1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 321 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I’m very much a completionist which is why I got the Ultimate Edition with all the DLCs. I think I have to just do what seems right and see what happens. I would like to get as many companions as soon as possible. Speaking of which, another dilemma is selecting your party. I realize the point is to tailor the party for the mission and I love having Liliana since she can unlock things and apparently I could even eventually romance her, but I’m just loving the banter between Morrigan and Alistair too much. It’s too funny! And at least at this point Dog or Sten seem to be more useful than Al. So who were your go-to peeps normally?

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Yeah I’m very much a completionist which is why I got the Ultimate Edition with all the DLCs. I think I have to just do what seems right and see what happens. I would like to get as many companions as soon as possible. Speaking of which, another dilemma is selecting your party. I realize the point is to tailor the party for the mission and I love having Liliana since she can unlock things and apparently I could even eventually romance her, but I’m just loving the banter between Morrigan and Alistair too much. It’s too funny! And at least at this point Dog or Sten seem to be more useful than Al. So who were your go-to peeps normally?
    I absolutely agree in that you should just do what seems right to you/your warden and see what happens. Be careful over-googling, you don't want to give anything away. I think everyone should play Origins through one time without any research. After the fact, go back and make whatever choices fit your narrative, but the first time through, just play your Warden as you see her and be amazed at the kind of stuff that happens!

As far as my go-to party members, I prefer warrior playstyles, so I went with 2 handed warrior for my Warden, Alistair, Morrigan and Lelianna. However that changes frequently throughout the game, and I switched around, a LOT. But as far as the banter goes, Morrigan and Alistair are probably the best. Although there are some party members you meet down the road who are almost as funny.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to the Shadow of the Colossus reboot. Although I never did play it on PS2.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I have already over-Googled a tad... I'm usually careful about avoiding spoilers but oh well...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't think it's a reboot, just a remastering of the original title with current gaming technology. They might add a few extras like collectibles and trophies.

I don't mind it one bit. The original game is one of my all time favorite gaming experiences, reliving it with optimal graphics and mechanics sounds awesome.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for the remastered Shadow of the Colossus! I never did play the first one, but my husband assures me that I'll love it and usually he's not wrong when it comes to my taste in video games.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Don't think it's a reboot, just a remastering of the original title with current gaming technology. They might add a few extras like collectibles and trophies.

I don't mind it one bit. The original game is one of my all time favorite gaming experiences, reliving it with optimal graphics and mechanics sounds awesome.
    Ah, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I can't wait for the remastered Shadow of the Colossus! I never did play the first one, but my husband assures me that I'll love it and usually he's not wrong when it comes to my taste in video games.
    I've heard the same from folks who played the original.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I have already over-Googled a tad... I'm usually careful about avoiding spoilers but oh well...
    I did something really stupid when I started with the Dragon Age series....

I actually missed all of the games on their initial release. I used to be a fairly hardcore WoW player so all my free gaming time went into that. But in the past couple of years, I moved away from MMOs and have concentrated solely on console/computer single and coop player games. So, when Dragon Age Inquisition released, I was all like, omg, I think I will really like that game! I should try it! So I did, and had NO IDEA that it is directly related to the other games in the series and chronologically ordered 1-3. So I picked up Inquisition, absolutely LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT, finished it, and then started looking into the other games. That's when I found out all kinds of crazy connections, and went back to Origins to start from the beginning. Needless to say, I spoiled a ton of stuff by doing things out of order, but it was still awesome to go back and play them in order. It's amazing how vast the story is for Dragon Age and how well the games connect through the Dragon's Keep.

Luckily, you can play those games through multiple times and still see/hear/do things entirely different than the first (couple) play throughs. And this will be only my second play through of Origins. So it should be fun!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Let me know when you start, maybe we'll end up playing the same quests around the same time, and it would be cool to compare stats

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be finishing up ME3 tomorrow so if I have time I'll roll my toon and play my Origin tomorrow afternoon!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mass Effect 3?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mass Effect 3?
    Indeed. I have played through a couple times now, but just finished up what I considered to be my paragon definitive head canon play through.

I am not ashamed to admit that I basically cry during the entire last mission. Doesn't matter how many times I have done it. /tear

PS: Time to roll my next Warden!

Country
    Country Flag

Yay!

I do want to get into Mass Effect, but no idea when I'll have the time, not any time soon...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay!

I do want to get into Mass Effect, but no idea when I'll have the time, not any time soon...
    If you enjoy the Dragon Age games, I highly recommend Mass Effect. It's basically the same thing, except in space, with aliens and guns. Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite video games *ever*.

