Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battlestar Galactica

12 50.00%
  • The Big Bang Theory

12 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 15)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave up on hoping
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, in case it does come to a tie, I'd just like to say I voted Battlestar Galactica. That's 3rd on my list of "series I need to finish watching", after I'm done with Lost and X-Files, as I've only watched the first season and the mini-series, but both were amazing. If i'm honest, I think it's one of the few remakes that actually surpasses the original.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The latter part of Battlestar recieved criticism. Then again, what show doesn't get that? I've heard it about Lost, Dexter, Battlestar, Six Feet Under, 24 and Sopranos. When shows change direction, people complain it isn't the same. These are often the same people who demand change. IT confuses be and it goes to show; there is just no pleasing some people.

Of course, some shows do exceed their welcome and stay on too long. X-files comes to mind. And also, will Coronatio Street ever end?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I didn't know that show was known outside of the UK, Mattrick. But no, like many soaps, Coronation Street isn't actually designed to have a beginning, a middle and an ending, just to keep going and have hardcore fans who don't know the difference between fiction and reality.

But back to your original point, I can certainly accept a lot of change, if and when it's needed. I certainly know that shows can get a lot of criticism for it when it happens. Take series 5 of New Who, for example: compare it to the first 4 years, and you can definitely tell it's lead by a completely different team. Same premise, but it just looked and felt almost completely different, on the surface at least. It received a lot of criticism for that. It's also one of my favourite seasons of the past 5 years, possibly out of over 30 seasons of Who altogether. So if Battlestar did change drastically in its later seasons, well if it's as good quality wise as the early seasons at least, I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I loved the latter part and ending of BSG.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Come on, a few more votes for Galactica!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I loved the latter part and ending of BSG.
    Me too. Similar to Lost I felt they did a great job with the characters and their paths and answered a lot but kept some mysteries unanswered. Which is the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge
    So if Battlestar did change drastically in its later seasons, well if it's as good quality wise as the early seasons at least, I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it.
    The last season was very different from the rest of the show. Mainly due to it's focus on characters. A lot of character-driven plot that was slower paced but very, very good. I think a lot of people expect the last season of shows to be off the wall crazy. Sopranos, 24, Lost and BSG all took very slow, yet dense, paths at the end. Where it's more about concluding the characters roles in the show. Usually by the ends of show I'm so wrapped up in the characters dilemmas built over the course of the series, I'm the glad plot becomes about them instead of how they affect the plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I gave up on hoping
    Hey with some time still remaining the difference is just one.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll is tied, and the tiebreak is tied too:

Tiebreak of stated votes:

BSG: Erin, Mattrick, pablo, mystima, DoctorDodge (5)
    BBT: candy, alkanto, OchrisO, Lady Hitchhiker, John Blaze (5)

Do I count alinda's statement ("ok saw BG , but not enough to vote iyt best of all time???") as a vote for BSG? If not, then I think the next 3 posts with stated votes should break the tie.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I personally wouldn't count it unless they specifically indicated which show they're voting for.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, which is why I didn't count it. It's too ambiguous. Now, folks, those that didn't state which series they voted for, please do so now. The first show to get 3 stated votes moves on.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Sorry, I never posted for my pick - Battlestar Galactica is soooooo much more than a sci-fi show. It's got depth and emotion very uncommon in today's television .... even among the "best" dramas on television. Without a doubt, it should move on.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I voted for BBT.

Country
    Country Flag

So far it's 1-1. Come on, folks. You're holding up Round 2

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

my name is little jimmy and I love BSG! omg it's sooo great.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice try. Come on folks!

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone, anyone?

Country
    Country Flag

People that voted in this bracket (or those that missed voting)! I need your input here before I can close the 2000s decade and post the first bracket in Round 2 for the 2000s!

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I used a placeholder for the winner of this bracket and used that in the randomizer, which will allow me to post the first bracket of the 2000s. But please folks, we need to resolve this ASAP, please.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Big Bang Theory! (again)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Big Bang Theory! (again)
    Sorry, I counted you already in the initial tiebreak which ended up 5-5.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Battlestar Galactica !

Country
    Country Flag

2-1 in favor of BSG.

Should I keep this score, which is best out of three, or keep waiting for the best out of five?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll leave that up entirely to you, o' overseeing tournament host !

Country
    Country Flag

Well, if it doesn't change by tomorrow morning (24 hours since the poll's closing), then we'll have to make do with these numbers, and declare Battlestar Gallactica the winner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast