Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lost

17 54.84%
  • Six Feet Under

14 45.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 2000s (Bracket 2)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So sad I can't believe this isn't closer. I mean, I didn't think 6FU would beat Lost, not really, but 17-12?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    That was one of the most intricate run-around answers I've ever read! But I'm glad that decided to not bullshit both me and yourself
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Spoiler:

There's still time for me to watch an ep or two of Six Feet Under at least, so i'm gonna try and watch it online, if i can. Watching it right now, in fact!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

My hope is that when Fernando gets around to watching Six Feet Under, as I have been hounding him to do for some time, it becomes his favorite show and he comes back here to hang his head in shame. Unlikely, but a man can dream. haha.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love for that to happen!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    My hope is that when Fernando gets around to watching Six Feet Under, as I have been hounding him to do for some time, it becomes his favorite show and he comes back here to hang his head in shame. Unlikely, but a man can dream. haha.
    I'll tell you what, if I watch 6FU and like it better than LOST -however unlikely that might be - I'll sticky a thread about how and why I liked the former better. I'll also throw in a "you were right Chris, you were right." How's that ?

Country
    Country Flag

Lost is moving on to the Semifinals, having received 17 votes (54.84%). Its score is now 194.00.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'll tell you what, if I watch 6FU and like it better than LOST -however unlikely that might be - I'll sticky a thread about how and why I liked the former better. I'll also throw in a "you were right Chris, you were right." How's that ?
    It might not be quite as unlikely as you think, feev: I recently watched an ep, sure I was going to vote for Lost in this round, and instead watched something so spectacularly different to what I expected. If the rest of the series is as surreal, hysterical and complex as the first ep, then I'll be really gutted later that it didn't make it to the finals.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

We have a convert! Long live 6FU. That's the cool thing about this tournament that it opens up new things to people.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Haha. That works. I expect you will like it a lot either way. I mean, it is good enough that a big Lost fan like Erin voted for it in this poll. I'll just be happy if you enjoy it enough to keep watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    It might not be quite as unlikely as you think, feev: I recently watched an ep, sure I was going to vote for Lost in this round, and instead watched something so spectacularly different to what I expected. If the rest of the series is as surreal, hysterical and complex as the first ep, then I'll be really gutted later that it didn't make it to the finals.
    I actually think that it gets way better as the show goes on and the actors settle into the characters. It also has an amazingly touching finale.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    We have a convert! Long live 6FU. That's the cool thing about this tournament that it opens up new things to people.
    Exactly, and it's why i'm very defensive about making sure I watch a show if it's up against something I completely love, whether it's up against Doctor Who (although all the other shows I had already seen, and I preferred Who over every single one, even Python) or Life on Mars. Both in that poll and this one helped me to discover two awesome shows, as Life on Mars was up against Arrested Development, and whilst I still voted LoM, it has to be said that AD, like SFU, was amazing to watch, so getting the incentive to watch shows that everyone's been raving about is the main reason I've been enjoying this tournament (since about 5 other reasons have been voted out already by now).

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I'm consoled by the fact it was very close. We see that Lost isn't having a cakewalk as some predicted at the outset.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't recall any of the lost fans saying that it would be a 'cakewalk', or anything to that effect.

Country
    Country Flag

Well comments were that Lost would be in the Final and that it was a foregone conclusion.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah but i thought it

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

SIX FEET UNDER

R.I.P.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Yeehaw

*Stands in silence around grave*

Does anyone want cake?

Sorry, i've just got cake on my mind, for some reason!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost wish Lost wouldn't advance just so I don't have to put up with all the hating.

Almost.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry feev, not hating Lost. Just the word cakewalk got me thinking about cake.

Sponge cake, in particular. I am British, after all! "We want cake and tea! Cake, and fine wine!"

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Sorry feev, not hating Lost. Just the word cakewalk got me thinking about cake.

Sponge cake, in particular. I am British, after all! "We want cake and tea! Cake, and fine wine!"
    Cake or death?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cake, you terrible c**t!

(I wonder if anyone on this board is going to get what i'm referencing in the last couple of posts?)

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel like LOST is always "picked on" due to its extreme success, almost as if people are somehow jealous of it. How, I have no idea. It does irritate me though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It might not just be the success of it Ricky: I think those who've not watched the show (and trust me, they do exist, especially in the UK) may have a hard time believing it's any good. For the longest time, I was deeply skeptical about it. Stories about survivors on an island, well, they've kinda been done before: Lord of the Flies, Robinson Crusoe, Gilligan's Island. It's kinda hard to believe that a fresh approach could've been done with it. The ongoing story intrigued me, but when I asked someone who watched season 2, "So, have there been any answers given yet?", the response of, "Not really, just more questions, if anything" didn't exactly fill me with much confidence. I'm used to a much faster pace when it comes to storytelling, especially from US shows, but let's be honest, it's a long time before the antagonists of the show are revealed in the slightest. Of course, that's only one side of it, but when you're used to characters stopping assassinations and raising ridiculously high body counts in just 24 hours whilst being just generally awesome, it's hard to believe a US show with that kind of slow pace could be any good. Especially when I heard how long it was planned for: over a hundred eps. 100 fucking eps set on a fucking island?!? Are you fucking kidding me?!?

Of course, I finally decided to watch it (mostly because there were so many fans on this board, which was a good sign that it wasn't shit) and was treated to some multi-layered and carefully structured storytelling telling that rarely feels padded out. Even better, I was treated to a US show with a carefully structured beginning, middle and ending, something that's rare to see, really. But you can't deny that it's one of those many great shows where the concept itself can be a little hard to sell to people who've never watched it and find it easy to dismiss it.

Also, it's made by abc, the tv station that thought remaking Life on Mars and drastically changing the ending would be a good idea, which doesn't help!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I feel like LOST is always "picked on" due to its extreme success, almost as if people are somehow jealous of it. How, I have no idea. It does irritate me though.
    Personally, I'm not picking on Lost. I like it a lot. I just thought Six Feet Under was a much better series.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't picking anyone out, just saying what I've found to be true on other message boards/reviews and generally in public.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I find the same to be true of Who: it's hugely popular, but there's always some people who just can't stand it partly because of its popularity. Well, in the UK, at least: problem is, on boards like this, it's the exact opposite: the only reason people have heard of it at all is because me and Pond don't stop going on about it!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast