Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ho ho ho! It's...The Christmas Challenge!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

3. Which tv show Christmas special are you most looking forward to?

The Grinch of course!! My absolute favorite every year!! I actually still get misty when his heart grows.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    2. Where, and with whom, will you be eating Christmas dinner this year?
    At my house with hubbie, my sister and my neice and i am so excited i want to laugh all the time>?????? yes biazrre i know

Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How The Grinch Stole Christmas....the 1966 version. So awesome.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Doctor Who!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town and Rudolph! And It's A Wonderful Life, which I plan to dedicate to bethany
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

None, unfortunately I cannot think of any TV show that I like enough to be looking forward to it.

What I am looking forward to is "Обыкновенное чудо" (An Ordinary Miracle) movie. A little general information about the plot can be found here: http://www.allmovie.com/work/157713
    It's not a 'kiddy fairytale' and the playwright whose play it is based on is well-known for his satire, irony and Aesopian language.
    To me, it's forever associated with winter holidays, even though it's not at all about them.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rudolph And It's A Wonderful Life

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for the all day event of "A Christmas Story" And I do mean I will sit there ALLL DAY and watch it, (and no one is going to stop me!)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're making us CHOOSE?

Well, out of the ones I haven't seen yet, it would be A Christmas Story, Elf, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original and live-action).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Do you buy your presents in advance, or do you leave everything to the last minute?

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you buy your presents in advance, or do you leave everything to the last minute?

some of both, depends on the year!!

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    just a regular copy, Jean?
    Well, an authographed one would suit bears just fine, something along the lines of "to bears with love"... seriously, though, yes, sure a regular copy, only I haven't made up my mind yet if I prefer the French or English-language version. I think I'll try to see which I can find first whenever I am in Europe the next time.

In advance, - sometimes months in advance.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

1. If money, availability, age, room etc were no object, what would be your ultimate gift this Christmas? (Must be something that can/could be purchased)
    A winning ticket for the mega millions lottery.

At home with my wife and kids.

24-hour marathon of A Christmas Story.

In advance. I don't want to be anywhere near any retail stores after this weekend.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last minute! I still haven't purchased a single gift for anyone.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Last minute! I still haven't purchased a single gift for anyone.
    Same here! I'm cutting it close this year.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Well, an authographed one would suit bears just fine, something along the lines of "to bears with love"... seriously, though, yes, sure a regular copy, only I haven't made up my mind yet if I prefer the French or English-language version. I think I'll try to see which I can find first whenever I am in Europe the next time.
    A regular copy is relatively easily (and cheaply) acquired. A signed Polanski would be pretty rare and it's price would probably be high because of it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    A regular copy is relatively easily (and cheaply) acquired. A signed Polanski would be pretty rare and it's price would probably be high because of it.
    I know, I was joking! I think I will be able to either find a copy myself next spring, or ask Alexander to get it for me in ebay

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both. Depends on when I have the time to think about it and actually do some shopping, either online or at brick-and-mortar.
    This year, I've bought some of the presents back in September (while in Scotland), but I still need to buy a few more. So shopping horror awaits me this weekend :sigh:
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A copy of "The Stand" Lettered "Coffin" edition!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Which tv show Christmas special are you most looking forward to? Any of the classics and Christmas Story.

Do you buy your presents in advance, or do you leave everything to the last minute? If they live far away ahead of time other wise its last minute

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. If money, availability, age, room etc were no object, what would be your ultimate gift this Christmas? (Must be something that can/could be purchased)

I guess I could use one of these...

Probably my wife's family.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

The special I was most looking forward to was the Eureka special. But that's already aired so I'm not really looking forward to it anymore.

4.Do you buy your presents in advance, or do you leave everything to the last minute?
    I buy in advance...but usually things don't get sent out until the last minute.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

What was the best gift you ever had as a child (up to sixteen for the sake of argument)

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

What was the best gift you ever had as a child (up to sixteen for the sake of argument)
    A doll I got from my second cousin he wrote from Santa on it since my mom cou;dnt afford anything to make me have the joy of christmas on christmas

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

An easy bake oven. My sister and I drove our mother crazy wanting to make stuff in it all the time. Of course I think back now and the stuff was awful, dried up batter half baked over a light bulb, but man did we have fun!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast