1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 321 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Code Veronica X is such an underrated title. Top 3 RE game.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure why I never ended up finishing Code Veronica back on the Dreamcast. RE Zero is an extremely underrated title because I know a lot of people never had a Gamecube. The Gamecube era of Resident Evil is better than the PSone era Resident evil. The remake of the original was just plain stunning and added some interesting elements where you have to burn zombie bodies or they get back up later (or, on NewGame+ if you don't burn them they come back as Crimson Head zombies which were freaky as hell), Resident Evil Zero was a perfect companion piece to REmake using similar technology, great gameplay and was as much of a throwback to the original as the remake was and Resident Evil 4, well, everyone knows how bad ass that game was.

I remember a puzzle near the beginning of Code Veronica being a bitch, about getting something past metal detectors lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I spent the first half an hour of gameplay being fucked up with the controls. I could barely walk forward at first. It's like riding a bike though and I'm right back into old school RE styles. I want to say Code Veronica is difficult but I've only died once and I wasn't trying to survive, was kind of feeling out a new emeny since I'd literally just saved and was already low on health. Is there a distinct lack of health in the game or am I just not finding it? I literally played the game for over an hour on caution because I wasn't coming across anything and if I wasn't such a bad ass at RE games I'd probably have died a few times and had to retrace my steps. The bats are stupidly difficult to kill...I can't shoot them horizontally even if they are in front of me and 1 of 3 bullet misses them when they are above me and I lose too much health to them and use more bullets than I should. All in all I'm really enjoying it so far. I can't remember if the old RE games were so directionless or if it's just this game, there are parts where I get through something and I'm like 'I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going now' lol.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I picked up a ps vita on the cheap a few days ago. I am really enjoying it. I have been claiming the ps plus free vita games for a while just in case I ever got on, so I have around eight games for it. I also bought Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Story for it because I love some old school rpg action.

The remote play stuff with ps4 is pretty awesome, too. It is neat when you need to leave the room for something to be able to take your game with you.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Playing Code Veronica really makes me want to replay RE2. I was a master at that game. My friend back in the didn't believe me that I could beat the game in less than 2 1/2 hours so he forced me to play it while he watched, knowing the most efficient paths to take I completed RE2 (scenario A as scenario B takes about 40 mins longer) as Leon in 1hr and 58 mins. What I loved about RE2 was that it was four games in won, both Claire and Leon taking the same paths in scenario A but with differing characters and storyline variations then you have the longer, different paths (plus Nemesis in a trenchcoat lol) that give more insight to events and circumstances you come across but don't experience. For it's time it was a marvel of storytelling...and scenario B was just plain awesome and even expands on the ending. Was maybe the first game to be so creative with linear storytelling.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, the Scenario A/B's of RE2, a marvel at the time lol.

And I agree, Matt. RE0 is an underrated game in the series. The Billy/Rebecca duo is one of my favorites.

Also, even though I had already watched the entirety of it on youtube, I downloaded the Dead Space 3 DLC Severed. After all the talk of it on here, I realized how much I missed playing it so I gave myself an excuse to go back to it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone else playing The Walking Dead - Season 2?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I have played all but the most recent episode. I love that series and well as The Wolf Among Us. Telltale is killing it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I was short to buy RE Revelations (damn you tax! By like 40 cents) and the sale will be over by the time I'm back home. I only played the first episode of the first season and heard the second season was stellar.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Gamecube era of Resident Evil is better than the PSone era Resident evil.
    Na, give me the original RE1 and RE2 on the PS1 any day. Sure, the Gamecube spruced things up and added some things, but I still prefer the originals. I guess I'm old school like that. Also, I much prefer the Playstation controller compared to the Gamecube controller. I've always thought the Gamecube controller was rather clunky.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I thought the GameCube controller was a dream. You could hit all four right thumb buttons just by tilting your thumb, I thought it had effortless controls...though the tiny d-pad was annoying. I thought the remake was brilliant and Zero was as good as Nemesis and RE4 is one of the most important games of our generation, at least in my opinion. The PSone originals were good but RE2 is the only great one (still my favourite) from that era while in the GameCube era you had Code Veronica (Dreamcast and PS2 too), remake, Zero, RE4 and Outbreak (PS2) while the PSone also had that terrible Survivor game which defintely hurts it lol

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you guys play the train wreck that is RE6?

Smh.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going to but heard it sucked so never did. Was excited for the return of zombies too. Not to mention Leon is the best character in the series and yet he seems to get left behind a lot, and Ada Wong is also awesome. Chris Redfield is a as effective a character as a log lol. Jills got her looks going for her, that helps the Master of Unlocking.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I mean, you can play it for the sake of being a completionist, but just make sure your expectations are an inch off the ground before going into it. A diehard RE friend of mine actually went through the pain of 100% that game, which involves a minimum of 50 hours and multiple play throughs for each character. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I thought the GameCube controller was a dream. You could hit all four right thumb buttons just by tilting your thumb, I thought it had effortless controls...though the tiny d-pad was annoying. I thought the remake was brilliant and Zero was as good as Nemesis and RE4 is one of the most important games of our generation, at least in my opinion. The PSone originals were good but RE2 is the only great one (still my favourite) from that era while in the GameCube era you had Code Veronica (Dreamcast and PS2 too), remake, Zero, RE4 and Outbreak (PS2) while the PSone also had that terrible Survivor game which defintely hurts it lol
    A dream? Honestly, sometimes I feel you pick the opposite of what people think just to fuck with them.

The left analog stick is too small, the right analog stick is essentially a stiff nub, an overly large "A" but for no apparent reason and stiff shoulder buttons. As for being able to press all 4 buttons on the right side of the controller just by tilting your thumb, when on god's green Earth would you ever have a need to do that. I would love to know. The PS2 controller is one of the most perfect controllers ever created. That's coming from a guy with pretty big hands.

Anyway, I haven't played RE6. It really saddens me that a bunch of people can get together and go in that direction with a franchise. I will probably pick it up for cheap at some point. I would really like to play Revelations though. Also, don't forget Resident Evil Dead Aim, which sucked too.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

A dream? Honestly, sometimes I feel you pick the opposite of what people think just to fuck with them.
    I do enjoy playing the contrarian...then again, in most respects I'm a born contrarian lol

The left analog stick is too small, the right analog stick is essentially a stiff nub, an overly large "A" but for no apparent reason and stiff shoulder buttons. As for being able to press all 4 buttons on the right side of the controller just by tilting your thumb, when on god's green Earth would you ever have a need to do that. I would love to know. The PS2 controller is one of the most perfect controllers ever created. That's coming from a guy with pretty big hands.
    I didn't mean pressing all four buttons at once. I meant that by leaving your finger on the big green A button with the tip just over the edge, you could efficiently hut any of the other three buttons simply by tilting/shifting your thumb, unlike Xbox and PS controllers are designed basically so you have to actually move the thumb button to button, raising it, lowering it, ad infinitum. Playing NHL 04 on that system was a dream, absolutely effortless. And as for the hands, I have pretty small hands which might explain why the gamecube controller was so smooth for me. I cannot stand the PS2/3 (assuming PS4 didn't re-invent their controller scheme) analog sticks on those controllers, it's very awkward for me to play shooters on a PS because of them...and why in the heck do they have the triggers set up on Call of Duty the way they do. R1 shoots? wtf is up with that? The bottom triggers, which actually feel like triggers on the Xbox controller, should always be for shooting...it's just awkward as hell and I always throw my tacticals instead of ADS and die because of it lol I'd still play online shooters on Xbox over the PS if I had both just on the controller alone.

I just picked up a few episodes of the first season of Telltales The Walking Dead. Playing one story the most logical way possible when it comes to decision making (and I save all the female characters when given a chance because Lee's a player, so it's logical to do so bow chika wow wow!), and playing another story where I'm a dick to everyone except Clementine and even to her there is tons of tough love, enough she'll surely grow up to be one of thoee girls with crazy dady issues. If I play a third story line I think I will do it like Lee is bi-polar and just flip flop back and forth, switching sides, double talk, lie, cheat and steal but then do super nice things for people in the midst of it all like a stormy cloud day magically became a sunny shine-shine day! Also, I'm enjoying the way these games are made but all I can think about when it comes to video games and The Walking Dead is...can we get a Walking Dead (or solid zombie title) in the vein of Fallout 3? A massive, open world, open ended zombie game where day-to-day survival is kind of what you make it and you can be as good or evil as you want. Dead Island was kind of alright in that respect but still very constrained in it's world and especially in the decision you can make.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The strangest thing; whenever I see Matt make outlandish claims like the Gamecube controller thing I usually end up hitting my friends up for a smoke session.

I wonder what the correlation is

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The strangest thing; whenever I see Matt make outlandish claims like the Gamecube controller thing I usually end up hitting my friends up for a smoke session.

I wonder what the correlation is

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I do enjoy playing the contrarian...then again, in most respects I'm a born contrarian lol

I didn't mean pressing all four buttons at once. I meant that by leaving your finger on the big green A button with the tip just over the edge, you could efficiently hut any of the other three buttons simply by tilting/shifting your thumb, unlike Xbox and PS controllers are designed basically so you have to actually move the thumb button to button, raising it, lowering it, ad infinitum. Playing NHL 04 on that system was a dream, absolutely effortless. And as for the hands, I have pretty small hands which might explain why the gamecube controller was so smooth for me. I cannot stand the PS2/3 (assuming PS4 didn't re-invent their controller scheme) analog sticks on those controllers, it's very awkward for me to play shooters on a PS because of them...and why in the heck do they have the triggers set up on Call of Duty the way they do. R1 shoots? wtf is up with that? The bottom triggers, which actually feel like triggers on the Xbox controller, should always be for shooting...it's just awkward as hell and I always throw my tacticals instead of ADS and die because of it lol I'd still play online shooters on Xbox over the PS if I had both just on the controller alone.
    Oh, okay. I gotcha. I can actually rotate my thumb on a PS3 controller to press the square and X, X and O, and triangle and O.

I've never had a problem with the analog sticks being on the same plane on the Playstation controller. Also, you can change the layout if you want and make R2 shoot instead of R1. I have no problem with R1 being the trigger either. I've been playing FPS games since the PS1 and the R1 button was always the trigger. That goes back to way before Call of Duty.

For what it's worth, the new PS4 controller has a more "trigger-like" R2 button.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was the same way. There really isn't any controller I haven't used in my lifetime. I used the N64 controller totally wrong (held it on the outsides, where everyone else held in the middle...but then it was a bitch to hit your left bumpers and d-pad) and everyone told me I was fucked for using it that way...yet who always won at Goldeneye? This guy. Loved the Dreamcast controller too, it was bulky but very comfortable in the hands. Not sure if Sony fixed it but I always felt their handles were a little short (and I have small hands), then again, I've never liked having four fingers on the bumpers/triggers which is how I assume most people play but I'm not really sure. I didn't get a Playstation until around 98/99 when the PSone's came out (had the attachable screen which was the greatest thing in the world) so it was the trigger button on this thing which got me too used to using a trigger like design, not to mention all the endless hours of Medal of Honour on the Wii before I bought a 360. The triggers on the Sony controllers were so bulky and I couldn't squeeze the trigger so much as pull it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait a second. Are you telling me you had a PS1 with the LCD combo? That's awesome. I always wanted one of those. They are actually pretty rare. Do you still have it?

Also, I love the Dreamcast controller. The PS4 actually did extend the handles. They aren't as short anymore.

Not to change the subject, but am I the only guy here who plays inverted? Just the up and down (I press down to aim up and up to aim down) not the left and right. All my friends think I'm weird, it's just how my brain works I guess.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have the screen but it doesn't work. That combo was a beauty for vacations because all I needed was a power plug, I could also plug DVD players and even watch TV on it through a VCR. If it still worked I could use it to play my xbox on with regular A/V cables lol. My laser fucked up a few years back, it jammed and even once I got it lose would no longer move to read discs. I also have a Commodore screen that I used as my playstation TV for years...I've even played stuff like Fallout3 on it and though it's not high def, it's looks fucking great for a screen from the 80's.

I always play inverted. I don't understand how people CAN'T. It's the most natural way. Don't worry man, everyone else is fucked, we're totally normal. It's supposed to be your head and if you put your hand on the back of your head and pull down, your head goes up, push up and your head goes down. It's natural as hell.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh. I just realized that I play inverted for FPS, but standard for 3D-Platformers. Don't know why my brain works that way.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally playing GTA 5. I'm too accurate in shooters so in GTA a lot of people suffer the consequences, if only I had a PVR to record the amount of time I can stay alive with the cops chasing me. In GTA 4 I went almost an hour with no cheats. To quote NWA, 'fuck the pohlice!'

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have the screen but it doesn't work. That combo was a beauty for vacations because all I needed was a power plug, I could also plug DVD players and even watch TV on it through a VCR. If it still worked I could use it to play my xbox on with regular A/V cables lol. My laser fucked up a few years back, it jammed and even once I got it lose would no longer move to read discs. I also have a Commodore screen that I used as my playstation TV for years...I've even played stuff like Fallout3 on it and though it's not high def, it's looks fucking great for a screen from the 80's.

I always play inverted. I don't understand how people CAN'T. It's the most natural way. Don't worry man, everyone else is fucked, we're totally normal. It's supposed to be your head and if you put your hand on the back of your head and pull down, your head goes up, push up and your head goes down. It's natural as hell.
    Yeah, that PS1 combo unit had a lot of problems. The LCD is very hard to find in working order. The laser is something that is common to be broken in a lot of disc based systems.

I'm shocked and elated to see so many inverted players here.

One last thing, GTA5 is a dream. I'm also very accurate and in GTA it's very dangerous. Let me ask you this, what kind of dot do you use when shooting a gun? I ask this because everybody I know uses the default which is just a dot. I feel the dot tends to blend in with the background at times. You can actually change it to a circle with a dot. I became that much more accurate in that game. Give it a try if you haven't already. I'm pretty sure you will prefer it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 321 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 ... LastLast