Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twin Peaks

12 46.15%
  • Freaks and Geeks

14 53.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 2: 1990s (Bracket 8)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 2: 1990s (Bracket 8)

Twin Peaks
    vs.
    Freaks and Geeks

Previously on BTVSAT:

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Freaks! Linda Cardellini is my secret love.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Linda Cardellini is fah-ine

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Get off my kool-aid, Biznitch.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will cry if Twin Peaks doesn't win.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have never seen, nor even heard of this Freaks and Geeks thing.
    Twin Peaks, on the other hand, I thought was awesome.

sk

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I have never seen, nor even heard of this Freaks and Geeks thing.
    Twin Peaks, on the other hand, I thought was awesome.

sk
    Start here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai1FHufz_HY

You can watch all of the one season of the show on youtube. It is pretty amazing.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How can TP be losing? I'm disgusted!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears have voted, TP is leading again... but not very convincingly

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Freaks and Geeks, like Six Feet Under, is a piece of art.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears have voted, TP is leading again... but not very convincingly
    Could there possibly be more than one bear in the den? TP needs help! But thanks!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

There was a Freaks and Geeks marathon all day today on IFC. It was an awesome Christmas present.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know Freaks/Geeks had so many names (Rogan, Franco, Segel) before they made it big. And Linda Cardellini is pretty hot and loved her in Grandma's Boy.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm quite surprised Twin Peaks is loosing as well. And if it comes down to a tie I just want to clarify that I voted for it.

I love Freaks and Geeks and am actually watching the marathon on IFC at the moment But Twin Peaks was such a creative unique show, quite unlike most others that I've seen.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I didn't know Freaks/Geeks had so many names (Rogan, Franco, Segel) before they made it big. And Linda Cardellini is pretty hot and loved her in Grandma's Boy.
    ♫♪push it, push it real good!♪♫

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tied. Well, I voted TP, for reasons mentioned already mentioned here.

Country
    Country Flag

Need more votes for F&G!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted Freaks and Geeks- thought I had posted earlier
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Forgot I've already voted here - for Twin Peaks, of course
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

Of course? I love TP but come on, F&G should be shown at museums.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I've mentioned it in an earlier thread - TP holds a special place in my heart. So it's forever 'of course' for me
    F&G is great, and had it been paired with something other than TP, I'd have gladly voted for it.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Twin Peaks must win....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

YAY! Thank you Stockerlone.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh no Can we find two votes for F&G? Please!

My Mood
    Breezy

Did I vote F and G yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast