Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful. I'm going out to buy Powerball tickets right NOW! Definitely worth the price. Awesome piece.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you pick up a winning powerball ticket for me too Bev, I'll share it with you
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have just made a change to some of the details on my website with regard to ordering a matching number of a Crimson King Sculpture to previous sculptures as I felt it should be clarified:-

"All sculptures are made to order on a first come first served basis. Matching numbers to previous purchases can be arranged and, if desired, then please state your previous number that you wish to match with this sculpture. If you wish to match a number then order quickly or contact me so that we can discuss it. I can only hold specific numbers for a reasonable time and if you will definitely be placing an order. If you do not place an order or contact me to discuss matching your number then your number may be allocated to another customer and sold."

The item page can be found here:

https://rachelreadman.com/the-crimson-king-sculpture

Many thanks,
    Rachel

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I'm so excited Rachel to envision this added to my DT collection. Thanks for making a piece like this possible
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Jake. You will have your sculptures sat alongside your books soon enough!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the "model" when I was last at Michael Whelan's house (with AKC) a month ago and the sculpture is simply breathtaking. Rachel...you are a Goddess!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Audrey said you guys had been over to visit and were eyeballing the sculpture. Perhaps a Father 'David' Calahan sculpture sometime in the future huh??

You are very kind David, glad you like how the sculpture turned out (even before the extra refinements that were made since the one Michael has).

I'll be starting working on the first bunch of orders in the coming week but anyone considering ordering should do so soon if you want to get in with the first batch, after that you will be looking at around 16 weeks wait for one.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

By way of keeping people in the loop, I've placed orders for supplies and should have the first batch of sculptures cast in around two weeks. I'll then begin painting, finishing and shipping them in the order that orders were placed (and paid) and as quickly as I can get each one done. I will be in touch with each of you who are awaiting your order close to when your sculpture is finished and ready to ship.

Anyone who wishes to place an order for the Crimson King sculpture can do so here:

Thanks everyone!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Question ( which you might have answered already, if so, sorry) ... If you took no breaks, how long does each one take to paint, from start to finish?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Shannon,

That's a valid and interesting question, I'm glad you asked as I hadn't at this point worked it out exactly.

As this piece was another reworking and refining the colours and techniques it is likely that it will be different timescale to on-going sculptures. Now that I know exactly how I'm doing the painting and precisely how to achieve the correct colours etc. It could take less time but until I actually paint another one I cannot be sure.

Not including mould making, casting, making minor repairs to casting imperfections, varnishing, mounting to the wooden base, attaching limitation plate etc. So purely just painting it worked out for this one at 42 hours. However as I say this one was still a proof that I was essentially practicing and perfecting on so all future sculptures to fulfil orders may (should) take less time but I can't say for sure.

When I do the next one I am going to make a log of exactly how long it takes and will post here once it's done.

Approximately two weeks and I should have new cast sculptures so once I get started painting I'll keep a timesheet and let you know the result.

Anyone who wishes to place an order for the Crimson King sculpture can do so here:

Cheers,
    Rachel

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently on holiday in Cornwall and as we are staying just down the road, I took the opportunity to visit Rachel and Mick at her home studio. Rachel and Mick are both very gracious hosts and live in a stunning home filled with DT art work on all the walls. I got to see the new Crimson King sculpture up close and I have to say it does not disappoint (not that any of you thought it would!). It's a stunning piece and the attention to detail is just amazing. Rachel has put years of her life into perfecting this and she REALLY is a perfectionist. I won't give anything away but I can list at least 5 incredible details that you would never, ever see at first glance (possibly never even see unless it was pointed out) but they would excite any King collector who has a knowledge of The Dark Tower!

I have been a fan of Rachel's work for a while now and love all of the things she has created in many mediums, however I was shown a book that she has remarqued in a homage to another artists style and quite simply I was blown away. Rachel has filled every available blank page with these remarques and there must be 10-15 beautiful full page drawings in the book. Rachel did these 'just for herself' and won't show them, but I would would defy any collector on these boards to not believe they were done by the original artist, they really are amazing.

Thanks for letting us visit Rachel, Hopefully we will see you both again before our holiday is done.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a wonderful visit, Simon and Rachel. Any photos of you two?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Sounds like a wonderful visit, Simon and Rachel. Any photos of you two?
    Unfortunately not, too much talk and then we went in search of food. I'm meeting up with Rachel again tomorrow night, so will try and get at least one picture of us all!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, did anybody actually ordered any??
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I can answer this for Rachel, Yes!

I know b/c I'm in line, and I put in my order within one day of announcement I think. I was waiting/monitoring for b/c after I get this and my Constant Readers, my DT collection will be finished (at least until i can find and trade for the 2 #51s I'm looking for) :-)
    Wanted:

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I can answer this for Rachel, Yes!

I know b/c I'm in line, and I put in my order within one day of announcement I think. I was waiting/monitoring for b/c after I get this and my Constant Readers, my DT collection will be finished (at least until i can find and trade for the 2 #51s I'm looking for) :-)
    Congrats! I would have loved to get one, but it's out of my price range.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel has had a number of orders for the CK that are in progress right now.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I'm working away here. Just putting the final touches to 2 Constant Readers and they will be ready to ship out but also working at bits and pieces for the Crimson King orders too, limitation plates, Jester's staffs, cherrywood bases, waiting for flightcases being made etc.

Our pleasure having you visit us Simon, we really enjoyed it and you are more than welcome, anytime. Really pleased you enjoyed yourselves.

Just an FYI, the weaker pound (because of our exiting the EU) now means that overseas customers can save significant amounts buying my work due to the exchange rate so anyone considering an order, now would be a good time. Who knows, it may weaken further or rise again??

Rachel X

I wanted to post here in addition to my collection thread because I really want people looking into Rachel's work to see how great her pieces can make an area.

It worked out where the last two weeks I've been doing some traveling. Rachel had my 2 Constant Reader sculptures completed, but I was playing tag with UPS who of course needed me to be there in person to take delivery. So close to getting these and not having them was driving me nuts while i was out of town.

The Dark Tower collection is my only book collection, and something i had been wanting to do for a long time. The series is important to me, and i wanted the books viewable in my home office area. I had my slipcase & AE editions mixed with 1st ed. read copies. After discovering Rachel's work via Simon/Stroppygoblin, i decided i wanted to incorporate these two CR sculptures. The blank space between Charliee the Choo Choo and the Pink Wizard's Glass is patiently waiting for completion and delivery of the Crimson King painted sculpture.

I had to make room, so my read copies were moved to the hallway, which my wife just informed me would not be staying there long. Apparently my will only dominates in my little corner/office of our home :-)

Thanks so much Rachel for making that corner so much cooler!

Wanted:

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful! Congrats!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice set-up! I like how you have everything on your desk(s) so they're just a reach away.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Love it!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice! Did I mention we have exactly the same desk? Yours looks SO much tidier than mine though....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! Congrautlations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast