Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks signed Garcia. That's a move in the right direction, I hope!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Boston:

2-7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

my sentiments exactly - they won two games and the fans are partying like its 2004! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

After the first week of my fantasy baseball league here are the standings! My team name is the NOVA Bombers.

Not sure how I took first place with a team BA of .233 and a team ERA of 4.48, but I'm happy.
    Next up this week is the Highlanders (coincidentally, this is my 21 yr. old baseball playing son's team!)

Rank xx Team xxxxxxxxxxxxx W-L-T xx Pct xxxx GB
    1. xxxxx NOVA Bombersxxxxxxxxx 10-3-1xxx .750
    2. xxxxx Jef Nieman the balls xxxx 9-3-2xxxx .714xxxx 0.5
    3. xxxxx Byrd is the Word xxxxxxx 9-4-1xxxx .679xxxx 1
    4. xxxxx Bad News Marlins xxxxxxx 9-5-0xxx .643xxxx 1.5
    5. xxxxx Rebecca Blacksox xxxxxx 8-6-0xxxx .571xxxx 2.5
    6. xxxxx Highlanders xxxxxxxxxxxx 7-6-1xxxx .536xxxx 3
    7. xxxxx 4 Horsemen of Philly xxxx 6-7-1xxxx .464xxxx 4
    8. xxxxx Suck It xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 6-8-0xxxx .429xxxx 4.5
    9. xxxxx CarGo Lift xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 5-9-0xxxx .357xxxx 5.5
    10. xxxx Pine Riders xxxxxxxxxxxx 4-9-1xxxxx .321xxxx 6
    11. xxxx Naptown xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 3-9-2xxxxx .286 xxxx 6.5
    12. xxxx Team Bi-WInning xxxxxx 3-10-1xxxx .250xxxx 7

Does anyone know how to force blanks in any posts; insteadc of the klugy way that I tried to force the above table? :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go!!!!

I'm doing pretty well so far in the DT.Org League!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are some awesome team names. While I'm here - Let's go Oakland!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tigers are off to a rousing 3 and 7 start. Maybe they need to let Cabrera start drinking again (j/k)! Anyway at the least I know the club will have a shot to win every-time Verlander pitches even though last night he pitched a 2 run CG and they still lost.

Are there any other disgruntled Detroit Tigers fans out there?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Those are some awesome team names. While I'm here - Let's go Oakland!
    I wish the Sox had a closer. Or at least a left-fielder that can catch pop flies in the 9th inning.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Not me!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hooray!!!! A no hitter for Verlander.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Yeah, I saw that!!!! Almost perfection too, except for that questionable walk in the 8th I think.

He's a great pitcher. Second one of the season too, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that!!!! Almost perfection too, except for that questionable walk in the 8th I think.

I didn't get to see the game...lousy ESPN for some reason they didn't cut into it at all they just kept flashing "breaking news" as updates. This is the second no hitter pitched this year but I would need to look up who has pitched the other one because I can't remember.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get to see the game...lousy ESPN for some reason they didn't cut into it at all they just kept flashing "breaking news" as updates. This is the second no hitter pitched this year but I would need to look up who has pitched the other one because I can't remember.
    Yeah I mis-posted. Liriano has the other one this year. Verlander's was the 2nd of his career. Ironically, I was watching MLB's 3rd best game in history, (1986 Sox vs Mets) and they cut to it in the eighth.

Do you know the fastest way to get to Boston's Logan Airport?

Go through Bill Buckner's legs!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My team Nova Bombers still running strong as we start week 9 in my Fantasy Baseball League!

Third Place Highlanders is my son and Fifth Place Bad News Marlins is my son-in-law! My son-in-law's father is holding down 11th place as the Pine Riders!

Spoiler:

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am sooooooo excited! I am going to my first ever Red Sox game on June 22nd!! I AM SOOOOO PUMPED! This is going to be epic! I can't wait to see Fenway upclose and personal!!! WOO HOO!!

GO SOX!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I am sooooooo excited! I am going to my first ever Red Sox game on June 22nd!! I AM SOOOOO PUMPED! This is going to be epic! I can't wait to see Fenway upclose and personal!!! WOO HOO!!

GO SOX!!!!!
    How truly excellent for you!!!! Have an absolutely wonderful time!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

GO SOX!!!!!
    Karen,

Hm..... Maybe they'll win - playing the NL West Cellar Team Padres!

Really have fun, take pictures, enjoy! My first (and only) time at Fenway Park was sometime between 1963 - 65 ish!!!!! No seats on the Green Monster back then!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read this about Justin Verlander:

"In his last six starts, he’s 6-0 with a 0.72 ERA. He’s struck out 51 and walked six over that span, which doesn’t even include his no-hitter."

He is the f'ing man! Go Tigers!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Verlander is the real deal!!! Go Tigers!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Verlander is the real deal!!! Go Tigers!!!!
    I'm going to print and frame this! LOL

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go for it!!! He's so good he'll probably be a Yankee sooner or later!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Go for it!!! He's so good he'll probably be a Yankee sooner or later!!! LOL
    Hopefully more on the later side.....LOL. Anyway I think you owe the Tigers one for Granderson. He had a terrible year last year but he's been money so far this year. I think he's going to be a solid CF for the Yankees for years to come.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, we do. You know a lot of my buddies were disappointed about him last year, but I called a "great" year out of him this year early on. He's on both of my fantasy teams. I see him getting to .300 and maybe 35-40 dingers, plus 100 RBI's. He's well on the way to 100 runs scored. He was a brilliant trade by Cashman.

Edit: although the Tiger's did OK in getting Austin Jackson. He's gonna be great. It was more a developement issue I guess.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, we do. You know a lot of my buddies were disappointed about him last year, but I called a "great" year out of him this year early on. He's on both of my fantasy teams. I see him getting to .300 and maybe 35-40 dingers, plus 100 RBI's. He's well on the way to 100 runs scored. He was a brilliant trade by Cashman.

Edit: although the Tiger's did OK in getting Austin Jackson. He's gonna be great. It was more a developement issue I guess.
    I would be shocked if he hit .300 this year but you never know. He seems like he has a little more plate discipline then years past. Now I wouldn't be shocked with the dingers or the runs scored as long Texiera is behind him all year long.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, my predictions are public. We'll see how it plays out. Kevin Long is amazing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast