Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roseanne

12 37.50%
  • The Simpsons

20 62.50%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 1980s (Bracket 3)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 1980s (Bracket 3)

Roseanne
    vs.
    The Simpsons

Previously on BTVSAT:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Simpsons, mainly because I REALLY don't like Roseanne Barr.

John

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Roseanne.

Roseanne Barr could be annoying, but everyone else on that show was amazing. They did such a great job of capturing the essence of struggling working class life, in my opinion.

Plus I grew up wishing Sarah Gilbert/Darlene Conner was my girlfriend.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Roseanne!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Simpsons.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Simpsons. I really like Roseanne, but I own several of the Simpsons DVDs and watch them on a fairly regular basis.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This was a bit of a tough one but I had to go with Rosanne. I still watch the re-runs on TV all the time. Simpsons re-runs not so much. In fact, I couldn’t even say the last time I watched a full Simpsons episode.

That’s basically how I’ve been voting for this entire tourney. Which show would I want to watch more if I happen to come across them while flipping through the channels?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Roseanne. I can't believe the Simpson's has made it this far.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Simpsons

This was a tough one. I wish they could both move on. I loved Rosanne. And actually have been watching it quite a bit lately. It seems like every time I turn on the tv it's on

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Really? What surprises you about it? In fact, I'd be shocked had it already been voted out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The Simpsons

This was a tough one. I wish they could both move on. I loved Rosanne. And actually have been watching it quite a bit lately. It seems like every time I turn on the tv it's on
    TVLand plays something like 12 episodes a day, I think. haha. I love it. It is great TV for the middle of the night.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Why ? It's one of the most iconic shows of all time, animated or otherwise.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Simpsons!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Feev, I'm sorry. It's entertaining, and it's certainly popular, but I don't think it's THAT good. Maybe when it first came out it was certainly pushing the envelope about social issues (and i recognize the ambiguity in that phrase) nowadays it's corny. I will watch it if there's nothing else on, but that's about it. Again, this is only my opinion.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Roseanne.

Roseanne Barr could be annoying, but everyone else on that show was amazing. They did such a great job of capturing the essence of struggling working class life, in my opinion.

Plus I grew up wishing Sarah Gilbert/Darlene Conner was my girlfriend.
    Careful what you wish for: Darlene was a bitch. As character, though, I did love her, and the whole family. Why is it that there's so many beloved fat, opinionated comic actors, but people hate those qualities in actresses?

D'oh!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Roseanne. Not because I particularly love Roseanne, but because there are few things on this earth that I hate as much as The Simpsons.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    This was a bit of a tough one but I had to go with Rosanne. I still watch the re-runs on TV all the time. Simpsons re-runs not so much. In fact, I couldn’t even say the last time I watched a full Simpsons episode.

That’s basically how I’ve been voting for this entire tourney. Which show would I want to watch more if I happen to come across them while flipping through the channels?
    How can you vote like that? Like I think Sopranos/Six Feet Under are the two greatest shows ever made. But I would choose King of the Hill over it if it was on TV. Because shows like Sopranos/Six Feet Under aren't flip on when bored shows. They are investment shows. I watch them when I plan on watching a whole season or the entire series. Many great shows are like this; 24, Lost, Battlestar, Dexter, In Treatment.

For Sitcoms yeah, it doesn't really matter. But for most shows where episode to episode it follows a specific plotline, I'm hardly inclided to watch an episode because watching it will merely make me want to continue the series.

I voted Simpsons. It's the show that start adult cartoons. It's not the true started but think of all the great animated shows since it came out; South Park, King of the Hill, Futurama, Family Guy...if Simpsons wasn't such a success, networks wouldn't have put as much stock in animated comedies.

I enjoyed Roseanne but now when I watch it I'm expecting the entire cast to melt down and start abusing alcohol and cocaine. Some episodes stick out in my mind; the one where DJ starts jerkin off and when Roseanne gets breast reduction surgery and dreams Dan changed the surgery to torpedo breasts lol. Still, Roseanne is incredibly dated and much like Home Improvement it hasn't aged very well for me at all.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    How can you vote like that? Like I think Sopranos/Six Feet Under are the two greatest shows ever made. But I would choose King of the Hill over it if it was on TV. Because shows like Sopranos/Six Feet Under aren't flip on when bored shows. They are investment shows. I watch them when I plan on watching a whole season or the entire series. Many great shows are like this; 24, Lost, Battlestar, Dexter, In Treatment.
    That' how I've always ranked my favorite shows. I guess it's mostly because I don't usually watch the shows where you have to watch every single episode in order to keep up with what's happening with the plot. That strategy seems to be a more recent thing with prime-time shows anyway. Soap operas of course have been doing it for decades.

The only 2 shows I've ever watched like that are Sons of Anarchy and Heroes. Both of them got booted in the first round. I haven't voted on anything from the 2000s since round 1.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't voted on anything from the 2000s since round 1.
    That's a shame. On the other hand, it gives you a lot of stuff to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's mostly because I just don't have the time anymore. During the week I'm only home about 10 hours each day and most of that is spent eating and sleeping.

I'm still haven't seen the final 3 episodes of Sons of Anarchy yet because they are only adding the episodes to the website once a week.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are totally voting The Simpsons, here, there, and everywhere

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's mostly because I just don't have the time anymore. During the week I'm only home about 10 hours each day and most of that is spent eating and sleeping.

I'm still haven't seen the final 3 episodes of Sons of Anarchy yet because they are only adding the episodes to the website once a week.
    I like to watch tv while I eat. An hour here and there really adds up... though I certainly wouldn't criticize anyone for not caring about watching television shows.

Country
    Country Flag

The Simpsons is moving on to the Semifinals, having received 20 votes (62.50%). Its score is now 170.35.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

good

My Mood
    Breezy

not good.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread