Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which character is King?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roland

8 25.00%
  • Eddie

9 28.13%
  • Susannah

1 3.13%
  • Jake

2 6.25%
  • None

12 37.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which DT Character is really Stephen King

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome first post there! Hope you make many more

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by murphois View Post
    Actually I've come to think of King (or his mind) as the Dark Tower.

King's mind contains all the levels of the tower (other worlds/books).
    I actually think his wife Tabitha is the Rose. If the rose crumbles, he (the tower) would be destroyed.
    When he was hit by the van, the tower was greatly disturbed and the entire world shook. His death certainly would have meant the end of all these stories.
    This may be stretching it a bit, but the field of roses around the tower are his fans/readers.
    When Roland reaches the top of the tower, the story begins again and Roland is brought back to the beginning of the first book. I think this represents a renewal as King decided to continue on writing. Prior to completing the final book of the series, he often said he would retire at that point, but then once he was finished, he found the desire to keep on writing.
    This is such a great post and I didn't want it to get lost on the first page.

This really got me thinking murphios. Welcome to the site.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Traveler murphois is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I've been looking for a nice place to throw out ideas about the Dark Tower series. Perusing through the forums a little bit, I like the topics, so I thought I'd respond.

One other piece I forgot to include along that theme. SK's "dark side" is represented the Crimson King who is a resident of the tower.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to belong to another DT/King site that I can't find anymore, we were theorizing around the time of WotC and I had similar ideas to you - but not so detailed. That King was the tower was one. I think though, that I thought the Crimson King represented his accident...or...damn, can't remember...I must search for the site...

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Roland is his wanna be self, (mask), Detta is his anima to a degree, Walter is his shadow and Jake is probably the closest to his actual ego. NIce thread
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I dunno; I think a better thread might be, "Which IT Character is really Stephen King?"

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Good point, Path. Honestly, I hope it's Eddie! If it was Susannah I would be sorely confused... LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2