Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams - All things Baseball

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you very much. Years ago I did this on ESPN but they became frustrating to me, then moved to CBS, and then Yahoo. They all became a little frustrating for a weirdo like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    For someone who doesn't much like the internet, doesn't access it via a phone or tablet, and likes straight forward websites is there a site which provides easy to access box scores? It seems there is an awful lot of crap to get through anymore just to check out a box score these days.
    https://www.mlb.com/scores

You have to click on each box indiviually but they are all there. You can even scroll through the previous dates at the top.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I toured the new Battery and Braves stadium last weekend. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I cannot express how amazing the experience was. Did a behind the scenes tour that blew us away. What a place to visit!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Review Process

Bit of a rant here, but I just do not get the process MLB has established. They want to speed up the game, yet whenever a challenge is issued not only do the officials have to run to the sidelines, adorn themselves with the headsets and then, seemingly have to wait an inordinate amount of time for the booth in N.Y. to review the play. Case in point, they blew a call in todays Yanks/Blue Jays game in the 8th. Nevermind that the review showed to millions of fans that the guy was safe, but it took over three minutes according to my clock to make the call. Then the officials have to run back onto the diamond and restart the game. For the record, the call did not really impact the outcome of the game, which is maybe a point as well.

Apparently, the game officials have little or no input on the call/review, yet they have to don headsets and mike's. Why not "Blue tooth" the officials right on the diamond and speed up the guys drinking coffee in the booth in N.Y.? I've seen reviews take up to 5 mins and more of game time. Clearly something is broken in this process if you're trying to speed up the game, no?

IDK, I mean they are limiting mound visits and will eventually install the pitch clock, yet there is no more boring time in a game than a review. Of course, that's just this man's opinion.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bluetooth is a vulnerable technology. I am sure they use a closed line.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I think the umps use the headsets to hear the explanation from NY. The process should probably be quicker but at least they have a system to get the calls right. Cubs had a game ending review today. Without it the game could easily have gone the other way.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In regards to reviews...I think they should not even utilize this in the game. The review process is boring and leads to other problems within the game. I would prefer the call on the field stand. If the official in the game is shown to be derelict in their duties then they should be demoted or terminated.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

In regards to reviews...I think they should not even utilize this in the game. The review process is boring and leads to other problems within the game. I would prefer the call on the field stand. If the official in the game is shown to be derelict in their duties then they should be demoted or terminated.
    Most reviewed calls are bang bang plays. It would be hard to say an ump is derelict in these situations. Again, better to get the call right then change the outcome of a game with a bad one.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm fine with reviews. It's stuff like the managers stalling for time... Hey, I might review this, hold up....hold up....hold up.... nah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yeah, I'm fine with reviews. It's stuff like the managers stalling for time... Hey, I might review this, hold up....hold up....hold up.... nah
    I feel like they have 30 seconds to make a descision on reviewing but I could be wrong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I think the umps use the headsets to hear the explanation from NY. The process should probably be quicker but at least they have a system to get the calls right. Cubs had a game ending review today. Without it the game could easily have gone the other way.
    Most reviewed calls are bang bang plays. It would be hard to say an ump is derelict in these situations. Again, better to get the call right then change the outcome of a game with a bad one.
    I feel like they have 30 seconds to make a descision on reviewing but I could be wrong.
    As I said in my initial post, it didn't affect the game's outcome, but they ultimately blew the call. Anyway, I'm of a mind that as long as they have instituted the replay review/challenge I really don't see why they even have to involve the field officials. They don't ever seem to contribute to the call and can't really see the replay. Same holds for football. They should just hire a "Video Official" lets say and just go from there. Seems to me that in both sports it would cut a lot of time off the process. I mean as the announcers constantly spew the evidence has to be irrefutable anyway, right/ Thoughts?

BTW, for the record, I'm not passing judgement either way as to whether the "Challenge" should be allowed in either sport. I mean it is available so I'm just suggesting ways that it could be expedited.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In regards to reviews do you think there is any plausibility that the league(s) do not want to speed them up? Regardless of an emphasis on length of game this allows for additional ad times.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    As I said in my initial post, it didn't affect the game's outcome, but they ultimately blew the call. Anyway, I'm of a mind that as long as they have instituted the replay review/challenge I really don't see why they even have to involve the field officials. They don't ever seem to contribute to the call and can't really see the replay. Same holds for football. They should just hire a "Video Official" lets say and just go from there. Seems to me that in both sports it would cut a lot of time off the process. I mean as the announcers constantly spew the evidence has to be irrefutable anyway, right/ Thoughts?

BTW, for the record, I'm not passing judgement either way as to whether the "Challenge" should be allowed in either sport. I mean it is available so I'm just suggesting ways that it could be expedited.

The field umps don’t have any input as far as I know. They just hear what ever NY has to say. There should be a time limit though. If it’s not clear within say 60 seconds it’s not ever going to be, so the call should stand.

Country
    Country Flag

In regards to reviews do you think there is any plausibility that the league(s) do not want to speed them up? Regardless of an emphasis on length of game this allows for additional ad times.
    Possibly. Anyway to make more money. But the speed of the game ultimately comes down to the players. How long they take between pitches, how long a batters pre pitch routine takes, etc. There’s a pitcher for the Dodgers who took a minute between pitches. He’d stomp around the mound then contemplate life, then choose a pitch, and then throw.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tigers had a closer who would adjust his socks, lick his fingers, adjust socks again, adjust other things, ask for another ball, lick fingers again, ask to cycle call again,........It was painful to watch. It was hard to watch when he was pitching well but downright torture once he started sucking it up. That was the Big Potato (Jose Valverde).

Possibly. Anyway to make more money. But the speed of the game ultimately comes down to the players. How long they take between pitches, how long a batters pre pitch routine takes, etc. There’s a pitcher for the Dodgers who took a minute between pitches. He’d stomp around the mound then contemplate life, then choose a pitch, and then throw.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone remember Matt Garza? I don't think he was slow between pitches but man that guy would spit and spit. Not tobacco spit just big and nasty looking phlegm like spits. Non-stop and hard to watch even for a manly man like me.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone remember Matt Garza? I don't think he was slow between pitches but man that guy would spit and spit. Not tobacco spit just big and nasty looking phlegm like spits. Non-stop and hard to watch even for a manly man like me.
    Josh Beckett was like watching a glacier as well.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Been two tough games too lose, but I had a great time at the game on Wednesday. Got quite a bit drunk. 4 huge Toronto sports games that night... Only the Raptors

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just gonna say it................................................ ......the wild card should be a three game series, not one!!!!

As it stands its kinda silly when taking all things into consideration, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

S0 this is way way cool. I have tickets to the MLB Home Run Derby at Nationals Park on Monday the 16th! Going with my son and two son-in-laws!

With no Yankees in the picture I'll be rooting for the home town hero Bryce Harper!

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    S0 this is way way cool. I have tickets to the MLB Home Run Derby at Nationals Park on Monday the 16th! Going with my son and two son-in-laws!

With no Yankees in the picture I'll be rooting for the home town hero Bryce Harper!

I went to the one at the old Yankee stadium in 2008. Lot of fun. Got to see Hamilton put on a show.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some good players here, but not a ton of star power. I'm a little worried the Home Run Derby will turn into the Slam Dunk contest if MLB isn't careful.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love my mailman!

We have known each other since high school and obviously root for the same team.
    I just wonder what would happen if he ever took a day off and his sub got one of my notes to him...

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Not to be a total necromancer or anything, but... THE TWINS BROKE THE HOME RUN RECORD

and also like four other records in the past 48 hours, but that's the important one.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Not to be a total necromancer or anything, but... THE TWINS BROKE THE HOME RUN RECORD

and also like four other records in the past 48 hours, but that's the important one.
    It's a great accomplishment, but I have to think if half the Yankees roster didn't spend a majority of the year on the IL they would be right there with them.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

You guys did get hit hard with injuries this year, oof.

.... But I'm still celebrating the fact that the Twins are the ones :p
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast