Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dark Tower Video Game?

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by LovesSweetExile View Post
    What? why would that be horrible? the fact that its a video game means its not meant to be taken seriously and to have a bit of fun, turning it into an RPG like fallout or bioshock would be the obvious predictable thing to do, however, turning into a beat em up with fatalities and babalities, i mean come on how funny would that be !

However, it might be cool if it were modeled after FF7....
    You think that it should essentially be a joke just because it's a videogame? I strongly disagree. Games can be a powerful storytelling medium, and I think The Dark Tower could make a fantastic, serious, adult RPG or action game. Something along the lines of BioShock or even Red Dead Redemption would be wonderful. If they were going to make a 'funny' fighting game as you suggest, I'd rather they not make one at all.

The thing that interests me most about the recent revelation that they're actually planning a Dark Tower game is the idea that it will draw upon elements from the books that were not used in the films. Perhaps the game(s) will have sections involving related King books like 'Salem's Lot, The Stand etc? A prequel side-story where you play as Callahan during the vampire infestation could make for terrific downloadable content...

Traveler michaelgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

could you imagine a red dead redemption type game it could start out with roland as a kid and work forward from there, you could literally include everything in the books it would make an epic game and i hope with the release of the movie and tv series they will make a game adaptation after all the lowly world of the hobbit and the lord of the rings have about 5 or 10 and i think we can all agree the dark tower would make a way mor epic game

Traveler Bryn Lucas is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

Well i see it being more of a Squaresoft "Final Fantasy" style game, turn based combat, evolving special moves, getting to play all the main characters. Now that would suit me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

I don't think a turn-based RPG would be a good fit for the material (or the people likely to be drawn in by the films). I hope they make it an intelligent but action-oriented game. The report says they're planning to incorporate material from the books not used by the films – perhaps The Wind Through the Keyhole could be used to pad out the game, even in the event that it's (understandably) chopped from the film series?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2