Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Joe Nathan is done for the year...and with surgery maybe beyond. I never like to see a player hurt but this isn't all that bad for the Tigers. I don't think Joe had anything left in the tank.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Looks like Joe Nathan is done for the year...and with surgery maybe beyond. I never like to see a player hurt but this isn't all that bad for the Tigers. I don't think Joe had anything left in the tank.
    I never like to see a player get hurt, but this works out for me. I have Soria on my fantasy team. For what it's worth, I think Nathan's career is done.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Wow, I thought we had more baseball fans here. All-star festivities came and went and not a single post...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't typically watch all-star games. I did catch an inning or so of the game though. I will say I don't know how tying the results of this game is in anyway fair or right for the two WS competitors. I think that it's lame.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I watched most of the HR derby and then the softball game afterward. Both were pretty enjoyable. I think I (along with many others) like the new format of the HR derby.

I watched about 60% of the ASG itself. It had been already announced that Chris Sale wouldn't pitch so I didn't have any real vested interest in the game itself, but it's fun to see the best of the best play against each other. MLB has the best ASG of the 4 major sports IMO.

Tying home field advantage to the winner is a gimmick. Especially when the fans are allowed to vote for who plays. Do either/or.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Derby was pretty enjoyable this year. The ASG was good as well, but there just wasn't anything that interesting to talk about. I'm looking forward to seeing teams wheel and deal before the deadline.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! Mets are down 7-1 and DeGrom was pitching. They'll be down in games 2-0 now. i thought this series would be more like yesterday's game close all the way through and a real nail biter. I know we are only 2 games in, but it seems it's as I thought. KC really only has to play 6 innings with that bullpen of theirs. Hope it heats up a bit back in N.Y. I usually don't give a shit if the Yanks have been eliminated, but this year for some reason I have stayed tuned in because the games have been so close and exciting. Plus, as a former New Yorker, I'm sorta obligated to cheer for the sad sack, Mets.

They are "sad sack" from a N.Y. fan stand point, but this is their 5th time in the classic. Not too shabby compared to some other franchises. Unfortunately, they will always be No.2 in the metropolitan area because of the Yanks. I do have to admit that I have a few fond memories of the original "Amazing Mets" from 1969. Now that was a real "David & Goliath" situation. The Orioles had 4 twenty game winners, but the Mets had, Art Shamsky LOL, Tom Seaver, Tug McGraw and Cleon "Fucking" Jones!!! LOL LOL What a crew!!! of course there was also, Clendennon, Harrelson, Koosman, to name a few more.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mets are getting a rude awakening that this isn't the National League, where most teams outside of the Central were pretty terrible.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hosmer gets a double inteh 9th to get KC on the board, gets to third on a Moustakas sacrifice I think. Then brilliant base running as he takes on on a wild Dud throw at the plate. If Duda had been accurate (man its only First to home) the game would have ended and the series shifted back to KC.

But no - and I think Hosmer's 9th inning contribution gave KC the series.

Congratulations Kansas City Royals!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm an AL guy so congrats to The Royals!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the Kansas City Royals!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Best article I've ever read on the argument that both leagues should have a DH.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...2634-658620023

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Best article I've ever read on the argument that both leagues should have a DH.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...2634-658620023

Great article!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jays signed Meicer Izturis to a minor league deal to replace the loveable Munenori Kawasaki...of course this means the series is ours.

Bye Munie!
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/shows/tim-an...asaki-tribute/
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Not too many baseball fans around here anymore. Spring training and Opening Day both came and went without a peep.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the Astros opening day - but only because it was ESPN. I guess Dish has never come to terms with Comcrap so the Fox sport network I get is Dallas. And that sucks - live in the Houston area and can't watch the Astros. And nobody down here except maybe transplants care about Dallas.

And of course the only team that matters won opening day, but that wasn't on TV either.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was excited to see that my Tigers new save guy blow his first save opportunity last night...The funny thing is that the Tigers ended up winning in 11 and used their 5th starter (not anyone from their pen) to close out the game. Their new GM said last off-season that his main goal was to rebuild their pen. HaHaHaHa

They should have a decent year but "Yikes!" they have a ton of holes.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I was excited to see that my Tigers new save guy blow his first save opportunity last night...The funny thing is that the Tigers ended up winning in 11 and used their 5th starter (not anyone from their pen) to close out the game. Their new GM said last off-season that his main goal was to rebuild their pen. HaHaHaHa

It didn't get much better today when it came to the bullpen. Still picked up the win because the team managed to score a ton, but the bp has not improved at all. Or so it seems so far. That has been a glaring hole for several years now and I'm tired of it.

Still, they're 2-0. Opening day in Detroit on Friday.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

2-0 isn't shabby. I think K-Rod should be an upgrade (practically anyone would be an upgrade) but he isn't a long term solution for that role. They have some nice young arms but I am tired of the poor pen. The other side of things is that their starters are not what they once were. They need a solid BP to get it done. It's also pretty cool the V-Mart has had back to back games with PH homeruns. Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post

It didn't get much better today when it came to the bullpen. Still picked up the win because the team managed to score a ton, but the bp has not improved at all. Or so it seems so far. That has been a glaring hole for several years now and I'm tired of it.

Still, they're 2-0. Opening day in Detroit on Friday.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...ra-hof-ballot/

So, in your mind who gets in and who doesn't and your reasons, if you wish.

My vote would go for "The Boss", Selig and reluctantly, Mr.McGwire. The rest of the players don't cut it in my mind. Now as for McGwire, I know he is sort of a poster boy along with Bonds for the steriod era, but that era and designation has tragically forced me to re-evaluate the "steriod" users into two categories. The first would be, Bonds who though talented before steriods went from being "Pookie" in New Jack City to "The Rock". He never would have broke the HR record without the drugs. Then you have the "McGwire" users who, in my mind, predominantly used the PED's due to injuries or maybe more accurately injury recovery. I find myself wavering on the "Injury recovery" users. Clemens, Pettite and Arod probably fall into that category as well. JMHO of course.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in a rush this morning but I'm not sure I would vote for any of the players other than Orel. The steroid thing bothers me and while I loved Will Clark I don't know if his numbers warrant HOF. Baines and Belle just don't have the numbers in my opinion. Belle was a monster for a relatively short time and Baines had a very nice career but personally don't think HOF caliber.

See you. Work is calling!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in a rush this morning but I'm not sure I would vote for any of the players other than Orel. The steroid thing bothers me and while I loved Will Clark I don't know if his numbers warrant HOF. Baines and Belle just don't have the numbers in my opinion. Belle was a monster for a relatively short time and Baines had a very nice career but personally don't think HOF caliber.

I agree with you about the players. Belle was a stud, but it was for a relatively short time period. Baines had a good career, but his numbers end up being compilation numbers because he played so long.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I agree with you about the players. Belle was a stud, but it was for a relatively short time period. Baines had a good career, but his numbers end up being compilation numbers because he played so long.
    My thoughts exactly. Seems like they are getting a little lax at the HOF if they let them in. However, you both conveniently skirted the controversial choices I made!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Merlin1958;1025152]

I'm not sure how I feel about Bud being "enshrined" but The Boss with his commitment to winning and the record to back it up should be a slam dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

My thoughts exactly. Seems like they are getting a little lax at the HOF if they let them in. However, you both conveniently skirted the controversial choices I made!! lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a personal preference. Some people are cool with the whole steroid thing, some aren't. I'm indifferent. I'm also realist and nobody that was caught up in the steroid stuff will be getting in the HoF anytime soon. More time needs to pass I think.

The main issue is that as soon as you let one in, you will have to let them all in. The HoF doesn't want to deal with the backlash at this point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast