• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 321 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Are the Assassin's Creed games good anymore? Black Flag was so amazing, and after hearing the few games after Black Flag were pretty middling, I decided not to tarnish the franchise if it's gone off the rails. They're pumping out the games so quick, I can't imagine the quality is consistent.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Are the Assassin's Creed games good anymore? Black Flag was so amazing, and after hearing the few games after Black Flag were pretty middling, I decided not to tarnish the franchise if it's gone off the rails. They're pumping out the games so quick, I can't imagine the quality is consistent.
    I'm biased because I love the series so much, but yes. There has never been a bad AC game for me. I love all the lore and story (the Isu, the Assassins, the Templars, it's so engrossing). In fact, with Origins last year they kinda rebooted the franchise, while still being a continuation of the storyline. And Origins was very successful critically and with fans. I'm playing it now, in fact, and it is beautiful and the story is great. Odyssey is looking to be an even bigger improvement. Can't wait till next year when all the story elements (stupid episodic DLCs) are released so I can buy the complete edition.

So, if you played the series up until Black Flag, and it's been a while, I'd suggest picking up the rest of the series (they're often on sale for $7-9 bucks each) to get all that yummy lore, even if potentially it's the samey gameplay that was putting you off (which was never the case for me, personally). And then look for a good sale on Origins (there was a pretty good one for Black Friday) and dive in. Walking around Ancient Egypt is magical. (Well, technically, it's not the ancient Ancient Egypt, but that's a whole different topic.)

There are only three main titles after Black Flag: Rogue, Unity, and Syndicate, and I think each offers something really unique to the series. Unity in particular was beautiful and fun to co-op with a friend, if you're into that. I also have the AC Chronicles series, a fun platformer with more lore and story, which is always nice. Easy to play and looks really pretty too! I even played (or watched) most of the various mobile games. Yes, I am obsessed, I can admit it

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never had a problem with AC's gameplay, I think they are all fantastic in their own way. Love collectibles, side missions, I'm a big fan of how they do open world.

My problem is with their story. It's become increasingly clear Ubisoft is milking this series for everything its worth. Feels like each iteration offers less and less of the current timeline to the point where ideas that could fit in one game are stretched over 2 or 3. A far cry from the compelling Desmond story.

I made it as far as Unity before I had to throw in the towel. Haven't done Syndicate, Origins or Odyssey, as much as it pains me...

Mae - how is Odyssey different from other AC titles, game play wise?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't have Odyssey yet so if you meant Origins, it's pretty different but similar, too. It's different in that you're not an Assassin (even though there is still stealth and you can take out people, essentially assassinate as before). The major difference I think is not even in the new combat system, but just the RPG aspects of the game. It plays like an RPG set in Ancient Egypt, and not an Assassin's Creed game. Although there are certainly lots of main AC features, too. Odyssey expands on that with being able to select your character's gender (although the female version is canon) and having dialogue trees and thus different outcomes. I'm very excited to play it once it's complete. I was a huge fan of the Desmond storyline, too, but that story is done. There are modern-day sections in Origins and Odyssey (not a spoiler, it's an AC game after all), but I like that they're no longer a major focus. The historical story has always been the focus anyway. The modern-day is told really well in the official comics, so maybe in a few years they could incorporate that stuff into a game or series of games, because all of it is canon, too.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Idk dude, for me the modern timeline has always been equally as important. It gives context to the actions of the past. Otherwise it's just a pirate simulator. I almost think that the modern timeline has become a burden to Ubisoft.

I am intrigued by the purported RPG elements tho.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

God of War won Game of the Year over Red Dead 2 and Assassin's Creed.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I got Read Dead Redemption 2 for Christmas and have been playing it for at least a couple hours almost every single day since then. I'm only through chapter 2 of the main story-line because there are so many other little side missions to do. The game is amazing so far but very addictive. Just last night I loaded it up thinking to myself "I just want to do this one quick thing, then I'll go to bed." Yea... 2 hours later I was still going.

Every single time I play I'll set a marker to go do something and then I'll have a dozen other things pop up on my way there that I have to take care of.

I figure at the rate I'm going, I'll be done with the game sometime this summer.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m also on chapter 2 of RDR2, though I took a brief hiatus while I went after my backlog. Speaking of, Detroit: Become Human...if you’re into the Bladerunner films and the Walking Dead Telltale games, you will love this game. Don’t pay more than $20 bc it’s a little brief, but wow - incredibly engaging story

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I got Read Dead Redemption 2 for Christmas and have been playing it for at least a couple hours almost every single day since then. I'm only through chapter 2 of the main story-line because there are so many other little side missions to do. The game is amazing so far but very addictive. Just last night I loaded it up thinking to myself "I just want to do this one quick thing, then I'll go to bed." Yea... 2 hours later I was still going.

