1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 321 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigSchu22 View Post
    RE is like COD as in fast-paced action, plethora of weapons and ammo, etc. Part of playing games is the immersion. The new RE games don't really offer that immersion any longer, which is another way it's just like any other shooter out there.
    Oh hell in that case let's just label everything with guns and action soulless COD clones.

And immersion is subjective. I've been just as immersed in these titles as I have been in any of the others. I like these new titles more in certain aspects.

And they did go back to their roots with the RE5 DLC, which was very well received. Not to mention the upcoming 3DS game... so it can be successful, they're just choosing not to.
    The DLC is a one shot. And besides, it's only a few hours long to complete. It's more of a fan service than anything.

We - the fans - know that going back to the roots could be fruitful, but Capcom (unfortunately) doesn't believe so. Who knows, maybe in a few years if the series is still alive and kicking ... but for now, their focus will primarily be in TPS style action.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

My impression of KOA: Its a beautiful game, and I like the GOW styled combat. The color schemes are a nice contrast to the more subdued ones in Skyrim. However, there's much more to do in Skyrim aside from the plot related stuff. I don't think I've done too much plot related in Skyrim; I've been running around the mountains shooting fireballs at everything with 2-4 legs that I can find.

I'd like a return to formual for Resident Evil as well, but I would be lying if I said that the gameplay and enemy designs in 4 and 5 weren't good. The only one I didn't care for were the Reapers in 5. If they ever do another port of RE4, some extra content about the discovery of the Las Plagas by Salazar, and his family's history with the region, would be great.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And RE6 will be the Black Ops II.

In all honesty, even though RE as a franchise is a sinking ship, I'm going down with it. I haven't played an RE game I didn't love, and I'll continue playing them until they stop making them.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably buy RE6 because I'm such a fan of RE, I'm just disappointed by the direction the series has taken. I mean, it's fine if they want to make an action game in the RE universe (there are already plenty), but why not have a traditional RE game in addition to all the other RE rail shooters and other games. Capcom even admitted that RE was an action franchise now.

And yes, you can compare a lot of games to COD clones now, just about every franchise has dumbed down this way, not to say that COD isn't fun, but Dead Space 2 was much more action oriented than 1. Mass Effect 2 was more action oriented than 1, but still had some mini game and puzzle elements. ME3 has no puzzles or mini games at all and no inventory! Crysis 2 went from a hugely open world to a completely linear model. It's just annoying that every single game now has to become an action packed shooter. Even Diablo 3, which is a completely different style, is completely dumbed down compared to 2... just look at the countless forums on battle.net.
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The developers aren't entirely to blame though. Us players/consumers need to shoulder a bit of the blame. I visit a lot of gaming forums and I see a rising trend of users that Gamefly (the video game eqvuivalent of Netflix) essentially every title that isn't a CoD-esque game.

Most recent example I can think of : Rayman Origins. One of the most underrated, titles this generation. Gorgeous 2D side scroller with amazing, amazing art direction. It's an extremely gorgeous game and very fun to play. The only problem? It's dismal sales. In order for developers to create new IP's and stray from the CoD formula we as players need to speak with our wallets.

Think about it. I can envision a high exec conversation going something like “Well, we can make a fresh new IP and lose millions of dollars because the gamers won’t buy it, or we can just make a generic FPS and make double the profit”. We WANT different genres, we WANT bold new directions, but we don't support those ideas with our money on those rare chances that developers do step outside of the box.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

My husband just got Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition. It's installing right now...

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The developers aren't entirely to blame though. Us players/consumers need to shoulder a bit of the blame. I visit a lot of gaming forums and I see a rising trend of users that Gamefly (the video game eqvuivalent of Netflix) essentially every title that isn't a CoD-esque game.

Most recent example I can think of : Rayman Origins. One of the most underrated, titles this generation. Gorgeous 2D side scroller with amazing, amazing art direction. It's an extremely gorgeous game and very fun to play. The only problem? It's dismal sales. In order for developers to create new IP's and stray from the CoD formula we as players need to speak with our wallets.

Think about it. I can envision a high exec conversation going something like “Well, we can make a fresh new IP and lose millions of dollars because the gamers won’t buy it, or we can just make a generic FPS and make double the profit”. We WANT different genres, we WANT bold new directions, but we don't support those ideas with our money on those rare chances that developers do step outside of the box.
    Unfortunately, you're exactly right. Cracked.com has a great article on the same kind of dumbing down in Hollywood and we are largely to blame for that as well. Rayman is a great franchise as well, good point. I try to support the great indie games, like Amnesia, Penumbra, and a few of the others.

Game developers are a business first, with the exception of a very few companies, and the market research and sales drive a lot of the development. Until more of us protest with our wallets, we're doomed to play the same dumbed down crap. I complain because I wish that developers created for the sake of their art and for the fans, but it's simply not the case anymore. Bioware is pretty good at taking fan criticism into account. As bad as Dragon Age II was, they did incorporate a lot of fan desires/wishes.
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigSchu22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Unfortunately, you're exactly right. Cracked.com has a great article on the same kind of dumbing down in Hollywood and we are largely to blame for that as well. Rayman is a great franchise as well, good point. I try to support the great indie games, like Amnesia, Penumbra, and a few of the others.

Game developers are a business first, with the exception of a very few companies, and the market research and sales drive a lot of the development. Until more of us protest with our wallets, we're doomed to play the same dumbed down crap. I complain because I wish that developers created for the sake of their art and for the fans, but it's simply not the case anymore. Bioware is pretty good at taking fan criticism into account. As bad as Dragon Age II was, they did incorporate a lot of fan desires/wishes.
    I loved Dragon Age II. I have played through it twice and likely will again. It has a wonderfully cinematic feel to it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This game looks amazing.

http://youtu.be/kbLOokeC3VU
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This game looks amazing.

YES! That game looks amazing. Naughty Dog makes very cinematic games with extreme attention to detail.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This game looks amazing.

Have you noticed what my PSN avatar is yet ?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, what's up with this game? From the commercials, it looks like this game has some horror or supernatural elements to it.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Whoa. I might need to look into that one.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

That looks awesome!! Meanwhile, I just finished Lego: Indiana Jones... which makes me feel like a complete wimp compared to that Spec Ops image. lol

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

QUESTION - Has anyone actually seen Mario and/or Luigi do ANY plumbing of ANY kind? How the heck are they still in business?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

It depends on what kind of plumbing you speak of.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*suddenly wonders if Hannah's been spending her away time on 4chan*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I haven't been there, but I feel like I may have to now.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so sorry.

*buys Ajax and Brillo to scrub Hannah's brain clean again*

If you really want to know...just imagine visual representations of the worst conversations between, Todd, Mel, and Farg, etc.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Amused

Oh dear. I don't think I could take any more entire conversations about fisting. It's bad enough that I have to listen to the girls at work talk about Fifty Shades of Gray all day long.

But, back on topic, I have a whole theory about how the Princess likes to be kidnapped and is banging Bowser on the side. (Yep, I said banging.)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    But, back on topic, I have a whole theory about how the Princess likes to be kidnapped and is banging Bowser on the side. (Yep, I said banging.)
    Oh, this ought to be good! Spill!

My Mood
    Amused

There's several pieces of evidence that fit this theory:

1. She's constantly being kidnapped. At this point, don't you think she would have had the good sense to take some measures to protect herself? How often do you have to be kidnapped by the same dude before you get yourself some sort of protection? The answer is that she's planning the kidnappings herself because she wants some strange.

Princess: Bake Mario a cake for his birthday big enough to hide Bowser in--I mean big enough for the whole castle to have a piece!

2. She doesn't seem to really want to be rescued a lot of the time. I mean she throws out a few "help me's" from time to time whenever Mario runs into her, but obviously she's not too distressed. It's because she's enjoying the time she has with Bowser before Mario comes and rescues her once again.

3. The most damning evidence of all: Who do you think is popping out all those baby-bowsers? The average time period before Mario and Luigi and pals are able to finally rescue the Princess is usually between 8-9 months, coincidentally the gestation period of a human-lizard baby.

Hmmm....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Video games are much more interesting in Hannah's world.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

, I can see you've put a lot of thought into it. Now that you spell it out like that, the evidence is pretty compelling.

One other thing that I'd like to mention - the whole "The Princess is in another castle" bit! A clever deception by Bowser, or a nefarious scheme by Peach to spend more time with her lover?

My Mood
    Amused

Not to mention the letters that she sometimes sends him with extra men and stuff in them. It's because she feels guilty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 321 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 ... LastLast