Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jimimck

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: jimimck

Hi team,
    After seeing the recent collection thread by timthegreat, I thought he did such a cool job posting his collection, that I should get off my bum and get some pics of my collection up for you to check out.

I was only introduced to the world of Gift & S/L editions after coming across CD when they released Blockade Billy earlier this year. Prior to that, all I was really doing with my collection was trying to get US 1st editions, which is hard in New Zealand as we only get the UK editions released here in the book stores.

So the following is where I have got to so far. I'm probably the kind of collector who at best will look to complete a set of Gift editions, as I expect the S/L's will be too far out of reach. That being said, maybe, just maybe, I'll convince my wife we really do need a copy of the coffin S/L Stand lol

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

UK 1st/1st Salem's Lot, and a 1st/1st US Shining. The US isn't in the best condition, but I'm happy its a first

Last edited by Jimimck; 06-01-2011 at 03:24 PM.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my absolute pride and joys, 1993 Easton Press Dead Zone. I love this edition. I need to pick myself up a slipcase from The Collector. The UK standard edition with it.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A later printing 1st edition FireStarter with it's UK companion. The US copy is an OK placeholder until I find a 1st/1st.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The 1st/1st US copy of Cujo does have a couple of small tears in the dustjacket, but perhaps a Brodart cover may help hide those. But then I can always do with an excuse to get a better copy...

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

1st/1st US Different Seasons, with a book club UK version.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Christine is one of my favourite King stories, and so I was please when I picked up this 1st/1st US copy just this year.
    On a side note, I was watching the Rodney Dangerfield movie, Back to School the other night, and noticed that actor who played his son was also the actor who played Arnie Cunningham in the movie of Christine. There is a useless bit of trivia for ya.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is a UK 1st/1st of Talisman, and is just a standard Cycle of the Warewolf

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A 1st/1st of the US edition Skeleton Crew (that could do with a nice new dustjacket) and a UK book club edition.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Two nice 1st/1st's of IT. And by IT, I mean IT, not The Star Invaders that I picked up for One Million Dollars! (said in best Dr Evil accent)

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of 1st Eyes of the Dragon. The US copy is in terrible condition however, and is at best a place holder...

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Tommyknockers (seen here with a 1st edition and a later printing with gold writing that wants to come off), was the first story of King's that I read where I picked up on him making reference to himself. I love it when he does stuff like that.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Two nice 1st editions I picked up this year

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Two 1st editions. I think this is one of the few covers where I like the UK one better.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of block mounted pictures that one day I would like to have a copy of the book shelved just underneath

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Two very Needful items in good condition.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A 1st of Gerald's Game, and a UK Dolores. Does anyone else wonder how Dolores got made in to a film?

Last edited by Jimimck; 10-06-2012 at 12:50 AM.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Another US 1st with its UK cousin.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The red one is only a 3rd printing, but I'm sure it won't be for long.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll keep this UK Rose Madder as a reading copy, as I haven't actually read it yet. US 1st Regulators.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love this Gift edition. The slipcase, the artwork, the cover, the fact I have one! Its all good. Next to a US 1st.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Two 1st's. The UK edition is actually flat signed by the man himself!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

US 1st next to the pop up book of the same name.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Both US 1sts. For some reason these two US editions are very easy to find here in NZ. Thats some Hearts Dog Tags next to the book.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

US 1st next to the UK edition. I believe there is a UK edition with the Black/White reversed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast