+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 321 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Brice - are you on the PS3?!?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I've been playing World at War a lot the past couple of weeks. I'm level 53 on the first prestige right now with an overall KDR of 1.16.

They're supposed to be releasing some DLC this month including some new zombie maps that will hopefully be glitch free. I'm really looking forward to it.

If anyone wants to play, please send me a friend request if you haven't: Aristotle007

Is that where you disappeared to? I've missed you. Nice AV.
    Its just been a hard two weeks, and I guess I used video games to help me through it. Its good to see you too. And I like the subtle Elliott reference in your signature.

Well Pam, you're the reason that I didn't buy a used PS 3. I wanted the purchaser's warranty in case something happened. So far, so good. What model do you have. I heard there were quite a few problems with the 60 GB.

I'm sorry that you've been having so much trouble.

Really look forward to being able to play with you some online though. It said that you had been signed out for 15 days.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody played Killzone 2? Any thoughts? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews from the non fanboy critics.
    I want to, but I have this thing about playing sequels before playing their predecessors (Which is why I have yet to play Metal Gear Solid 4 [My PS2 died, and stupid 40gb PS3 has no backwards compatibility ]). If I can find Killzone 1 on Gamestop or online for a reasonable price, I'll play through it with the quickness and then move on to part two.

Are you planning on getting it?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I have the 80gig and really, I think I just got a lemon. Sucks. The first time - everything was covered by the warantee - so getting it fixed didn't cost me a penny. This time around - 150 bucks! Sucks for sure.

I am still a PS3 fan though, I've had too many Sony products to be put off by one bad one. Every company has issues on some things. I'm going to keep my eye open for a special edition or a new bundle or something, and then maybe I will get a new PS3.

Thing is - with the new PS3's... there are only 2 usb ports on the front, and I have four on the front of mine - which I like better than the two. Oh well.

I'll be online this weekend... I can't wait !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

KZ2 is bad fucking ass.

And it's hard as shit.

But be warned, the online multiplayer is heavily geared towards the hardcore players. If you're just wanting to log on for a quick, fun match... don't.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Has anybody played Killzone 2? Any thoughts? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews from the non fanboy critics.
    I want to, but I have this thing about playing sequels before playing their predecessors (Which is why I have yet to play Metal Gear Solid 4 [My PS2 died, and stupid 40gb PS3 has no backwards compatibility ]). If I can find Killzone 1 on Gamestop or online for a reasonable price, I'll play through it with the quickness and then move on to part two.

Are you planning on getting it?
    I don't know if I'm going to get it or not. I have several friends from playing Call of Duty and they keep me pretty busy with clan invites, and with the prestige ranking system; you can go on and on forever. I'm heavily considering Killzone 2 because I was hoping for a really amazing single player experience, but people haven't been talking about the campaign very much and I'm not sure if I can handle getting involved with more than a couple of games online- at least in a serious sense.

I hesitate for the same reason as you, too. I like to play the predecessors, and I've yet to play the first one. I'm sorry your PS 2 died. Mine is still holding up, but it sounds like a jet engine. Maybe they'll make it available for download if the sequel takes off.

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post
    KZ2 is bad fucking ass.

And it's hard as shit.

But be warned, the online multiplayer is heavily geared towards the hardcore players. If you're just wanting to log on for a quick, fun match... don't.
    I appreciate the input Valtron. I'm pretty hardcore with online shooters, and I think I could pick it up fairly quick. Someone told me the fourth controller default setting is the same as the Call of Duty controls, so I think I'd be okay. Could you go into a little more detail about the single player campaign? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the story, cut scenes, and the overall gameplay.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I've been playing World at War a lot the past couple of weeks. I'm level 53 on the first prestige right now with an overall KDR of 1.16.

They're supposed to be releasing some DLC this month including some new zombie maps that will hopefully be glitch free. I'm really looking forward to it.

If anyone wants to play, please send me a friend request if you haven't: Aristotle007

Is that where you disappeared to? I've missed you. Nice AV.
    Its just been a hard two weeks, and I guess I used video games to help me through it. Its good to see you too. And I like the subtle Elliott reference in your signature.
    Worlds away from the thread topic: Thank you Ryan! You'll be happy to hear I've become quite obsessed by Elliot myself lately. The blonde Elliot and little sig quote were my way of expressing such. I hope things get better for you soon.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Single player gameplay is really pretty fun. It's what I've been doing mostly. Some fun trophies to try to get, a decent storyline, some cheesy dialogue... really, it's got some great moments, some great level design, fantastic AI, great bosses, and the list goes on.

The CoD4 multiplayer doesn't even compare to KZ2's. You could go through every level of Prestige in CoD4 and still not have the amount of time in that you would if you did everything in KZ2 multiplayer. The depth to it is simply unheard of.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot!

I was a pretty big fan of the first Killzone, so I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So... does anyone have RE5 yet, and how is it?

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Country
    Country Flag

I got it Friday around noon, and I'm almost done with it. (RE5, that is.)

I've on 5-2, and I have 4 sections left.

I really, really like it. It's not like your typical RE, but it definitely is. It's worth it. Pick it up.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

RE5 is intense - I love the atmosphere, the swarms of enemies that attempt to overwhelm you, the awesome weapons the and audio cues they give when you equip/holster them, and everything just looks so damn amazing. However, there are several factors ,both minor and major, that dampen the experience and in turn keep this from being a nearly perfect game.

Sheva, your partner A.I....dear God, where do I begin? If you're playing the campaign mode alone, you have two options as far as A.I settings go - 'Attack' and 'Cover' - if you choose the former, be prepared to watch your ammo deplete faster than you can make a 360 degree turn. Sheva will shoot at N-E-THING, even if you have already ditched the enemies and have put a fence between you and them, she will stupidly continue firing in their general direction. If you set her to 'Cover', she does nothing but stand around and/or get in the way of your shots, you have to lose precious seconds waiting for her to move out of the way, or go around her yourself and re-align your shot. She'll also use important curative items such as First Aid Sprays on you or herself, even if your health bar is only halfway. I imagine that she will be the biggest complaint for players.

Then there are a couple of minor issues that irk me, such as - not being able to choose exactly how much ammo you give/request from your partner...you either take it all, or give it all. :/ The fact that the vendor system doesn't allow you to purchase ammo for your weapons. Chris is a 280lb muscle builder, but when he 'Stomps', it looks like he's pressing an imaginary gas peddle

Now, with all that out of the way, I still have to say that the game is very enjoyable. You will often find yourself overwhelmed by the multitude of enemies that the game throws at you at once, and running and gunning seems to be the preferred M.O....that is, until the next play through when your weapons are powered up and you become an unstoppable killing machine .

Your words echo the reviews I've been reading/watching. It seems the best way to go is to do online co-op because of the A.I. difficulties that you expressed. I'm having a hard time deciding if this is something I really want/need right now.

Thanks for the review Feev.

Country
    Country Flag

I've never once put Sheva into "ATTACK" mode. I'm on chapter 5-3, and have only had to rescue her a few times, and only one of them when she was "dying." And this is playing on Normal.

She really hasn't ever gotten in my way, either. She stays right behind me, is never a problem, always saves me on time, and even sticks really close to me when we're sneaking by Lickers.

I actually have more trouble with co-op players than I do out of the AI Sheva.

The ammo thing does kind of suck, but if you upgrade your capacity in the Organize menu, your gun automatically replenishes... so it's kind of like buying ammo.

I've got the Ithaca and the M92 almost 100% upgraded... just lacking capacity on both of them, but even that's almost 100%.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember chapter 3-2 with the raptor plate and those two witch doctors with the masks on? That part was a fucking nightmare for me. I wasted 2 magnum rounds because that dumbass got in my way

Gunslinger Apprentice Cort is on a distinguished road Cort's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey there, been playing Res 5 on xbox live with a friend, it makes life a helluva lot easier when you dont rely on dumbass AI

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

As someone who really hated Resident Evil 4, for the story and departure from the horror themes, I give this game a 9.0.

It takes one of the the best elements from the old school games, the files explaining everything, and the best from 4, the controls/3rd person thingy. And it has an awesome storyline so far.

I'm up to Chapter 2-3.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you think about the co-op aspect, Empath?

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

im so backed up with games that i really cant spare the time for RE5. i want to play it baddddly, but dammit i never have the time. im still lingering around fallout, call of duty, and snake eater. yeh, i need alot more time on my hands
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm finally to Chapter 6-3. The last one.

I got my Egg Hunt achievement, too. Getting the golden egg wasn't so bad.

Chaingun, M93R, and Hydra Shotgun are all unlocked... I just don't have the 30,000 gold to buy any of them. D:

Country
    Country Flag

Fallout is an amazing game, i can't remember when i have had so much fun free roaming. The karma choices are a nice touch too.

Country
    Country Flag

only thing about free roaming is i keep completing missions way befor they show up on the story line....kinda ruins it
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah tell me about it, i rescued dad from tranquility lane before i had found rivet city, the first time around that is.

Country
    Country Flag

i did the same thing! except it was a little after rivet city that i rescued him...luckily i had saved the game before i rescued him...whew
    I'm kind of a big deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 321 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast