1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 321 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Oh, something else I forgot to mention in my previous post: Holy shit, I really want the new Tomb Raider game!

Oh, also, if anyone wants to add me on xbox live my tag is polkacore
    Anybody else have any interest in the new Tomb Raider game? Tomb Raider II was the first game I ever got for my PS1, but I haven't been into the series since. Let me know how it is.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm keen to check it out myself. If anyone plays it and it's actually good, let us know.

Oh, and has anyone heard of Baldur's Gate II: Redux? It's basically going to be the original game, but with the Dragon Age engine. Now, I've never been able to complete it, but I do love everything I've played of botht the first 2 games. Always a bitch to complete, but still awesome.

Btw, why I'm excited about this game: a cinematic of a major scene early on in the game:

For reference, here's the original:
    Spoiler:
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The first character I played through Skyrim with was a Wood Elf Archer/Thief.
    Yeah man, that's what I am! Bosmer all the waaaaay!!

I recently started over with an Orc who is heavy armor and 2-handers. I am only playing it when I am bored with/tired of other stuff, though since I am replaying through a bunch of stuff I have already done.
    I always did that combo, I miss bashing the crap out of people

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I think it's because of the whole Skyrim debacle that became public knowledge, but Bethesda has really stepped up with their bug fixing.
    Well, it's odd...there used to be a notorious glitch on the Vermina/Skull of Corruption quest, that they bought out an Xbox fix for as part of an update. On my other profile it's fine, but on my current save file on a different profile it won't work. Do you reckon it's affected by how much information you store on particular save files? Like, I've got two different characters with hours of gameplay on the same save menu and profile, the oldest one had no glitches but the new one does. Maybe I should delete one?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Oh, and has anyone heard of Baldur's Gate II: Redux? It's basically going to be the original game, but with the Dragon Age engine.
    Ahhhh! Riiight!! The barman and I at my local were having a very drunken discussion about Skyrim on Friday night and he mentioned Dragon Age and I totally forgot the rest of what he said - maybe it was this. Cool, I'll check it out for sure when it's released

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

One thing that's amazed me about BGII:Redux is that it's entirely fan made. If that cinematic is anything to go by though, it's clear the modders have a lot of love for the original game. I'm looking forward to it so much, it was the final excuse I needed to get Dragon Age for PC instead of PS3.

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Like, I've got two different characters with hours of gameplay on the same save menu and profile, the oldest one had no glitches but the new one does. Maybe I should delete one?
    Hmm .. I think saves only become a problem if you have multiple save files for one particular character. However, I do know that they become a lot more difficult for the consoles to handle once they exceed 13 mb's. If your old character's save file is bigger than 13 mb's and you have no plans to revisit it, I'd suggest deleting it to see if it improves performance.

Oh! And do you have the auto save function on? I know that really make things screwy.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh! And do you have the auto save function on? I know that really make things screwy.
    Aha! Good shout, I do and I shall remedy that immediately

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Hey, feev, ever thought it might be time to start PC Gaming?

http://www.lordsoffootball.com/en/lo...-football.html
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, feev, ever thought it might be time to start PC Gaming?

http://www.lordsoffootball.com/en/lo...-football.html
    I would love to as I recognize PC as THE superior gaming machine, but in all honesty I'm too lazy to constantly upgrade all of the hardware necessary to run the games at optimum level .. a console is just so much more convenient

That does look tempting though ...

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    BioShock Infinite. All of my feels.
    (Spoiler free)

Bioshock Infinite is fucking amazing. The only con I can think of is that you can only carry two weapons at a time ...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Resident Evil 6 is such a god awful game.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lmao, what a tool.

Is Microsoft trying to screw their next gen console up? The always online thing, then the rumors that they won't allow used games to be played on the console. Wtf are they doing?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Passed Bioshock Infinite last week. Amazing. Simply amazing. I'm still wrestling with whether or not I like it better than the first Bioshock. It's that good.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Was it me, or did the graphics seem better in 5? The lack of in-game files really hurt. For a story of RE6's scope, it seems like the files would've been needed to explain what faction is what and why they wanted the viruses.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Was it me, or did the graphics seem better in 5? The lack of in-game files really hurt. For a story of RE6's scope, it seems like the files would've been needed to explain what faction is what and why they wanted the viruses.
    Yeap, the graphics in 5 were much better. At least 5 had faint vestiges of RE roots with the in game files, RE6 just said 'fuck it, let's go for balls to the wall action'.

It still saddens me that we will in all likelihood never again see a 'proper' RE game.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Passed Bioshock Infinite last week. Amazing. Simply amazing. I'm still wrestling with whether or not I like it better than the first Bioshock. It's that good.
    First was overrated. Until Infinite, I preferred the second over the first. found it to be better not only in gameplay, but also in story, character development, graphics, and stability.
    Nah you tripping dawg. I will always remember the first time I played Bioshock. It just blew me away with it's ambitious approach to narrative. The WYK twist made me blow up in my pants. The second does have slightly better gameplay, I'll give you that. Even then it's only minor refinements to the existing formula.

LOL

I love that the official story is that he 'resigned'. We all know MS fired his ass.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Bioshock Infinite theme Feev.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks my boy

Have you played it yet?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like you liked Infinite a lot. I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm still finishing up Assassin's Creed 3. I have quite a back log too. Dead Space 3, Sly 4 and Ratchet 2 & 3. Since I've already played the Ratchet games on the PS2, I will wait until last to play those. Besides Infinite, I have to get my hands on the new God of War game. Time and money, man. There's not enough of either.

I'm also spending far too much of my time playing MW3. It's more of a social exercise at this point.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Looks like you liked Infinite a lot. I'm looking forward to playing it.
    It's an amazing game. I passed it last weekend and I already started 1999 mode (akin to Very Hard mode) and I'm loving the challenge.

The shooting mechanics aren't revolutionary - it's basically a reworked Bioshock 1/2 system - but it's such a fascinating, well told sci fi story. It achieves what very few games manage to achieve with it's narrative, which is for the player to keep pondering it long after the credits have rolled.

Honestly, when all is said and done, it will probably end up being one of my favorite games of this generation.

I'm still finishing up Assassin's Creed 3. I have quite a back log too. Dead Space 3, Sly 4 and Ratchet 2 & 3. Since I've already played the Ratchet games on the PS2, I will wait until last to play those. Besides Infinite, I have to get my hands on the new God of War game. Time and money, man. There's not enough of either.
    Yeap, time and money is what's fucking me up too.

My backlog right now consists of Dead Space 3, the Devil May Cry reboot, and God of War ascension. Gotta get all of those out of the way before The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V which I'm sure are going to DEVOUR my time.

I'm also spending far too much of my time playing MW3. It's more of a social exercise at this point.
    I know, you fuckers are always playing that. I would join you guys but out of all the MW games, MW3 is the one I suck the most at lol. And Black Ops II has grown on me. Brought my K/D ration up to 1.25

YES YES YES YES YES

I can't freakin' wait for this. Bethesda is going to knock it out of the ballpark. The creative director for that is the guy that did RE4 and I have a strong feeling he's going to serve up a delicious taste of survival horror.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In all honesty, one of my biggest problems with BO2 is they made it too accessible to the masses. What I mean by this is that it's very easy to get kills because of the way the maps are designed. Almost every map is made with a focal point where there are tons of mass battles. This leads to tons of killing/dying. I just feel there is less strategy involved in BO2 as opposed to MW3. In MW3 there are more flanking routes and more ways to predict the spawns.

BO2 just feels like a cluster fuck to me and that's when the game is running smoothly. In BO2 I can be on a nice killstreak and then get killed by the first guy I killed who literally spawned 4 feet in back of me. This is why my kd (and Andy and the rest of the guys we play with) is lower in BO2 than in any other COD game I've played.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my platinum (100% for you Xboxers) on Bioshock

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quality nice!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm like 1,000% sure you'd love that game James.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've played some of the first one. I liked it, thought it was pretty atmospheric, if a little bit too bonkers for my taste at times. How's Infinite, is that any better?

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 321 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 ... LastLast