark side.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    from what I've heard about the PS3 version of MW it really is the dark side when it comes to the multi player. As in the server has been down and might not be up for a few days. Not bashing the PS3 version because I was really looking forward to playing it. Guess I'm glad that I have to wait till Christmas before I can play it.

My Mood
    Gay

No way. I played online for hours yesterday and had no problems at all.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

NOU

BUY PC D:<

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, cause a PC will never crash or blue screen on yo... oh never mind.

Country
    Country Flag

lol @everyone.. I have PS3 and 360, but since my brother has a 360 that was the determining factor for me

Country
    Country Flag

CPU I have a question for you since you own both systems, I too own both. when it comes to games like CoD and other multi player online games that are released on both systems what system do you prefer to buy the game on? I was at a friends house who was using a mouse with his PS3 to play and he let me try it out and I loved it. But when it comes to playing online 360 is fun since most of my friends are on there and it's WAY easier to connect. I tried several times with MGS4 and it took so long to download some bull shit I gave up. Then with Little big planet I couldn't find anybody to play so I gave up there too.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    from what I've heard about the PS3 version of MW it really is the dark side when it comes to the multi player. As in the server has been down and might not be up for a few days. Not bashing the PS3 version because I was really looking forward to playing it. Guess I'm glad that I have to wait till Christmas before I can play it.
    It's like you could see the future... I couldn't get online yesterday to play the MP ... at all !!!

Suckage.

Country
    Country Flag

CPU I have a question for you since you own both systems, I too own both. when it comes to games like CoD and other multi player online games that are released on both systems what system do you prefer to buy the game on? I was at a friends house who was using a mouse with his PS3 to play and he let me try it out and I loved it. But when it comes to playing online 360 is fun since most of my friends are on there and it's WAY easier to connect. I tried several times with MGS4 and it took so long to download some bull shit I gave up. Then with Little big planet I couldn't find anybody to play so I gave up there too.

That's honestly a tough question. If I didn't have a "Gold" account on Xbox I wouldn't be able to play any multiplayer, but I find it's worth the $50 a year for the Netflix+exclusives,etc,etc to have Gold. I actually prefer the Xbox's dashboard functionality over the PS3's, but that might just be because I've used it more.

I've also heard about/run into more issues on PS3 in regards to multiplayer games since Sony doesn't maintain the network, but each game is responsible for maintaining their multiplayer networks.

Having said all that I personally think the PS3 is a better hardware platform, and will hopefully at some point have some games that show that. MAG is one coming up that might tip the balance in PS3's favor.

So, I really didn't answer your question did I?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

FPS sequel has become the biggest launch in history across all forms of entertainment.

Activision has announced that Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has become the biggest launch in history across all forms of entertainment, with estimated sell-through sales of $310 million in North America and the UK alone in the first 24 hours.

In its first day the game sold approximately 4.7 million copies in North America and the UK, according to internal Activision estimates.

"The Call of Duty franchise has become a cultural phenomenon showing the power of video games as an entertainment medium," said Mike Griffith, CEO, Activision Publishing, Inc. "The shattering of these entertainment records is a testament to the compelling, cinematic and uniquely engaging experience that the Call of Duty brand delivers. Modern Warfare 2 has taken interactive experience to unprecedented heights setting a new standard for entertainment."

Yesterday ELSPA announced it estimated day one sales of the game in the UK at 1.23 million units.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    i've literally heard the exact opposite of this from everyone i know. one of my friends even went as far as to say it was god, reborn in video game form.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Country
    Country Flag

and about mw2 having a short solo campaign....who honestly bought the game for the story line? i mean really?! haha. MP for this game, imo, makes halo and all the other fps games crap. it's just so fun.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CPU View Post

That's honestly a tough question. If I didn't have a "Gold" account on Xbox I wouldn't be able to play any multiplayer, but I find it's worth the $50 a year for the Netflix+exclusives,etc,etc to have Gold. I actually prefer the Xbox's dashboard functionality over the PS3's, but that might just be because I've used it more.

I've also heard about/run into more issues on PS3 in regards to multiplayer games since Sony doesn't maintain the network, but each game is responsible for maintaining their multiplayer networks.

Having said all that I personally think the PS3 is a better hardware platform, and will hopefully at some point have some games that show that. MAG is one coming up that might tip the balance in PS3's favor.

So, I really didn't answer your question did I?
    LOL I see you have the same issues as me when it comes to games on both systems.

Country
    Country Flag

OMG Braid on XBLA is pissing me off. Somebody was talking about the game in a podcast and i remembered that I hadn't beat it yet. So I played last night for the first time in a while because I wanted to beat it and got so far in the game. Went to play today and my progress wasn't there. Looked at my save file and it said I had 40 puzzle pieces but it wouldn't load. So I started playing when I got to the end of the first level the fucking dino thing comes up and asks me if i want to unlock the rest of the game. WTF!!! so I tell it to unlock the game even though I all ready had the game for probably a year now maybe two. Go to play again and the same FUCKING thing happens. Go to play and I notice my achievement point are all missing all 9000+ point. Log out log back in and what do you know they're all there. Well I FINALLY get the game loaded and play finish one of the puzzles and the FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT says I earned an achievement but some bull shit about it not being able to be applied because I'm not logged in or some bull shit. So I log back in and everything looks normal so I figure fuck Braid and I go play GTA4's Ballad of gay Tony since that had an easy achievement. I earn it and it applies it to my profile WTF!. If I had any easy achievements left on other arcade games I have I would try it out. I wonder if the Braid game file ended up corrupt or something.

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hm... sounds like you have something wrong with your hard drive, not necessarily Braid.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Country
    Country Flag

Well something really weird happened. When I logged back into Braid while it was recognizing my profile it gave me the achievement I earned. I'll probably see if deleting the game and re downloading it will fix it. Braid is the only game I'm having the people with. all other XBLA games work fine.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I need about 5 more trophies to Platinum A Crack In Time

Also, I picked up Uncharted 2 yesterday , looking forward to starting that tonight

My Mood
    Gay

Feev - You're gonna love Uncharted2 !!

Have fun !

Country
    Country Flag

picked up dragon age today. downloading all the stuff so i can play it....anticipation.....anticipation.....
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkwolf is on a distinguished road darkwolf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

COD:MW2 has taken over my life. I eat, sleep, and dream MW2 right now. And I haven't even played online multiplayer yet, just did a bit of campaign, and the Spec Ops missions (which I love). All in all, this game revived my interest in my x-box, which hadn't been on in a long long time.
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 321 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast