1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 321 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 280 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Playing Red Dead Redemption. I forgot just how awesome this game was. Is it bad that I sometimes pretend I am Roland while playing it?
    If you love me then love me..

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Playing Red Dead Redemption. I forgot just how awesome this game was.
    Same here, Shawn. Just got back into it recently myself, and I can just get spend hours playing Poker on it alone. Wonderfully immersive stuff.

Is it bad that I sometimes pretend I am Roland while playing it?
    Nope.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here. I will pop in the game just to play Blackjack.
    In Digitized Remorse

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Red Dead Redemption is a phenomenal game. One of the best of this generation of consoles.

Speaking of which, Assassin's Creed 3 totally and shamelessly ripped off the hunting/skinning aspect of RDR

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinking of investing in Far Cry 3 - as someone who's only ever played Skyrim on the xbox - is it easy to get the hang of shooter games? - I suck at archery on Skyrim for instance, as it takes me forvever to aim.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not going to lie Lisa, FPS require a bit of skill and can take a while to get used to if you're not accustomed to playing them. Tackling the game from your characters' POV adds a completely different dynamic to the experience. The shooting mechanics are much tighter and as such require you to have fairly good aim. Your reaction time must be razor sharp. You can't see your immediate surroundings at all time like you would if the camera was above and behind so you have to have a good feel for your surroundings in case you're ambushed/overwhelmed.

Having said all of that however, developers in this generation of consoles have taken all of that into consideration and usually provide a 'story mode' which is equivalent to a 'very easy' mode for those that wish to experience the game but are daunted by playing FPS.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I am not sure if I like Resident Evil 6 or not. I got it for Christmas and started Leon's campaign. I enjoyed playing through the forest cemetary and cathedral; those areas reminded me of Resident Evil 3.5. I miss the files from the old games and the graphics seem to be rougher than Resident Evil 5's. The new B.O.W.'s look good, though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I refuse to spend money on Resident Evil 6.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I have heard mostly bad things about it from friends, so I haven't bothered.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Not going to lie Lisa, FPS require a bit of skill and can take a while to get used to if you're not accustomed to playing them. Tackling the game from your characters' POV adds a completely different dynamic to the experience. The shooting mechanics are much tighter and as such require you to have fairly good aim. Your reaction time must be razor sharp. You can't see your immediate surroundings at all time like you would if the camera was above and behind so you have to have a good feel for your surroundings in case you're ambushed/overwhelmed.

Having said all of that however, developers in this generation of consoles have taken all of that into consideration and usually provide a 'story mode' which is equivalent to a 'very easy' mode for those that wish to experience the game but are daunted by playing FPS.
    Maybe I'll practise on COD, we've got a few of those. I've been having archery only days on Skyrim to improve speed and aim - it's just one of those things that when you get the hang of it you can't remember not being able to do it

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I've beaten Leon and Jake's campaigns. Honestly, aside from bringing back Sherry...there wasn't much to the game. It wasn't as cinematic as Resident Evil 5, and the graphics were a stepdown from 5 imo. The enemies respawned constantly and prevented me from exploring the environments, which was something I enjoyed doing in the past games. Really, it felt a bit like an arcade game. I guess my interest in the series died with Wesker and Lord Spencer.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Found a used copy of of Borderlands GOTY and loving every minute of it. Those little midgets always freak me out.
    In Digitized Remorse

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Far Cry 3 is most assuredly amazing on every level. The sandbox style of the game is done very very good. I rank it up there in my top 5 games of the year. Speaking of which.

5. Assassin's Creed 3.
    4. Black Ops 2
    3. Far Cry 3
    2. Halo 4
    1 Mass Effect 3
    If you love me then love me..

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

5 Mass Effect 3
    4 Sleeping Dogs
    3 The Walking Dead
    2 Borderlands 2
    1 Dishonored
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

5. Assassin's Creed 3
    4. The Walking Dead
    3. Dishonored
    2. Mass Effect 3
    1. Borderlands 2

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well then Fernando, you'd be pleased at the game I bought yesterday...

- Melike

Not being able to read files on the events/B.O.W.'s/"The Family" of RE6 during the course of the campaigns is a bummer. It really robs the game of some atmosphere; makes it feel more generic than usual. I would've kept them in-game and left weapons upgrades as the bonus stuff you can unlock with the medallions.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I got RE6 for Christmas, but haven't had a chance to try it yet... so the they've increased focus on action even more so that 4 and 5? We already had a lengthy discussion of how the games used to be on here, I'm a huge RE fan, but... they got rid of even the little extras like files in-game now, I don't know. It hasn't felt like RE in a very long time, but at least RE 5 was pretty fun.
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

The atmosphere in some of the campaigns defintley hearken back to the old games; the enemies seem to continuously spawn though. So its like the game is sort of pushing you onward without really letting you enjoy the environments as much as the old games. It may just be the PS3, but I felt the graphics for RE5 (PS3) were better. In order to really get why everything's happening, you have to find medallions. After you finish a campaign, you can go back in read files explaining everything. That bothered me more than the action focus.

The virus they have is pretty cool, though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm 145 hours into Borderlands 2. I decided to go for the platinum (I'm at 64%) which will probably tack on at least another 10 hours of gameplay.

I don't care though, I freaking love this game.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

VERY understandable, my friend. Started playing it a couple of weeks ago, and yep, it's pretty fucking addictive. Not that I've been able to play it recently, what with studying 'n all. But yeah, after next week, I'm totally gonna waste some time on that baby!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If I see you playing it online I'll jump on and play your file with you.

The more people you have playing with you, the better the loot! Tougher enemies too.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome! Yeah, I've heard it's a lot more fun in co-op mode than it is single player, which I've been itching to try out.

- Melike

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I finally finished Mass Effect 3, after starting the trilogy in 2008....

I didn't hate the ending.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like the ending at first, way too many loose ends ... but the extended cut(s) fixed most of them. As it stands, I'm perfectly content with the ending.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 321 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 280 ... LastLast