1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 321 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    So I'm playing Arkham Asylum, and I have to say that I love Detective Mode, but that flashing light that occurs whenever you switch between regular vision and DM drives me nuts. My eyes are very sensitive to sudden flashes like that, and I'm pretty sure my headache yesterday was due to that. Still , no pain - no game, right ?
    That's too bad, man. It could be worse though - you could be playing Armored Core 4, which is nothing but flashes and frenetic imagery.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    FFXI / Ifrit / Mikhaila
    Woof, are you a FFXI player?

If so,
    . did you raid?
    . If so,
    . how did you feel about the ridiculously long boss fights?
    I have not done a raid. Believe it or not, I play mostly solo. I've done campaigns, and the thing that goes down in Aht... assault? I know, lame of me.

My strength lies in my soloing skills:

BST 72
    DNC 37
    WHM 37
    THF 35
    NIN 35

I also have RDM, BLM, WAR in 20s.

Since I do play solo mostly, I thought I would post here and maybe have some folks to group with beyond my RL friends and linkshell friends.

Sorry... that was mostly lost on me. I should have said this earlier; I'm not a FFXI player. I have just heard that they're thinking of (have already?) decreasing the time it takes to kill bosses. Apparently it was taking in the double-digits of hours.
    ROFL. I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I quoted it anyway, though, in case someone who does play sees the contact info for grouping.

Yes, a lot of the big bosses can take insane amounts of time. Linkshells (sort of like guilds or associations) have been formed just to take on bosses and end game quests. I'm very lucky that I have some RL friends who play, are very good at it, and who love to help me wipe out the quests where groups are required.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Arrrg! Call of Duty 2 is driving me nuts!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Arrrg! Call of Duty 2 is driving me nuts!!
    John, do you Modern Warfare2?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I am in love with Arkham Asylum. I never want it to end. That is all.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

doing a replay of mgs 4 since my friend took his mw2 back been so long, i have forgotten how to truly be stealthly, hence i just shoot a bunch of bad guys and run around
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to start MGS4 as soon as I finish Arkham Asylum, so expect to see a Solid Snake theme soon

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    doing a replay of mgs 4 since my friend took his mw2 back been so long, i have forgotten how to truly be stealthly, hence i just shoot a bunch of bad guys and run around
    I loved playing MGS4. But OMG was doing a no alert play through hard as hell. I was talking to a friend during the summer about the game and he said that he got every single metal/ badge, Now that is crazy.

Country
    Country Flag

some people are just gifted at being patient and stealthy. i can be, if i really want to be....but i generally lean towards shooting people, don't really care how it's done lol.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite levels in shooting games are sniper levels. Nothing like being able to hide and blow someones head off. I've noticed I tend to use a sniper rifle more when I play Borderlands.

My Mood
    Gay

I tend to suck with my barrett on MW2. I think the best sniping map there is the Estate map, mostly on the second floor of C in Domination.

Also, on the derail map - good sniping there... but still, I tend to need two shots. I guess I'm not holding steady enough.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can only snipe on GoW, on CoD i was awful at sniping.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I passed Arkham Asylum last night ...

Spoiler:
    I didn't really like the last battle ... all you did was fight a bunch of Joker's goons, the Joker himself was only like %15 of the final fight. :/

Still an amazing game though.

Moving on to Metal Gear Solid 4 today

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I passed Arkham Asylum last night ...

Spoiler:
    I didn't really like the last battle ... all you did was fight a bunch of Joker's goons, the Joker himself was only like %15 of the final fight. :/

Still an amazing game though.

Moving on to Metal Gear Solid 4 today
    Feev, the last bit, who was holding onto the canister? [SPOIL]Killer Croc or Scarecrow? On my it was Scarecrow, on my mates which he downloaded from the internet it was Croc.[/SPOIL]

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mark -

Spoiler:
    For me, it was Scarecrow at the end holding the canister , but my brother passed it just a few days ago and he said that for him it was Croc. I wonder if your performance in the game has any impact what so ever ?

Country
    Country Flag

Having not played it for a while, I can't remember if there are any choices in the game, I thought it was pretty linear if you get me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I meant in terms of Riddler Trophies found, Challenges beaten, character trophies unlocked etc.

Country
    Country Flag

sniping on MW2 is best done (IMO) at underpass, estate, highrise, derail, afghan, and sometimes wasteland and quarry.

and for me, the thermal scope is a ridiculously awesome add-on
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Country
    Country Flag

OMG FUCK Bethesda Softworks and their inferior version of Fallout 3 GOTY for the PS3. This PIECE OF CRAP "game" FUCKING froze on me when I tried to take the GOATS test 10 minutes into it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I dropped my first nuke in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Feels good. I never thought I would be able to do it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Gay

25 kills without a death !!! Wow !! That's awesome.

I haven't got the thermal scope for my sniper rifle yet.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Im not a big fan of sniper rifles, much prefer the light machine guns!

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, me, too, for sure. LMG is my preferred gun now.

Oh, and I just finished reading a great review of Mass Effect 2 - and how wonderful it is, and how they gave it 4 stars out of 4 .... and how it's only available for the X360 and PC!! Bahstids!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    25 kills without a death !!! Wow !! That's awesome.

I haven't got the thermal scope for my sniper rifle yet.
    Thanks, but the whole nuke thing is a little misleading.

I basically just got 7 kills without dying. This got me my harriers. I found a nice place to hide and call them in.

My harriers got me 4 kills which got me my chopper gunner. With chopper gunner it was pretty much all over. As long as you're lucky. The people I was playing against didn't have cold blooded on and they were all running around outside instead of hiding inside.

Nobody shot me down and the rest was history.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

13 days til Bioshock 2 !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 321 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast