Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jimimck

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very Nice Collection!!!!

Word of caution, Measure the Easton Press edition before you buy the slipcase and email Tom first. I know both the US and UK editions fit in his case as I have one for each, but the leatherbound Easton edition may be a hair too big.
    Thanks for the advice. Tom's site does say the slipcase was designed for the Easton Press editions, but always best to double check.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very Nice Collection!!!!

Word of caution, Measure the Easton Press edition before you buy the slipcase and email Tom first. I know both the US and UK editions fit in his case as I have one for each, but the leatherbound Easton edition may be a hair too big.
    Thanks for the advice. Tom's site does say the slipcase was designed for the Easton Press editions, but always best to double check.
    The Easton edition fits the slipcase. See here.

You've really put together a lot of books in your collection in a short timeframe, James. Well done!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick.
    Just scrolled through your collection - AWESOME!
    I love the Koontz Odd Thomas books. I'm a big fan of those as well.

And the Slipcase for The Dead Zone looks amazing with the book. He did a good job matching the design. I'll have to pick it up for sure now.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, James. I love the ODD series of limited editions. Each one is unique but they have a continuity on the shelf. Also I agree about that DEAD ZONE slipcase - If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was issued with the book.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

really nice collection there james,you'll have to invest in more shelves soon!!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought I'd just post a couple of pics of a S/L CD book I picked up cheap. I just grabbed it as I like CD books so much and they don't come up for sale much here.
    I haven't read it yet. Anyone here read Born Bad by Barry Hoffman?

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Also I forgot I had this in another bookshelf.
    I grabbed a signed copy from the Overlook Connection (I see they have had some bad press on the forum lately, but they did right by me with this)

Can anyone let me know what the norm is with signed bookplates, in that do most people stick them in to the book, or just leave them loose?

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I'd leave them loose, but that's just me. I'm not a huge fan of bookplates. I like your new additions, though! Keep the pics coming!!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

And lastly for today, I wanted to post a picture of this.

Back in 2005 I went to an Alice Cooper concert in Melbourne, and purchased a special package that included 1st/2nd row seats, a backstage pass, and an opportunity to meet Alice after the show and hang out. The picture is of the photo of me and Alice, my backstage pass, my concert ticket, and my favourite album I got him to sign, all framed up. (Well I actually got the Billion dollar note signed as you can see, from the album Billion Dollar Babies)

Now the reason I wanted to post this, is Tim recently posted a picture of a favourite old paperback that he had signed by the author, and it made me think of this album. I too thought of buying something new for Alice to sign for me, but thought it would have more meaning if I got him to sign my favourite album that had actually been listened too.

So Tim, I totally understand why you got your old paperback signed and think that was a much better idea than a new book...

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love it! This is my favorite part of people's collections. What a good story. That must have been a heck of an evening!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    That must have been a heck of an evening!
    It was such a blast. I'm glad I didn't hit the sauce until after meeting him, as there a few blank spots from the rest of the evening lol

Again slightly off topic, but this is my only other signed album I've managed to get.

Its The Kinks, Low Budget, and was signed by Ray Davies when he came to New Zealand recently for a solo show. I'd love to see him back with his brother playing as The Kinks, but Ray on his own was still amazing.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

In the photo, which one is Alice Cooper?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like your collection, jimimick..........shipping must get AWFUL expensive!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I thought I'd just post a couple of pics of a S/L CD book I picked up cheap. I just grabbed it as I like CD books so much and they don't come up for sale much here.
    I haven't read it yet. Anyone here read Born Bad by Barry Hoffman?
    Haven't read "Born Bad" but if memory serves..Barry Hoffman is the owner/publisher of Gauntlet Press. Among others they produced "He Is Legend" (w/ Joe Hill & SK). I think Barry had a story in that book ....... It seems surprising to me that he did a S/L through CD.......or is that a normal practice?
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A nice collection !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    ...Haven't read "Born Bad" but if memory serves..Barry Hoffman is the owner/publisher of Gauntlet Press. Among others they produced "He Is Legend" (w/ Joe Hill & SK). I think Barry had a story in that book ....... It seems surprising to me that he did a S/L through CD.......or is that a normal practice?
    I think that it is fairly standard for publisher/owners of small presses release their own S/L work through other small presses. For example Pete Crowther (of PS Publishing) has a number of S/L novels and collections published via Subterranean Press, as well as Richard Chizmar (of CD) who has published a couple of chapbooks with SubPress. I think to do otherwise screams of narcissism?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We're not worthy!

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team,
    In the photo, which one is Alice Cooper?
    Let's just say I'm the short balding guy and Alice is the cool looking rocker

Like your collection, jimimick..........shipping must get AWFUL expensive!!
    Tell me about it! Sometimes the shipping is just as much as the book as I want to buy. I have found some good ebay sellers that use the Flat rate international envelops or boxes, but the cheapest I've found for one book is about $15USD (which isn't too bad I guess for a 1st trade I don't have), but CD and Betts need to charge a LOT more for the Gift editions I enquire about. For example Betts has a gift Talisman/Blackhouse I want for only $90, but the shipping is another $79!
    When I was in the States last year, I tried to find books I wanted for sale to avoid shipping, and managed a few 1st editions I didn't have. You guys in the States are very lucky, but then you probably think the same of me when you're trying to get UK copies....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Same here... I spent a substantial amount of money on King books the last couple of years and at least 20% of it is due to overseas shipping.

Traveler Church is on a distinguished road Church's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Happy New Year from NZ....

Hey Jimimck,

Great to see another Kiwi Collector...I have been collecting for years...since before the internet, when I had to write letters to the USA....

Love your collection...

We need to get together, I have bought/traded with Scott and Paul who sell on trade me...

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Church View Post
    Hey Jimimck,

Great to see another Kiwi Collector...I have been collecting for years...since before the internet, when I had to write letters to the USA....

Love your collection...

We need to get together, I have bought/traded with Scott and Paul who sell on trade me...
    Happy New Year!
    I've bought from both Scott and Paul, and keep in touch with Scott quite often. I'm hanging out for the next time I am in Auckland so we can catch up for a beer.

I wish I had figured out this collecting business ages ago, as I've been reading King for about 21 years, and could have picked up some amazing pieces for a lot lower purchase prices if I had of known about S/L etc back then. You must have some gems in your midst if you've been collecting for that long.

I'm in Christchurch. You local?

Yak soon

James

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys. I'm just gonna add some photos of a few recent additions, plus some miscellaneous items I have on the bookcase. Nothing too fantastic (well there is a couple I'm pretty happy with), but I'm working through having everything photographed for that "just in case" scenario.

A couple of "books about" and a horror collection

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally found a nice US 1st edition Pet Sematary to go with my UK copy.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some magazines I have with King stories in them.
    Would you believe my wife picked up the Marge Simpson Playboy one for me as a surprise, and then we saw it had the King story in it!!!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't read this yet, and is most likely going to down on the long list of things to read....

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did pop this in the "Pride and Joy" thread, but here it is again anyway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast