1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 321 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

When we're younger, we have the time but not the money for games. Now that we're older, we have the money but not the time. Wtf?

For every 5 games that I want to play, I'll probably only get to one of them

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    When we're younger, we have the time but not the money for games. Now that we're older, we have the money but not the time. Wtf?

So true, this is why I pick up games I want for all systems when I find them. I just bought Heavy Rain for the PS3 because it was a good price. When will I play it? No idea. The way I look at it is that I'm collecting as many great games for when I do have a chance to play them. I may be 80, but by damn I will get to them all. I do the same thing with books.

I was going to ask if anybody has played The Evil Within yet. I've been hearing a lot of good things and the word "Old School" keeps getting thrown around.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post

So true, this is why I pick up games I want for all systems when I find them. I just bought Heavy Rain for the PS3 because it was a good price. When will I play it? No idea. The way I look at it is that I'm collecting as many great games for when I do have a chance to play them. I may be 80, but by damn I will get to them all. I do the same thing with books.

I was going to ask if anybody has played The Evil Within yet. I've been hearing a lot of good things and the word "Old School" keeps getting thrown around.
    Old school is very appropriate. Limited resources, underpowered and fighting for your life. It is the sort of game that punishes you for getting comfortable, too. haha. I really had to lower the difficulty and only felt a tiny bit ashamed about it. All lower difficulty changes is the amount of ammo you find(and you still end up ammo fucked sometimes) and adds some minor auto aim. I think it is well worth getting if you like old school survival horror like the first few RE games. There is a lot of dying and figuring out what you are doing wrong and some enemies that are just too tough and you have no choice but to run. I love the game.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me know how Advanced Warfare is guys. If I'm hearing good things into the new year I might pick it up.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Let me know how Advanced Warfare is guys. If I'm hearing good things into the new year I might pick it up.
    Ditto.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I stopped playing COD after Black Ops II. Not because I hated the franchise, just that I have so many other story centric games I want to get to and COD eats up so much time.

Also, did I ever confess to you guys that I'm a hardcore Assassin's Creed fanboy? Well I am. I own every single game in the franchise (excluding portable titles). Can't wait to pick up Rogue this month.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Shit, I still badly need to catch up on the Assassin's Creed series. Still a long way from completing 2, really. Just too many games and not enough time.

Current game I'm super addicted to - total relapse into Tie Fighter. Haven't played it in 15 years, forgotten just how damn fucking brilliant it was. It's never enough to get just the primary objective - you always have to have at least one more go if you didn't get the secondary objective, as well. Especially great to play it on a PS3 controller. God bless gog.com for re-releasing these classics. Might get X-Wing as well, although that had less of the frustrating-yet-compelling experience from what I experienced with Tie Fighter and more of an experience designed to flat-out piss you off as much as possible. Who knows, I might be able to give it a 2nd chance, now.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I stopped playing COD after Black Ops II. Not because I hated the franchise, just that I have so many other story centric games I want to get to and COD eats up so much time.

Also, did I ever confess to you guys that I'm a hardcore Assassin's Creed fanboy? Well I am. I own every single game in the franchise (excluding portable titles). Can't wait to pick up Rogue this month.
    What about Unity? Or are you not into the MP side of things?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan on getting both, actually. I didn't realize they were being released so closely together!

I'm a big fat cash cow. Milk me, Ubisoft. Milk me.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Since I’m perpetually 5 years behind in just about everything, I just started playing Batman Arkham City and Arkham Origins.

I kinda skipped Arkham Asylum.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's never too late to play the classics!

Asylum is a little different than the other two in that it's not open world in the traditional sense. It's a bit more focused. Still a great game.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I’ve enjoyed both games so far. I don’t really have much time for video games anymore and haven't played any newer games since GTA V.

They have a similar feel to the GTA games. I’m just glad that the little hints show up to remind me which buttons to push. I’m constantly hitting the wrong ones. It makes me feel old. I remember laughing at my dad when he couldn’t figure out how to play Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out on my NES.

Karma I guess…
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to find a copy of the first game to play again. I still own AC 2/Revelations/3 (thought Brotherhood kind of sucked in comparison while Revelations was the best in the series). Still haven't played Black Flag. I'm always behind on games.

After crushing FF9 and destroying Ozma in about four minutes, I'm on to FF7. Then Chrono Cross and FF8 and my nostalgia trip will be concluded. Then it's time for Dark Souls or Darksiders II

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, Ozma. Fucking Meteor casting bastard. Doesn't he love casting Doomsday too?

I had no idea you were a Darksiders fan. How much did you like the first one? Darksiders II wasn't the leap in quality I was expecting, but it's still a very entertaining hack n' slasher.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally was able to pull myself away from Dragon Age Inquisition long enough to say this. Dragon Age Inquisition is my game of the year and it rocks on so many levels. The story is great, the party members are interesting, the music is the best in the series and just might be the best all year. It may not scratch every single nostalgic itch, but it succeeds on nearly every single level. So play it especially if you are a dragon age fan. Just be sure to stop by at Dragon Age Keep website. Trust me.
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the first Dragon Age, but I haven't played it yet.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I never got into Dragon Age. Not because I didn't find it interesting, just never got around to it. I feel it might be a bit late at this point.

And also, I've decided to give myself a PS4 for Christmas this year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I never got into Dragon Age. Not because I didn't find it interesting, just never got around to it. I feel it might be a bit late at this point.

And also, I've decided to give myself a PS4 for Christmas this year.
    Na, it's never too late. We have to have something to do when we retire, don't we?

I bought Dragon Age for 5 bucks and figured I'd let it sit until I got around to it. Can't go wrong for 5 bucks. I'm currently playing through Dragon Warrior 7 on the PS1, so it's never too late to get into a game.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, Ozma. Fucking Meteor casting bastard. Doesn't he love casting Doomsday too?

I had no idea you were a Darksiders fan. How much did you like the first one? Darksiders II wasn't the leap in quality I was expecting, but it's still a very entertaining hack n' slasher.
    I never.played The.First Darksiders, but Xbox gave Darksiders 2 away.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Final Fantasy 13 has a pretty wicked storyline to it but it does start a little slow. It's not without it's faults as it's pretty on-rails for first 25 hours before it really opens up. There are parts of it I like in that you're constantly forced into certain two or three player parties so you have to always change your tactics. The battle system in FF13 is really awesome and fast paced, it reminded me a lot of Valkyrie Profile's fighting game style battle system. The achievements and getting 100% of the game are ridiculous and take way to long since there isn't much of an oppourtunity for grinding a good chunk of the game.

Final Fantasy 13-2 though is the best FF game they put out in awhile and the most unique. There are only two characters (the third is party monsters you get along the way) and both characters get a lot of time for development and are probably the most human characters they've ever made. The time travelling, alternate timeline plotline is so fun and provides a lot of really unique story and environment options. The game's villain is also the best developed which is a big deal since there hasn't been a good villain since Kuja. The battle system is even better with some beneficial improvements. The side quests are all really fun, as is manipulating the timeline and achieving all the different endings.

I heard Final Fantasy 13-3 was a real disappointment after 13-2, which is a shame since that game was so awesome. If I had to rank all the FF games I've played:

FF9
    FF13-2
    FF12
    FF7
    FF8
    FF13
    FFX

Though, I hated FFX so much there is a HUGE margin of difference between it and 13. FF13 is a solid 7/10. I traded it in because I knew I'd never replay it, but I was still satisfied I played it through.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, FF13 had the worst battle system of them all haha. Well it wasn't terrible per se, it just wasn't very engaging. When I think back on it what I remember most vividly is just tapping X repeatedly to win most of the battles. It was very kinetic and cinematic though, I will give it that.

FF13-2 is awesome. I think cutting the characters down to two only was improvement, from both functionality and narrative perspective. It's easier to micro manage your characters when there's only two to focus on, and the story was also much less convoluted.

Why don't you like FFX?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why don't you like FFX?
    Let me count the ways. Tidus is a bitch. Wakka is annoying as hell. Lulu had no character. Auron was a tour guide. Rikku was retarded. Yuna, well, she was okay, I guess. Seymour was the worst villain ever with the dumbest hair I've ever seen. All the costumes were awful. The voice acting was clunky and conversations took way to damn long, especially when Auron went on about what happened on some hill 2000 years ago. The music is complete ass aside from To Zanarkand a couple other select pieces. Blitzball was dumb. Controlling summons just got frustrating afterawhile. I could't get engaged in the plot. Sin was alright until all the dumb twists with what Sin was. The battle system was so bad going through dungeons and areas made me want to scratch my eyes out. In order to get everyone XP I have to switch them in and do something with them. And because some enemies could only be defeated by Wakka and STUPID BLITZBALL AS A WEAPON or by magic and swapping party members just slowed the battles right down. I was so frustrated by how much I disliked everything about the game aside from the graphics when I was fighting SIN while on an airship I died, shut off the PS2 and gave the game away. I still don't really know how it end, and I don't even care. I liked to imagine all the characters died horrible deaths but they made that sequel, which I heard was pretty decent, but the job system....*puts gun to temple*, I thought Final Fantasy was ruined forever.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tell me how you really feel Matt, lmao.

Yeah, Tidus was an annoying little shit. I will give you that. And yes, Wakka made me cringe every time he opened his mouth. But I loved art direction of that game, the dungeons were great and Auron is one of the most bad ass MF characters of the FF universe.

Sin is actually one of my favorite villains in a FF game. Everything from his conception to his character design was excellent.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Auron was that drunk uncle you always think wants to molest you.

On the flipside I could go on and on about FF9 and FF12 (which I never actually finished, despite the weeks and weeks I poured into it...I rented it ) and everything that made them great.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have made my views on the final fantasy series very clear so I wont go go over that again. What i will say is that Final Fantasy XIII is one of the most half assed so called rpg to ever blight the planet. It's a 25 hour hallway with whiny characters who repeat the same damn converations over and over again. The battle system is not a battle system when all you do is press the a button. The story is ludicrous and so full of plot holes you can drive a Death Star though them. And the crystariumis the worse leveling system I have ever seen in my life. Fuck this game. Fuck. This. Game.
    If you love me then love me..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 321 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 ... LastLast