Every single time I play I'll set a marker to go do something and then I'll have a dozen other things pop up on my way there that I have to take care of.
    Dude, and it could be the most random shit. I was late to a party once because I was too busy grooming Arthur. That facial hair ain't gonna shave itself! LMAO

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started up Mafia III over the weekend and I'm really enjoying it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    I’m also on chapter 2 of RDR2, though I took a brief hiatus while I went after my backlog. Speaking of, Detroit: Become Human...if you’re into the Bladerunner films and the Walking Dead Telltale games, you will love this game. Don’t pay more than $20 bc it’s a little brief, but wow - incredibly engaging story
    My daughter got that game and was explaining it to me. Every time she gave me more details I just kept saying: "So it's basically Bladerunner?"

It also reminds me very much of the tv show Humans.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    My daughter got that game and was explaining it to me. Every time she gave me more details I just kept saying: "So it's basically Bladerunner?"

It also reminds me very much of the tv show Humans.
    Great show.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here have Resident Evil 5 for the PS4?

So I've been watching walk-through videos of RDR2 and came across this. This isn't the channel I've been watching because he decided to talk over the entire scene

Anyway, Rockstar really knocked this out of the park. It's not even the end of the game but it's coming close. The feels though...

Very minor spoilers for the storyline of the game.

Spoiler:

There's even one point where you try to call your horse (which you've literally bonded with through out the game) and a little message comes up that says "Your horse is lost."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Resident Evil 2
    Getting ready to start my second run-throughs. I'm not overly impressed as an A rank nets your nothing and the S/S+ ranks requirements are ridiculous.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I played and passed Celeste over the weekend. I can see why this little cutesy 8-bit gem was rubbing elbows with all the other GOTY contenders. Genius platformer with miles of heart.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bought my first ever PlayStation on Black Friday (lifelong nes and Xbox guy). Spider-Man was great even though my heart lays with the arkhams. But man have I loved the Uncharted series. Everyone told me 2 was the best - and I enjoyed it - but I really loved Uncharted 4. What a great experience. I loved the game, I loved the graphics, and the story was great. But my favorite part? Minimal on the busy bullshit. I liked having to refer to his journal but I LOVED that I didn’t have to repair things, didn’t have to craft things, didn’t have to cook food, didn’t have to shave or the other hundred menial tasks that newer games tend to favor. It was just the fun parts of video games without the responsibilities of making it real

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

First of all, congrats on the PS4! Welcome to the family. I have a couple recommendations if you want to hear em.

The Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted series are very, very different. RDR gambles on the players willingness to engage in immersion on an infinitesimal level, and UC is essentially a playable Indiana Jones movie.

I've been gaming since the NES days so I can appreciate both kinds of games on their own terms. Just depends what I'm on the mood for I guess. That's usually why I have 2+ games going at once - sometimes I want an on-the-rails type experience like say a first person shooter, other times I want something meatier like an open world RPG.

Country
    Country Flag

I straight up suck at the dual game thing. I beat one into the ground, then move on to the next. (Same with books - I guess I don’t have the mental capacity to sort two plots at once)

I got to chapter 2 of RDR - looks great on my X1X - but I’ll come back to it after knocking a few more off my backlog. I also have god of war and Last of Us waiting to be played before my ps4 vacation comes to a close and I return to Xbox. Am told those two are peak ps experience

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

...I also have god of war and Last of Us waiting to be played before my ps4 vacation comes to a close and I return to Xbox. Am told those two are peak ps experience
    Dude.

Those are two of the best gaming experiences of this generation, possibly ever. I'm supremely jealous that you get to experience those for the first time. God of War is all it's been hyped up to be, and The Last of Us is... well, let's just say there's a reason it's referred to in some circles as the Citizen Kane of gaming.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    ...I also have god of war and Last of Us waiting to be played before my ps4 vacation comes to a close and I return to Xbox. Am told those two are peak ps experience
    Dude.

Those are two of the best gaming experiences of this generation, possibly ever. I'm supremely jealous that you get to experience those for the first time. God of War is all it's been hyped up to be, and The Last of Us is... well, let's just say there's a reason it's referred to in some circles as the Citizen Kane of gaming.
    Yeah...that was by design you Sony Pony’s seem to love the shit out of those games. (Hats off to Naughty Dog btw...top shelf devs that I never really dealt with, but wow they’re good)
    This has been my PS4 exp:
    Spider-Man
    Detroit Become Human
    Uncharted 4
    Uncharted 1/2/3
    ...GoW and LoU are all I have left. I played the first 20 minutes of last of us and wow...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well if those are to be the only PS titles you end up playing, then you chose a fine selection from Sony's stable.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My bad, seems like I accidentally locked the thread yesterday.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    My bad, seems like I accidentally locked the thread yesterday.
    Was wondering what happened...since you’re a PS sage, you have any other stable worthy PS games I should consider? PlayStation exclusives only, but the only other people seem to suggest to me is Shadow of the Colossus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 321 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 ... LastLast