Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lost

17 54.84%
  • Six Feet Under

14 45.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 2000s (Bracket 2)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 2000s (Bracket 2)

Lost
    vs.
    Six Feet Under

Previously on BTVSAT:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

L O S T

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

6FU - one of the best series ever. Too bad it has to go up against Lost, which I like, but feel not even close in the same league.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on , more votes for LOST.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man. Worst pairing ever. I absolutely love both. I seriously sat here and thought about this for 5 minutes.

Finally, though, I had to go with Six Feet Under.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Oh man. Worst pairing ever. I absolutely love both. I seriously sat here and thought about this for 5 minutes.

Finally, though, I had to go with Six Feet Under.
    I love you!

Yes, a very tough pairing indeed. But series are no longer randomized, remember, so it's even out of chance's hands now - it's the points that count now...

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

LOST!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me? I feel Lost is way overrated. I loved it as I watched it, but it never stayed with me past the actual viewing. Sure it was a fun ride, a very original series, but in the end, especially when compared to something earth-shatteringly deep as Six Feet Under, I dunno, it just pales, in my opinion.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me ? Or is Six Feet Under overrated ?

To answer your original question though - no, Lost is not overrated. If anything it's under appreciated. I've never felt a stronger emotional reaction to dilemmas presented on screen the way Lost handled it.

Country
    Country Flag

And what did Six Feet Under make you feel? Me, I cried during the series finale. During the Lost series finale I felt nothing.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's probably my favorite ending of all time. Any medium.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now you guys got me intrigued by all this finale talk. Makes me want to watch both series.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Now you guys got me intrigued by all this finale talk. Makes me want to watch both series.
    You haven't? What are you still doing here? Shoo!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm that uncivilized But I intend to change that.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost is by no means near the quality of six feet under, as much as I love it. Six Feet Under is simply a masterpiece in television, something no show will come close to matching for a long, long time. I love Lost but Six Feet Under wins even in the finale department. Damn, did Six Feet Under wrap everything up in a way totally befitting of the shows main theme. Pure love for that show.

I'd be surprised if Six Feet Under managed to win here. Lost is one of those shows with a massive dedicated fanbase that raves its the greatest show ever made.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I went with Six Feet Under. As much as I like Lost, Six Feet Under honestly blows it out of the water.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for the show that lies in the shadow of the statue.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

6'\/
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You made the right choice, Ricardos.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh man I love Six Feet Under, but it's Lost! How could I not vote for it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Easy. Select the right choice: Six Feet Under.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Oh man I love Six Feet Under, but it's Lost! How could I not vote for it

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

However it turns out, I am pretty proud of Six Feet Under holding te lead so far against a titan like Lost, even if by a narrow margin.

Feev, did you start watching Six Feet Under yet?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How this could even be close is a mystery that tops anything Lost did in it's entire run. Amazing.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast