• shotguns

2 22.22%
  • snipers

2 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 288 of 288 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288
Results 7,176 to 7,181 of 7181

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Are the Assassin's Creed games good anymore? Black Flag was so amazing, and after hearing the few games after Black Flag were pretty middling, I decided not to tarnish the franchise if it's gone off the rails. They're pumping out the games so quick, I can't imagine the quality is consistent.
    I'm biased because I love the series so much, but yes. There has never been a bad AC game for me. I love all the lore and story (the Isu, the Assassins, the Templars, it's so engrossing). In fact, with Origins last year they kinda rebooted the franchise, while still being a continuation of the storyline. And Origins was very successful critically and with fans. I'm playing it now, in fact, and it is beautiful and the story is great. Odyssey is looking to be an even bigger improvement. Can't wait till next year when all the story elements (stupid episodic DLCs) are released so I can buy the complete edition.

So, if you played the series up until Black Flag, and it's been a while, I'd suggest picking up the rest of the series (they're often on sale for $7-9 bucks each) to get all that yummy lore, even if potentially it's the samey gameplay that was putting you off (which was never the case for me, personally). And then look for a good sale on Origins (there was a pretty good one for Black Friday) and dive in. Walking around Ancient Egypt is magical. (Well, technically, it's not the ancient Ancient Egypt, but that's a whole different topic.)

There are only three main titles after Black Flag: Rogue, Unity, and Syndicate, and I think each offers something really unique to the series. Unity in particular was beautiful and fun to co-op with a friend, if you're into that. I also have the AC Chronicles series, a fun platformer with more lore and story, which is always nice. Easy to play and looks really pretty too! I even played (or watched) most of the various mobile games. Yes, I am obsessed, I can admit it

Arthur Morgan fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I've never had a problem with AC's gameplay, I think they are all fantastic in their own way. Love collectibles, side missions, I'm a big fan of how they do open world.

My problem is with their story. It's become increasingly clear Ubisoft is milking this series for everything its worth. Feels like each iteration offers less and less of the current timeline to the point where ideas that could fit in one game are stretched over 2 or 3. A far cry from the compelling Desmond story.

I made it as far as Unity before I had to throw in the towel. Haven't done Syndicate, Origins or Odyssey, as much as it pains me...

Mae - how is Odyssey different from other AC titles, game play wise?
    We're thieves in a world that don't want us no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't have Odyssey yet so if you meant Origins, it's pretty different but similar, too. It's different in that you're not an Assassin (even though there is still stealth and you can take out people, essentially assassinate as before). The major difference I think is not even in the new combat system, but just the RPG aspects of the game. It plays like an RPG set in Ancient Egypt, and not an Assassin's Creed game. Although there are certainly lots of main AC features, too. Odyssey expands on that with being able to select your character's gender (although the female version is canon) and having dialogue trees and thus different outcomes. I'm very excited to play it once it's complete. I was a huge fan of the Desmond storyline, too, but that story is done. There are modern-day sections in Origins and Odyssey (not a spoiler, it's an AC game after all), but I like that they're no longer a major focus. The historical story has always been the focus anyway. The modern-day is told really well in the official comics, so maybe in a few years they could incorporate that stuff into a game or series of games, because all of it is canon, too.

Arthur Morgan fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Idk dude, for me the modern timeline has always been equally as important. It gives context to the actions of the past. Otherwise it's just a pirate simulator. I almost think that the modern timeline has become a burden to Ubisoft.

I am intrigued by the purported RPG elements tho.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Relaxed

God of War won Game of the Year over Red Dead 2 and Assassin's Creed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 288 of 288 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288