EDIT: OH! and Pablo, I just wanted to say, that if you are interested in Loghain's backstory (and Maric, King Cailan's father), I recommend the book "The Stolen Throne" by David Gaider. It's very well written and gives you an entirely different view of someone who is see as villainous in Origins. I have read all of Gaider's DA books and they are great companions to the games. Makes me sad, since he has since left Bioware and won't be contributing to Dragon Age IV when the time comes. :-(

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So I totally didn't play any Origins today. Instead I got caught up playing Call of Duty World War II. First boots on the ground CoD game in awhile and I'm freaking out by how much I'm enjoying playing. lol

Country
    Country Flag

I did the first two DLCs after Lothering, The Stone Prisoner (got Shale) and Solder's Peak (got the party storage chest) , and now started the Circle Tower main quest. And now I've got an all-girl party with Morrigan, Leliana, Wynne, and myself Very cool so far!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, so I finished up with Call of Duty WWII campaign, and tomorrow is N7 day (hopefully Bioware announces something fun, but I kinda doubt it) and my Horizon Zero Dawn expansion is released! WOOOOOOOO

But I swear, I'm gonna play some Origins in between all of that jazz!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm replaying the Bioshock collection (includes 1, 2, & Infinite).

I can't put into words how much I love Infinite. Probably in my top 10 favorite games of all time. Perfect marriage of art design, theme, narrative.

I 100%'d it on PS3, and I'm planning on doing the same for the PS4. I already passed it on 1999 (Very Hard) mode, and am doing one final clean-up playthrough to get those remaining trophies. After I finish the campaign this next time I would have played it through at least a dozen times, not kidding.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to play Bioshock, but the first time I ever tried playing the first game on computer, I couldn't handle the atmospheric horror aspect of the game. It's dark, you gotta sit right up close to your monitor to see anything, and you're constantly hearing the little sisters laughing somewhere in the dark. It seriously unnerved me. I keep telling myself that if I were to play it on the Playstation instead, I'd be better off, but I don't know. There is just something under-your-skin creepy about that game that I just couldn't shake and therefore couldn't finish.

I'm a total weenie, I know, but seriously. FARGIN' SCARY

Country
    Country Flag

It's been a while but I don't recall Bioshock Infinite being all that creepy. It was a very good game, indeed.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't played Infinite, but the first game, set in Rapture....creeped me the eff out.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes. Very creepy.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The first Bioshock was definitely creepy. That sense of dread exacerbated by the claustrophobic underwater setting.

Infinite trades in the eerie factor for a heavier sci-fi framework used to explore themes of jingoism, fate and redemption. It's also much more refined - mechanically speaking - than its predecessors.

All 3 together form a compelling trilogy of Ayn Rand'ish proportions. Yes, even the ill-maligned Bioshock 2 which did a few things better than the original. Can't say enough about em.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bioshock franchise is easily one of my favorite video game franchises ever. I just bought a Rapture t-shirt the other day. The first two games are just amazing. The atmosphere created is like nothing I've ever seen. It truly feels like you are in this living, breathing underwater society. The crazy thing about Bioshock is how they did a complete 180 and still were able to keep the vibe of the franchise the same. When I heard about Infinite, I thought it was a mistake. I could not have been more wrong.

Infinite is a visually breath-taking game that features one of the biggest head trip experiences you will find in a video game. It's a shame that Irrational Games folded, leaving the franchise in limbo.

I'm replaying the Bioshock collection (includes 1, 2, & Infinite).

I can't put into words how much I love Infinite. Probably in my top 10 favorite games of all time. Perfect marriage of art design, theme, narrative.

I 100%'d it on PS3, and I'm planning on doing the same for the PS4. I already passed it on 1999 (Very Hard) mode, and am doing one final clean-up playthrough to get those remaining trophies. After I finish the campaign this next time I would have played it through at least a dozen times, not kidding.
    We've talked about this before, but you're my hero for going for Bioshock plats. Not an easy feat.

I need to play Bioshock, but the first time I ever tried playing the first game on computer, I couldn't handle the atmospheric horror aspect of the game. It's dark, you gotta sit right up close to your monitor to see anything, and you're constantly hearing the little sisters laughing somewhere in the dark. It seriously unnerved me. I keep telling myself that if I were to play it on the Playstation instead, I'd be better off, but I don't know. There is just something under-your-skin creepy about that game that I just couldn't shake and therefore couldn't finish.

I'm a total weenie, I know, but seriously. FARGIN' SCARY
    That's what makes the first 2 games so unbelievable! They really are unsettling games. That said, you should jump into Infinite then. It's bright and features open environments, yet it still feels like Bioshock.

Here are a few of my friends by the way:

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I almost forgot. I wanted to share one of my favorite parts of Infinite. I remember stumbling upon this. You find little things like this throughout the game and it just makes the experience that much more special.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 321 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 ... LastLast