Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday Night Live

9 42.86%
  • All in the Family

7 33.33%
  • Little House on the Prairie

5 23.81%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 2: 1970s (Bracket 2)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 2: 1970s (Bracket 2)

Saturday Night Live
    vs.
    All in the Family
    vs.
    Little House on the Prairie

Previously on BTVSAT:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

SNL

Along the Path of the Beam pookie is on a distinguished road pookie's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

These are so markedly different and really play such different roles in the history of TV series. Have to vote for Little House on the Prairie just because of sentimentality.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I actually went with Little House as well. I was half and half between that and SNL, but SNL has had some real stinker years.

All In The Family was groundbreaking, for sure. But Archie Bunker was just such a bigoted jerk, it's impossible for me to vote for him. However, I will say - the episode in which Edith is raped was one of the best acted and written episodes. Ever. Jean Stapleton was amazing in that episode. It even has it's own Wiki reference
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is shaping up to be a nice tight three-way race. Voted for AITF.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't care for any of these shows.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

All in the Family. I loved Archie!

John

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ...All In The Family was groundbreaking, for sure. But Archie Bunker was just such a bigoted jerk, it's impossible for me to vote for him. ...
    Ah, but you could vote for the series and against that character. It was brilliant that he was as much antagonist as protagonist. It depends on how you look at it.

My Mood
    Gay

Path - I absolutely do see your point.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

Saturday Night Live is moving on to the Quarterfinals, having received 9 votes (42.86%). Its score is now 116.77.

All in the Family is moving on to the Quarterfinals, having received 7 votes (33.33%). Its score is now 106.06.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I have to call this all good, but I'd still like a moment of silence for Little House on the Prairie . Farewell.

My Mood
    Gay

It was a very impressive bracket.

So long, Little House. There's no shame in losing to these two iconic shows.

+ Reply to Thread