Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You guys see that the Marlins are making a serious run at Pujols? That would be HUGE!!!
    I don't care as long as he stays out of the AL Central...GO TIGERS!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    You guys see that the Marlins are making a serious run at Pujols? That would be HUGE!!!
    I don't care as long as he stays out of the AL Central...GO TIGERS!

I hear ya!!! While he's at it he can stay the hell out of the entire American League for that matter!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pujols goes to the Angels for $250M+ They also got CJ WIlson the Lefty Pitcher phenom.

Meanwhile Marlins get Reyes, Cain, Buehrle!

Yankees get to discuss situation with Japanese star SS Nakajima - backup position to Jeter! - after paying the posting fee of $2.5M!

Also see that Japanese wonder pitcher Darvish has declared that he wants to go to the MLB via the posting rocess as he is not a free agent.

If the Yankees go after him they need to lose AJ Burnett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Pujols goes to the Angels for $250M+ They also got CJ WIlson the Lefty Pitcher phenom.

Meanwhile Marlins get Reyes, Cain, Buehrle!

Yankees get to discuss situation with Japanese star SS Nakajima - backup position to Jeter! - after paying the posting fee of $2.5M!

Also see that Japanese wonder pitcher Darvish has declared that he wants to go to the MLB via the posting rocess as he is not a free agent.

If the Yankees go after him they need to lose AJ Burnett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, The Angels made a big splash!!!!

I'll take our boys any day of the week though. Love the prospect of the prospect's!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

250 million is obscene. Where is all of this spending going to stop? I love sports but I wish guys would just go back to playing for the love of the game.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The 2011 MLB Average Player's salary - $3.1M

Remember I said average and all those rookies probably get the minimum $400K

Hm... I'd happy with the minimum!!!!

Spoiler:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    250 million is obscene. Where is all of this spending going to stop? I love sports but I wish guys would just go back to playing for the love of the game.
    Hey now! These boys are just tryin' to scrape by, pay bills ...same as you and me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Likewise a lifelong fan - baseball is the only sport I really care about, to be honest. I'm a HUGE MN Twins far, so I'm sure Merlin1958 and I will have the most....interesting conversations
    Okay, so I'm, like, a year late on this, but yaaaaay, another Twins fan!

TR coming back has been a mixed blessing, though -- I can't believe we let Cuddyer and Kubel go. D:
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot! The 2nd generation Fielder is coming to Detroit.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot! The 2nd generation Fielder is coming to Detroit.
    Congrats, Tim!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Cubs fan Pranks Red Soxs linking a website to Yankees
    http://www.news-press.com/article/20...ING/120221024/
    A beautiful new Spring training facility was built "Fenway South" in Ft Myers for the Red Sox and JetBlue bought the marketing rights however neglected to get with GoDaddy quick enough so a Cubs fan is having fun with jetbluepark.com

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Cubs fan Pranks Red Soxs linking a website to Yankees
    http://www.news-press.com/article/20...ING/120221024/
    A beautiful new Spring training facility was built "Fenway South" in Ft Myers for the Red Sox and JetBlue bought the marketing rights however neglected to get with GoDaddy quick enough so a Cubs fan is having fun with jetbluepark.com

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

nice!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt Cain threw a "Perfecto" last night!!!!!

Oh, and the Yanks swept the Braves!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Went to the Dodgers v Angels game last night.

Dodgers were down 2 -1 at the bottom of the ninth, and they couldn't get a run with a man on 2nd and 3rd, and no outs. It was frustrating to watch.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt Cain threw a "Perfecto" last night!!!!!
    Congrats to Mr. Cain! Just awesome.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So the Yankees and the Nats face off starting tomorrow - hm.... some team's 6 game winning streak must come to an end. Exciting baseball! Even though I live mereley minutes from the Nats Single A affiliate and just 30 miles from Nationals Park, I WILL be rooting all the way!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

My daughter has played 3 games so far this year and her batting average to date = 1.000 Just 2 years ago she was afraid to swing the bat.

They went completely undefeated last year and are 3-0 so far this year.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    My daughter has played 3 games so far this year and her batting average to date = 1.000 Just 2 years ago she was afraid to swing the bat.

Congrats, Big Poppa!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I sure wish the Rangers would start playing with some consistency again. Frustrating to watch.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Congrats, Big Poppa!!!!!
    I jinxed it. She made her first out and they lost their first game. The out was a very, very close play at first. It probably could've gone either way as she hit the bag at almost the exact same moment the first baseman got the ball.

The game was pretty good. They lost 6-4 but they had the tying run on second and the go-ahead run on first in the final inning. Just couldn't get that one last hit to push them across.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Going do the Dodgers v White Sox game tonight.

LESSSSSS GO DODGERS!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks Win!!!! The Yankees win!!! 7th in a row!!!!

Have fun at the game, Feev!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tigers gave up 8 runs in the top of the tenth?! Great job Valverde*.

*It wasn't all him but he got the ball rolling.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tigers gave up 8 runs in the top of the tenth?! Great job Valverde*.

*It wasn't all him but he got the ball rolling.
    Wow!!! That Sucks!!!! I know that would've driven me bonkers!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast